• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

vs. Weber St.

SUB IN : NERO, Caleb 00:13
SUB OUT: JOHN, Cody 00:13
MISSED 3 PTR by HARDING, Jerrick 00:09
REBOUND (OFF) by CHAPMAN, Brekkott 00:09
MISSED JUMPER by CHAPMAN, Brekkott 00:03 REBOUND (DEF) by OGUINE, Michael

Chapman should have dribbled out or passed out. Big mistake.

"Harding had 27 points to his name in the second half alone, and Weber State had 56 points as it mounted a comeback. When Montana’s Kendal Manuel hit a pair of free throws with 12 seconds left, WSU would need three more. Harding raced up the floor and stopped to put up a twisting 3-pointer. It hit front iron with 7 seconds left. Brekkott Chapman grabbed the rebound and missed a putback attempt. Michal Kozak grabbed that rebound but got tied up with Montana’s Michael Oguine before he could kick it outside for one final attempt. Time expired."

yes my bad. I was thinking of the possession before. Their final possession was a 3 attempt and a putback attempt...

AZGrizFan said:
yes my bad. I was thinking of the possession before. Their final possession was a 3 attempt and a putback attempt...

You almost wish the weber guy would have made the 2-point put back attempt just to show him the huge mistake it was to not throw it back out for another 3 attempt.

I was wondering about the same thing. That T on Bobby is a real mystery to me. And the one on Rorie appeared it could have gone either, or at least both ways.

PlayerRep said:
Any "color" on the 2 technical fouls? Could someone other than AZ respond. Ha. Just kidding. No offense meant.

I'm offended at your non offense! :lol: Just kidding. The tech I was most flabbergasted about was the one on Moorehead. My only guess is he said something the ref really didn't like, but that seems pretty far out of character - though he could have been pretty frustrated about the 3/4 times he went in for a layup and potentially got fouled with no whistle - maybe that lead to him saying something. I don't know though. If it were a tech on Falls for yapping at the ref, I would have believed that, but not Moorehead.

IMO, the tech on Rorie was pretty questionable, but if they called a tech on Rorie for for just trying to walk to his teammates and bumping into Harding, then pushing him out of the way after Harding shoved a forearm in his chest....lame.

If they were going to call a tech on Rorie, they should have called one on Harding as well for flapping a forearm at Rorie.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Any "color" on the 2 technical fouls? Could someone other than AZ respond. Ha. Just kidding. No offense meant.

I'm offended at your non offense! :lol: Just kidding. The tech I was most flabbergasted about was the one on Moorehead. My only guess is he said something the ref really didn't like, but that seems pretty far out of character - though he could have been pretty frustrated about the 3/4 times he went in for a layup and potentially got fouled with no whistle - maybe that lead to him saying something. I don't know though. If it were a tech on Falls for yapping at the ref, I would have believed that, but not Moorehead.

IMO, the tech on Rorie was pretty questionable, but if they called a tech on Rorie for for just trying to walk to his teammates and bumping into Harding, then pushing him out of the way after Harding shoved a forearm in his chest....lame.

If they were going to call a tech on Rorie, they should have called one on Harding as well for flapping a forearm at Rorie.

Thx. Neither of those guys seem likely to get technicals, particularly in a close game. Presumably, they will be much more careful in the future.

PlayerRep said:

I missed Moorhead's. Rorie's came after Oguine drove, was fouled in act. As he and defender came down, defender elbowed Oguine off. Then same defender and Rorie met for brief high arm push off...both guys pushed....and they called "T" on Rorie. Oguine made his FT's but Weber got 2 they made also and ball... but didn't score with next possession.

Should have been nothing. One ref seemed ready to screw the Griz for the final 8 minutes or so but to his/their credit there were couple block/charge calls that I screamed at until watching the replays and they got most of those right. But few mystery ticky tacks on Griz that kept turning into 2 made FT's for Weber.

Fun game to watch. Those blown leads and tight finishes make for excitement. Despite their tendency to let leads slip, Griz seem to have what it takes to win. Pritchett was solid as a rock, Oguine made plays late and Manuel made two clutch FT's at end.

Happy for Manuel contributing like he is. Watched him play a bunch in HS ball. A Montana kid!

I hope our staff takes a close look at the travelling calls on Pridgett. They looked to me like legit drop-steps, and ones that have not been called before.

The tech on Rorie was lame. A veteran crew would have stepped in, issued warnings to both sides, and let it go at that.

grizzlyjournal said:
Every time I listen to Coach DeCuire talk basketball, talk about his team, his players, and his support staff -- whether it's before or after a game, or at the mid-week Griz Den show -- I come away just a bit more measurably impressed. Another great interview post-game. (imbedded below, in the soundcloud link)

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1096282826712829952[/media]
Amen! I’m the same way.
I didn’t click on this link but I listened to his interview last night on the radio, and I’m guessing it’s the same thing.
I think he was saying Moorehead’s T was due to trash-talking some dweeb.
And the bit about what he says during timeouts was special. Basically (paraphrasing), early in his career here (3-4 years ago) he’d yell like crazy and try to use his own intensity to fire up the players. But now he doesn’t have to do that because he has his guys and they’re all battle tested, and they do it for him and spread the intensity themselves.
Enjoy him while it lasts, Griz nation.

garizzalies said:
grizzlyjournal said:
Every time I listen to Coach DeCuire talk basketball, talk about his team, his players, and his support staff -- whether it's before or after a game, or at the mid-week Griz Den show -- I come away just a bit more measurably impressed. Another great interview post-game. (imbedded below, in the soundcloud link)

[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1096282826712829952[/media]
Amen! I’m the same way.
I didn’t click on this link but I listened to his interview last night on the radio, and I’m guessing it’s the same thing.
I think he was saying Moorehead’s T was due to trash-talking some dweeb.
And the bit about what he says during timeouts was special. Basically (paraphrasing), early in his career here (3-4 years ago) he’d yell like crazy and try to use his own intensity to fire up the players. But now he doesn’t have to do that because he has his guys and they’re all battle tested, and they do it for him and spread the intensity themselves.
Enjoy him while it lasts, Griz nation.

And he said that in the past, he'd use a few F calls.

I too am impressed by what he says about games, players, and strategies. I learn a lot every time I listen to him.

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I missed Moorhead's. Rorie's came after Oguine drove, was fouled in act. As he and defender came down, defender elbowed Oguine off. Then same defender and Rorie met for brief high arm push off...both guys pushed....and they called "T" on Rorie. Oguine made his FT's but Weber got 2 they made also and ball... but didn't score with next possession.

Should have been nothing. One ref seemed ready to screw the Griz for the final 8 minutes or so but to his/their credit there were couple block/charge calls that I screamed at until watching the replays and they got most of those right. But few mystery ticky tacks on Griz that kept turning into 2 made FT's for Weber.

Fun game to watch. Those blown leads and tight finishes make for excitement. Despite their tendency to let leads slip, Griz seem to have what it takes to win. Pritchett was solid as a rock, Oguine made plays late and Manuel made two clutch FT's at end.

Happy for Manuel contributing like he is. Watched him play a bunch in HS ball. A Montana kid!

Thanks. Terrific report.

Back