• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State Wildcats Scouting Report

AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Good for you and your dad. My wife would have been sitting just to your left. That handicapped seating area is a terrific spot. I used to see Doug Bettors there on occasion, but have seen him for several years.

UM did it right up there. Even with the plug-ins so I could bring him an electric blanket and plug in his O2 tank....he was snug as a bug in a rug! Plus, the view from the front row of the Majestic Plaza is unparalleled in the stadium, IMHO.

Did the outstanding usher at that section tell you about those extra's ?

Is that person awesome or WHAT?? :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap:

was it you? :lol: :lol:
:cool:

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
UM did it right up there. Even with the plug-ins so I could bring him an electric blanket and plug in his O2 tank....he was snug as a bug in a rug! Plus, the view from the front row of the Majestic Plaza is unparalleled in the stadium, IMHO.

Did the outstanding usher at that section tell you about those extra's ?

Well i was wearing my Griz hat that has AZGrizFan embroidered on the back, so you should have said something! :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
RayWill said:
Sundown said:

Yep, My mother had 1 leg missing below the leg and could hardly walk on her artificial leg but she made it to at least a few Griz games every year the last few years screaming the whole time. She would have been at UNA and Monmouth this year but she passed the week of the UNA game. On her death bed, she made me and my sis promise to go to as many as we could and cheer them on. I made it to three games this year my sis 4. I would love to be there this weekend but have to work SAT morning.

Awesome on your mom. Sounds strong and matter of fact. Probably outright tough, in a good way. Would have liked to have met her. Sorry she’s gone.

To answer your question posed in the Good/Bad/Ugly locked thread, YES, I was in the handicapped section. Came up to Missoula specifically to take my 89 year old father to (what he bluntly referred to as his last) Griz game. They were season ticket holders for about 15 years, but gave them up 2-3 years ago when he started having significant health problems. He’s improved somewhat recently, and this weekend was his 2nd game this year. We were in the first row of the Majestic Plaza...he in his wheel chair and I in the seat next to him. Thoroughly enjoyed himself.
So cool that you two were able to take in a recent game. I too hope to be able to be going to a good many more games.

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well i was wearing my Griz hat that has AZGrizFan embroidered on the back, so you should have said something! :thumb:

Next time you show up.

OK, honest question: Were you the lady or the guy? Because there was one of each (we were at about the 30 yard line, towards the NEZ)….

fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:
AZGrizFan said:

Next time you show up.

OK, honest question: Were you the lady or the guy? Because there was one of each (we were at about the 30 yard line, towards the NEZ)….

Bet you were in section 225 ?

224. Right on the 30.

BWahlberg said:
-------------
General Stats

Passing yards per game Montana (175 for WEB vs 303 for UM)
Rushing yards per game WEB (188 for WEB vs 163 for UM)
Total offense Montana (363 for WEB vs 466 for UM)
Passing yards allowed per game WEB (244 for WEB vs 296 for UM)
Rushing yards allowed per game WEB (111 for WEB vs 117 for UM)
Total defense WEB (355 for WEB vs 413 for UM)

Big roll for Weber, picking up 4 to Montana’s 2. (corrected)

Offense points scored Montana (30.6 for WEB vs 38.2 for UM)
Defense points allowed WEB (20.7 for WEB vs 24.2 for UM)
Turnover margin WEB – (+13 for WEB / +4 for Montana)
Fieldgoal % WEB (86% for WEB vs 75% for UM)
Punt Returns Montana (11.5 yards for WEB vs 16.2 yards for UM)
Kick Returns Montana (21.3 yards for WEB vs 22.5 yards for UM)
T.O.P. WEB (33:26 for WEB vs 30:14 for UM)
Red Zone defense (touchdowns) WEB (38% WEB / 62% UM)
Red Zone offense (touchdowns) Montana (65% WEB / 66% UM)
3rd down offense Montana – (38% for WEB / 48% for UM)
3rd down defense WEB – (32% allowed for WEB vs 34% allowed for UM)

Montana adds 5 while Weber adds 6, this puts Weber with 10 to Montana’s 7. Lots of staggering advantages for Weber, including their massive +13 turnover margin (they’ve recovered 13 fumbles and only lost 3 – plus have 3 more picks forced than lost).

--------------------

However, I have a feeling about this game that I can’t shake. Montana is on a roll and guys all over are getting better each week and impacting the game like we’d not seen earlier. The crowd should be insane, the stakes will be huge but this team is in a spot it’s not been in before – it’s not backs to the wall… but rather focus on what you do best and damnit execute and get it done. These guys are in a different space than we’ve seen Griz teams in maybe almost 8 years, and I think they’ll do something special with it. The chess-match of Hauck vs Hill will be incredible, but I like our QBs, our WRs, and our defensive front better. I think when the time comes to make a play, it will happen. This will set the tone for a playoff run and it’ll happen in front of our eyes. I’ll say the Griz pull it off, in one of the most memorable games in years, 31-28.

GO GRIZ!!
FIRST DOWNS 23 17
Rushing 3 5
Passing 16 12
Penalty 4 0
NET YARDS RUSHING 69 129
Rushing Attempts 36 34
Average Per Rush 1.9 3.8
Rushing Touchdowns 0 2
Yards Gained Rushing 116 146
Yards Lost Rushing 47 17
NET YARDS PASSING 294 265
Completions-Attempts-Int 28-51-3 17-26-2
Average Per Attempt 5.8 10.2
Average Per Completion 10.5 15.6
Passing Touchdowns 2 3
TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS 363 394
Total offense plays 87 60
Average Gain Per Play 4.2 6.6
Fumbles: Number-Lost 1-1 0-0
Penalties: Number-Yards 3-35 6-63
PUNTS-YARDS 7-250 8-283
Average Yards Per Punt 35.7 35.4
Net Yards Per Punt 32.9 32.9
Inside 20 1 2
50+ Yards 1 0
Touchbacks 1 1
Fair catch 5 1
KICKOFFS-YARDS 4-225 6-375
Average Yards Per Kickoff 56.2 62.5
Net Yards Per Kickoff 47.0 42.2
Touchbacks 0 1
Fair Catch Yards 22 0
Punt returns: Number-Yards-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Average Per Return 0.0 0.0
Kickoff returns: Number-Yds-TD 5-97-0 3-37-0
Average Per Return 19.4 12.3
Interceptions: Number-Yds-TD 2-7-0 3-0-0
Fumble Returns: Number-Yds-TD 0-0-0 0-0-0
Miscellaneous Yards 0 0
Possession Time 34:35 25:25
1st Quarter 11:36 3:24
2nd Quarter 9:42 5:18
3rd Quarter 8:23 6:37
4th Quarter 4:54 10:06
Third-Down Conversions 6 of 20 2 of 10
Fourth-Down Conversions 1 of 2 0 of 0
Red-Zone Scores-Chances 3-5 3-3
Touchdowns 2-5 3-3
Field goals 1-5 0-3
Sacks By: Number-Yards 2-15 3-32
PAT Kicks 1-2 5-5
Field Goals 1-2 0-0
Points off turnovers 0 7

The stats were skewed when there was 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Wildcats were down by 5 scores. Everything after that point was just to not get anyone hurt.
But when you look at every team that we have played since Sac State, they all have fantastic resumes. Until they play the Griz.
Go Griz

At that point you mention, Weber had 205 yards of total offense. Racked up a bunch of meaningless stats against our 2’s and 3’s...hope they feel better about themselves. Lol

Latest posts

Back