• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:
Probably filling out his transfer portal paperwork, and sadly I wouldn't blame him.

I made this post on the other side, but it’s appropriate here as well…

It astounds me that of ALL the HS QB’s brought in by Hauck, BROWN is the only one to ever get meaningful playing time….he makes Brady Gustafson look like Tom Brady. I just have a really hard time believing that he’s better than any other HS QB that Hauck has ever had in a Griz uniform in the past 5 years.

But, the more telling stat is this:

2018: Sneed
2019: Sneed
2020: Humphrey
2021: Humphrey
2022: Johnson
2023: ???

Why would ANY HS QB ever want to come here? Five years of QB’s and (much like the O-line) not a single starter developed from a HS recruit. Just a revolving door of transfers coming and going. And Hauck either converts EVERY Montana HS QB he recruits to another position or recruits them for another position (Graves, Rostad, Ryder Myer, Tanner Wilson, Bergen, etc., etc), except for some inexplainable reason….Kris Brown. What’s the over/under until Huot’s position change is announced?

Honestly, it’s a very strange development, but one I’m sure every HS QB sees. And with Britt, Huot, Brown and Abbott ALL in the QB room, if Brown truly is the best option of those four then I agree with another poster….clean that room out and take a hard look in the mirror at your recruiting style/tendencies/habits.

Probably one of the best posts I have read on egriz in awhile. Honest and factual. I have seen way too many Bobby apologists as of late. He and his staff are simply not getting it done at the QB position. Ridiculous and the issue is either BH. or Rosy. Something is wrong. Almost every other legitimate program in the BSC is not having these issues. Why? The U of M should be a wrecking ball and contending for BSC championships and deep playoff runs every single year. Stale, boring, outdated and underutilized are words that come to mind with the current offense. Don’t give me the “Hauck and Rosy have forgotten more about - blah, blah, blah and more blah.” Then why the hell aren’t they dominating on offense? It just ain’t happening. Stick you head in the sand and call me or anyone else a bad fan. Whatever, the facts are hitting you in the forehead. How many years before the Griz win a BSC Championship. At this rate, a really long time. Changes need to be made.

AZGrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:
Probably filling out his transfer portal paperwork, and sadly I wouldn't blame him.

I made this post on the other side, but it’s appropriate here as well…

It astounds me that of ALL the HS QB’s brought in by Hauck, BROWN is the only one to ever get meaningful playing time….he makes Brady Gustafson look like Tom Brady. I just have a really hard time believing that he’s better than any other HS QB that Hauck has ever had in a Griz uniform in the past 5 years.

But, the more telling stat is this:

2018: Sneed
2019: Sneed
2020: Humphrey
2021: Humphrey
2022: Johnson
2023: ???

Why would ANY HS QB ever want to come here? Five years of QB’s and (much like the O-line) not a single starter developed from a HS recruit. Just a revolving door of transfers coming and going. And Hauck either converts EVERY Montana HS QB he recruits to another position or recruits them for another position (Graves, Rostad, Ryder Myer, Tanner Wilson, Bergen, etc., etc), except for some inexplainable reason….Kris Brown. What’s the over/under until Huot’s position change is announced?

Honestly, it’s a very strange development, but one I’m sure every HS QB sees. And with Britt, Huot, Brown and Abbott ALL in the QB room, if Brown truly is the best option of those four then I agree with another poster….clean that room out and take a hard look in the mirror at your recruiting style/tendencies/habits.
great post, I see this as a long term Bobby fault and its no small deficit. I think Brown looks the part and that's why he is number two. You can bet another transfer will be brought in for next season. Its predictable and getting boring.

mthoopsfan said:
Note that during the season, the no. 3 qb often gets no reps in practice during the season.

So Hauck is just “assuming” that Brown is better? Britt isn’t even getting a chance to prove himself? Despite being scout team POY last year? Yep….seems legit.

He won’t be a Griz much longer, I’ll bet.

AZGrizFan said:
One small correction to my post: No O-line HS recruits on the O-line until THIS year.

Would you rather have high school recruits, or 1 guy from Wa St, 2 from Nebraska, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from Arizona St, 1 from Ohio St (sorta)?

With the portal, I think o-line players are going to come more from FBS than high school. 2d or 3d team o-line players from FBS come with some experience, good training, and more data to assess their quality and potential. And, with 2 or 3 years of playing at UM, under a terrific coach like Germer, and lots of playing experience, they can develop towards NFL quality. Just a thought.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
One small correction to my post: No O-line HS recruits on the O-line until THIS year.

Would you rather have high school recruits, or 1 guy from Wa St, 2 from Nebraska, 1 from Oklahoma, 1 from Arizona St, 1 from Ohio St (sorta)?

With the portal, I think o-line players are going to come more from FBS than high school. 2d or 3d team o-line players from FBS come with some experience, good training, and more data to assess their quality and potential. And, with 2 or 3 years of playing at UM, under a terrific coach like Germer, and lots of playing experience, they can develop towards NFL quality. Just a thought.

Germer is so terrific he hasn’t developed a single starter before this year.

And it begs the question: If we’re going to rely on transfers EVERY year, why would a HS recruit even bother? It’s readily apparent Germer can’t develop talent (or doesn’t have the patience), and neither does Rosy with QB’s. And EVERY HS recruit sees that and knows that. NDSU has three fucking QB’s in the NFL right now. EWU produces Payton winners like it’s nothing. NONE of those guys were transfers. We keep getting transfers and finishing in 3rd, 4th, 5th place. Thrilled to death with the quarterfinals every year.

It’s getting old. Hell, it’s reached a point where I’d just like Bobby, Germer and Rosy to develop someone just to fucking prove me wrong.

I won’t hold my breath.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

And it begs the question: If we’re going to rely on transfers EVERY year, why would a HS recruit even bother? It’s readily apparent Germer can’t develop talent (or doesn’t have the patience), and neither does Rosy with QB’s. And EVERY HS recruit sees that and knows that. NDSU has three f###[#] QB’s in the NFL right now. EWU produces Payton winners like it’s nothing. NONE of those guys were transfers. We keep getting transfers and finishing in 3rd, 4th, 5th place. Thrilled to death with the quarterfinals every year.

It’s getting old. Hell, it’s reached a point where I’d just like Bobby, Germer and Rosy to develop someone just to f###[#] prove me wrong.

I won’t hold my breath.

Germer has developed every single starter since he came back to UM. And the o-line this year is good.

Times are a changing. Where do you think high school kids are going to go?

I like getting to the quarterfinals every year. Probably this year, we will go beyond.

Two of NDSU's qb's are hurt and not playing in the NFL. Almost all of those NDSU NFL players were developed and there before the Portal and No-Sit Rule.

Hasn't UM had only 2 frosh-developed qb starters in the last 2 decades?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

And it begs the question: If we’re going to rely on transfers EVERY year, why would a HS recruit even bother? It’s readily apparent Germer can’t develop talent (or doesn’t have the patience), and neither does Rosy with QB’s. And EVERY HS recruit sees that and knows that. NDSU has three f###[#] QB’s in the NFL right now. EWU produces Payton winners like it’s nothing. NONE of those guys were transfers. We keep getting transfers and finishing in 3rd, 4th, 5th place. Thrilled to death with the quarterfinals every year.

It’s getting old. Hell, it’s reached a point where I’d just like Bobby, Germer and Rosy to develop someone just to f###[#] prove me wrong.

I won’t hold my breath.

Germer has developed every single starter since he came back to UM. And the o-line this year is good.

I like getting to the quarterfinals every year. Probably this year, we will go beyond.

Two of NDSU's qb's are hurt and not playing in the NFL. Almost all of those NDSU NFL players were developed and there before the Portal and No-Sit Rule.

I’m not looking for a frosh to be QB. I’m looking for a HS recruit….a kid that they identified IN HIGH SCHOOL…to be developed and end up being the starter for this team. Prove to me you can recruit HS kids and develop them, or just fucking stop altogether and build the team solely through the portal, taking other teams’ castoffs.

And Germer hasn’t “developed” anyone. Literally maybe the ONLY player who you might be able to attribute to Germer is Cook. Not Forbes. Not Mayginnes. Not Walker. They are exactly the same players they were when they got here. Beaver actually regressed last year. Mallory was worse his 2nd year than his first. Players leaving that position in droves.

And regarding the NDSU QB’s…are they NOT on NFL rosters? Are they not collecting an NFL paycheck? If they were Griz QB’s you’d be crowing to anyone who would listen that they were NFL’ers whether they ever saw the field or not.

If this weren’t Bobby Hauck and his band of merry men every Griz fan here would be screaming for his head right now. It’s EXACTLY like Stitt…beat up on the stiffs, can’t win/compete against the teams with a pulse. I see it. Every objective fan sees it. And NOBODY on this planet would have been given 5 years to get us to where we’re at right now. Nobody. Except Bobby Hauck. And if we brought him back to just get us to the quarters every year, well then they’ve seen my last dollar.

AZGrizFan said:

One o-line verbal and 5 or so offers out there...

Over/under on how many sign?

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

I’m not looking for a frosh to be QB. I’m looking for a HS recruit….a kid that they identified IN HIGH SCHOOL…to be developed and end up being the starter for this team. Prove to me you can recruit HS kids and develop them, or just f###[#] stop altogether and build the team solely through the portal, taking other teams’ castoffs.

And Germer hasn’t “developed” anyone. Literally maybe the ONLY player who you might be able to attribute to Germer is Cook. Not Forbes. Not Mayginnes. Not Walker. They are exactly the same players they were when they got here. Beaver actually regressed last year. Mallory was worse his 2nd year than his first. Players leaving that position in droves.

And regarding the NDSU QB’s…are they NOT on NFL rosters? Are they not collecting an NFL paycheck? If they were Griz QB’s you’d be crowing to anyone who would listen that they were NFL’ers whether they ever saw the field or not.

If this weren’t Bobby Hauck and his band of merry men every Griz fan here would be screaming for his head right now. It’s EXACTLY like Stitt…beat up on the stiffs, can’t win/compete against the teams with a pulse. I see it. Every objective fan sees it. And NOBODY on this planet would have been given 5 years to get us to where we’re at right now. Nobody. Except Bobby Hauck. And if we brought him back to just get us to the quarters every year, well then they’ve seen my last dollar.

Most think it...few will say it. That is the truth.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
Note that during the season, the no. 3 qb often gets no reps in practice during the season.

So Hauck is just “assuming” that Brown is better? Britt isn’t even getting a chance to prove himself? Despite being scout team POY last year? Yep….seems legit.

He won’t be a Griz much longer, I’ll bet.

How about $100 bet that Britt is at UM next fall?

Kid's holding a clipboard most practices. Don't expect anything from him, literally, until Brown goes down or they finally lose patience with him.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
I’m not looking for a frosh to be QB. I’m looking for a HS recruit….a kid that they identified IN HIGH SCHOOL…to be developed and end up being the starter for this team. Prove to me you can recruit HS kids and develop them, or just f###[#] stop altogether and build the team solely through the portal, taking other teams’ castoffs.

Mainly people who don’t know Griz football or football would say or think it, in my view. Lots of love for Hauck and team at QB Club last night. Including from Bodnar. And Paoli.

mthoopsfan said:
SoldierGriz said:

Mainly people who don’t know Griz football or football would say or think it, in my view. Lots of love for Hauck and team at QB Club last night. Including from Bodnar. And Paoli.

No, there wasn't much love. You weren't the only one there...why do you post things that aren't true? Guess that's what lawyers do when they have to defend felons. Doesn't work here as many of us attended and observed.

StumptownGriz said:
Here is a hot take. If LJ doesn't pass concussion protocol, Daniel Britt will be your starter for the Weber game.

I could see this. It also wouldn't surprise me that if Brown starts, the offense struggles, and they fall behind by a couple scores.

HelenaHandBasket said:
StumptownGriz said:
Here is a hot take. If LJ doesn't pass concussion protocol, Daniel Britt will be your starter for the Weber game.

I could see this. It also wouldn't surprise me that if Brown starts, the offense struggles, and they fall behind by a couple scores.

Brown would start, not Britt.

i don't understand this. what have people seen in daniel britt that makes them so convinced he is better than brown? i honestly haven't seen enough from him to know jack shit about him. secondly, why on earth would a coaching staff choose to not play someone that made the team better and give them a better chance to win? the answer: they wouldn't. britt may be a great qb some day, but i would think this staff is able to discern that he is simply not better than brown at this point.

Back