• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

smarsh said:
i don't understand this. what have people seen in daniel britt that makes them so convinced he is better than brown? i honestly haven't seen enough from him to know jack shit about him. secondly, why on earth would a coaching staff choose to not play someone that made the team better and give them a better chance to win? the answer: they wouldn't. britt may be a great qb some day, but i would think this staff is able to discern that he is simply not better than brown at this point.

I think for most it is what they have seen in Brown, and they see very little upside. My understanding is they prefer Brown because they don't think he will make mistakes, not whom could make the offense more dynamic.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
So Hauck is just “assuming” that Brown is better? Britt isn’t even getting a chance to prove himself? Despite being scout team POY last year? Yep….seems legit.

He won’t be a Griz much longer, I’ll bet.

How about $100 bet that Britt is at UM next fall?

I will determine whether or not I make that bet depending on how the rest of this season plays out. And based on the way things are trending, the "rest of the season" could end up being much shorter than originally anticipated.

smarsh said:
i don't understand this. what have people seen in daniel britt that makes them so convinced he is better than brown? i honestly haven't seen enough from him to know jack shit about him. secondly, why on earth would a coaching staff choose to not play someone that made the team better and give them a better chance to win? the answer: they wouldn't. britt may be a great qb some day, but i would think this staff is able to discern that he is simply not better than brown at this point.

Because Hauck has flat-out said he will not play freshmen unless he has to. Brown is safe, Britt has a lot of upside to make the offense more dynamic like LJ has, but might throw an INT or something (oh no!) and make a freshman mistake here and there. Apparently he threw a bad pass in one of the early games, and thus he was exiled for making a bad read. Hauck and Rosey are stuck in the past in this thought process, as other schools see that these Freshmen are coming out and taking the fields by storm. Hell, Idaho and the scats alone have realized how beneficial their freshmen QB's are/were, and last I checked one school beat us while the other sits at #2/#3 in the standings.

One can only hope they're prepping for Britt to play if the Griz go down and can't move the ball.

#15 Fan said:
smarsh said:

Because Hauck has flat-out said he will not play freshmen unless he has to. Brown is safe, Britt has a lot of upside to make the offense more dynamic like LJ has, but might throw an INT or something (oh no!) and make a freshman mistake here and there. Apparently he threw a bad pass in one of the early games, and thus he was exiled for making a bad read. Hauck and Rosey are stuck in the past in this thought process, as other schools see that these Freshmen are coming out and taking the fields by storm. Hell, Idaho and the scats alone have realized how beneficial their freshmen QB's are/were, and last I checked one school beat us while the other sits at #2/#3 in the standings.

One can only hope they're prepping for Britt to play if the Griz go down and can't move the ball.

I went to multiple practices. Britt has nice potential. He is nowhere close to being ready to start for the Griz or close to Brown.

You are stuck in some never never land of Griz football. Jeez, get real.

#15 Fan said:
smarsh said:

And if Britt sees no PT with Johnson down, he may be prepping for the portal.

kemajic said:
#15 Fan said:

Hardly. Britt knows he is no. 3 and Brown is far ahead of him. Go to the portal to go where? D-II, D-III, NAIA?

Ursus1 said:
Probably filling out his transfer portal paperwork, and sadly I wouldn't blame him.

Every third-string in America wants to transfer, and now most do, so you might be right, but it doesn't sound like he'd be transferring "up".

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

Hardly. Britt knows he is no. 3 and Brown is far ahead of him. Go to the portal to go where? D-II, D-III, NAIA?

Looks like you don't know Britt nor have even spoken to him. You are 100% wrong. He knows he is better then Brown.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

Looks like you don't know Britt nor have even spoken to him. You are 100% wrong. He knows he is better then Brown. And you know what, I'll bet we find out this weekend.

I don’t think Bobby would be happy with you leaking this secret but of info.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

He would do well in the portal; he was actively recruited.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

Looks like you don't know Britt nor have even spoken to him. You are 100% wrong. He knows he is better then Brown.

Have you been going to practices and talking to the coaches too?

mthoopsfan said:
hubcap said:

For what? I don't need to go to the practices in order to talk with Britt. I speak to him when he isn't playing. I can't imagine being so bored that I would watch them practice. Besides, you spoke to what Britt thinks, not what the coaches think. I have no idea what the coaches think and could care less. I can only tell you what BRITT THINKS about himself and I can tell you that he is very confidant in his abilities and doesn't believe for a second that he is the 3rd best QB.

And again about the coaches, if I was going to look for advice on how an offense runs, that last place I would be checking is this staff.

hubcap said:
mthoopsfan said:

For what? I don't need to go to the practices in order to talk with Britt. I speak to him when he isn't playing. I can't imagine being so bored that I would watch them practice. Besides, you spoke to what Britt thinks, not what the coaches think. I have no idea what the coaches think and could care less. I can only tell you what BRITT THINKS about himself and I can tell you that he is very confidant in his abilities and doesn't believe for a second that he is the 3rd best QB.

And again about the coaches, if I was going to look for advice on how an offense runs, that last place I would be checking is this staff.

So you are saying that Britt doesn’t know he is the no. 3 qb, which is what I said? And he doesn’t realize what getting few reps in practice behind two other qb means?

Britt may not be ready because he’s holding the clipboard in practice and during games. Quarterbacks need reps to get them acclimated & operational with the offense. It will take Brown going down to get Britt on the field & that will truly be trial by fire. I’m not saying the kid can’t handle it - only that he’s starting back of square one. We recruit upper-class QB’s every year because they aren’t really good at developing in-house kids.

No one can tell me they the offense doesn’t change significantly when Brown is in and while he’s made plays with his legs, Britt is more like LJ when it comes to style of game. No defense is going to be concerned about Brown beating them with his legs.

Bobby gave up on Brown in the last game of last season. I’m sorry to say I don’t see anything better from him than we saw then. He still guides the ball rather than throwing it on the short to intermediate routes and while he’s got arm to spare on the deep throws, every other one is uncatchable. Guess Bobbys not desperate enough yet to make that move again. Though he sure didn’t look quite as confident last week as he normally does.

Bok_Choi said:
Britt may not be ready because he’s holding the clipboard in practice and during games. Quarterbacks need reps to get them acclimated & operational with the offense. It will take Brown going down to get Britt on the field & that will truly be trial by fire. I’m not saying the kid can’t handle it - only that he’s starting back of square one. We recruit upper-class QB’s every year because they aren’t really good at developing in-house kids.

No one can tell me they the offense doesn’t change significantly when Brown is in and while he’s made plays with his legs, Britt is more like LJ when it comes to style of game. No defense is going to be concerned about Brown beating them with his legs.

Bobby gave up on Brown in the last game of last season. I’m sorry to say I don’t see anything better from him than we saw then. He still guides the ball rather than throwing it on the short to intermediate routes and while he’s got arm to spare on the deep throws, every other one is uncatchable. Guess Bobbys not desperate enough yet to make that move again. Though he sure didn’t look quite as confident last week as he normally does.
What I've seen from Britt in his limited exposure is that he makes very quick decisions and he has a lightning quick release which you cannot teach. He makes Brown look like a plodder. Maybe the OC prefers a plodder for his offense.

Bok_Choi said:

I don't believe Bobby or any coach gave up on Brown last season. I agree with much of the rest of your post.

If Johnson can't play, then Britt will be no. 2. If Brown gets hurt or falters, then Britt will get a chance. If Johnson can't play or is questionable, I assume Britt is getting a lot more reps in practice. He's got talent, can throw the ball, and is quick and fast. To me, the biggest issue is what you said in your first two sentences.

kemajic said:
Bok_Choi said:

What I've seen from Britt in his limited exposure is that he makes very quick decisions and he has a lightning quick release which you cannot teach. He makes Brown look like a plodder. Maybe the OC prefers a plodder for his offense.

The coaches want players who make good decisions, and don't make mistakes. Quick decisions with mistakes are bad. Quick and correct decisions are good.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

The coaches want players who make good decisions, and don't make mistakes. Quick decisions with mistakes are bad. Quick and correct decisions are good.

And how, exactly, are they making that determination if Britt has gotten no reps to this point? He looked certainly no worse than Brown in his limited playing time this season.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:

The coaches want players who make good decisions, and don't make mistakes.
That requirement in no way favors Brown.

Back