• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where’s Daniel Britt?

AllWeatherFan said:
All we are saying…is give Britt a chance.

anBlZw.jpeg

:clap:

kemajic said:
mthoopsfan said:
The coaches want players who make good decisions, and don't make mistakes.
That requirement in no way favors Brown.

I disagree. My view is that Brown generally makes good decisions. In particular, not many picks. None this year, in 48 passes. 4 last year in 153 passes. 64.71% completion rate last year.

By comparison: Humphrey had 7 picks in 233 passes last year, and 60.94% Mellott has 4 picks in 109 passes this season. Chambers has 4 picks in 68 passes this season. Of course, those 2 are better runners and better qb's. Johnson has 4 picks in 186 throws this season. (Brown has 4 in 201 throws in 2 seasons. Hope I didn't just jinx him.)

In any event, I believe is a much better qb with more potential, than you give him credit for. Of course, Johnson is the much preferred choice.

I don't know why a former player and big fan would want to criticize and run down his team's backup qb on a public Internet forum, when the team's first team qb is hurt.

mthoopsfan said:
At most schools, the back-up QB is the best player. At trend-setting UM, the third team QB is the best player.

I think it is more like, the back-up is mediocre at best and people hope the third team QB is better than mediocre. I would also like to add that number of interceptions only isn't necessarily the best gauge for decision making.

mthoopsfan said:
kemajic said:
That requirement in no way favors Brown.

I disagree. My view is that Brown generally makes good decisions. In particular, not many picks. None this year, in 48 passes. 4 last year in 153 passes. 64.71% completion rate last year.

By comparison: Humphrey had 7 picks in 233 passes last year, and 60.94% Mellott has 4 picks in 109 passes this season. Chambers has 4 picks in 68 passes this season. Of course, those 2 are better runners and better qb's. Johnson has 4 picks in 186 throws this season. (Brown has 4 in 201 throws in 2 seasons. Hope I didn't just jinx him.)

In any event, I believe is a much better qb with more potential, than you give him credit for. Of course, Johnson is the much preferred choice.

I don't know why a former player and big fan would want to criticize and run down his team's backup qb on a public Internet forum, when the team's first team qb is hurt.

Now do yards per attempt and yards per completion.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

2021: 6.6 YPA, 10.4 YPC, 3:4 TD:INT, the YPA is poor, YPC is meh, TD:INT obviously below average. When you consider he’s not a running threat, quite poor really.

2022: 5 YPA, 9.3 YPC. Small sample size, but again, quite bad. Short, easy, passes should result in a high completion percentage. PR is cherry picking the stats that look better here, and not using the context. As many interceptions as TD’s on short passes isn’t a sign of good decision making, imo.

PTGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:

2021: 6.6 YPA, 10.4 YPC, 3:4 TD:INT, the YPA is poor, YPC is meh, TD:INT obviously below average. When you consider he’s not a running threat, quite poor really.

2022: 5 YPA, 9.3 YPC. Small sample size, but again, quite bad. Short, easy, passes should result in a high completion percentage. PR is cherry picking the stats that look better here, and not using the context. As many interceptions as TD’s on short passes isn’t a sign of good decision making, imo.

Brown is a decent runner, is big and has decent speed. Nothing like Johnson or the Cat QB's, tho.

I haven't cherry-picked any stats. Few picks shows few big mistakes. High completion percentage shows fewer mistakes and fewer bd passes. Yards per catch have nothing to do with decision-making. If you want to talk about production or something else, go for it. Just don't accuse me of cherry-picking.

In fact, why don't you show us stats and/or analysis of Brown's bad decision-making?

Note that when your no. qb is hurt, you probably don't want to run your back-up too much.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Why don't you and PDX learn the game of football.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

What? Do I get my Football 101 certificate revoked? Go back and rewatch the last 7 minutes of the game and the OT. Sac put 8-9 guys in the box or within 3 yards of the LOS, DARING him to pass it, and even then he couldn't complete a pass when he had to. Pure MTM coverage by Sac, max protect by our O-line and RB's and TE's and he couldn't get a pass close enough for anybody to get a hand on it even. Started out 0-6. Ended 0-4. That's 0-10 when it counted and the last 4 weren't even close, honestly. He zones in on his receiver before the ball is even snapped, so there's no mystery who he's throwing to....honestly doesn't even MATTER if a receiver gets separation, because if it's not the guy he's looking at pre-snap, they ain't getting the ball anyways. And you can count on that receiver being 3-4 yards downfield, except when you need 8 for a first down, then he throws it 25 yards downfield to a covered receiver he's been staring at the entire time.

Tell you what: He can share the blame 50/50 with Rosenbach. They belong together.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Brown is a decent runner, is big and has decent speed. Nothing like Johnson or the Cat QB's, tho.

I haven't cherry-picked any stats. Few picks shows few big mistakes. High completion percentage shows fewer mistakes and fewer bd passes. Yards per catch have nothing to do with decision-making. If you want to talk about production or something else, go for it. Just don't accuse me of cherry-picking.

In fact, why don't you show us stats and/or analysis of Brown's bad decision-making?

Note that when your no. qb is hurt, you probably don't want to run your back-up too much.

Not necessarily on completion percentage. As an example, completing a high percentage of short throws does not show good decision making. If it’s 3rd and 8 and you complete a 5 yard pass, nobody is going to say that was a good decision.

Having a career 1:1 TD:INT also doesn’t show great decision making. You purposefully (or ignorantly) ignored that. You’ve ignored YPA, and you’ve ignored that completion % without YPA is at best, misleading. If you think those aren’t useful statistics, perhaps you better learn the game. ;)

It’s kind of like how in basketball hitting 33% of your 3’s will get you the same PPS (points per shot) as hitting 50% of your 2’s. Completion % without YPA is missing vital context.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Not necessarily on completion percentage. As an example, completing a high percentage of short throws does not show good decision making. If it’s 3rd and 8 and you complete a 5 yard pass, nobody is going to say that was a good decision.

Having a career 1:1 TD:INT also doesn’t show great decision making. You purposefully (or ignorantly) ignored that. You’ve ignored YPA, and you’ve ignored that completion % without YPA is at best, misleading. If you think those aren’t useful statistics, perhaps you better learn the game. ;)

It’s kind of like how in basketball hitting 33% of your 3’s will get you the same PPS (points per shot) as hitting 50% of your 2’s. Completion % without YPA is missing vital context.

Okay, feel free to show data on your first para, not being good decision making.

Having few picks shows good decision-making. TD's are production, not decision-making.

YPA and YPC are not decision-making. Learn the game.

Your basketball example is production, not decision-making. Learn the game.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

What? Do I get my Football 101 certificate revoked? Go back and rewatch the last 7 minutes of the game and the OT. Sac put 8-9 guys in the box or within 3 yards of the LOS, DARING him to pass it, and even then he couldn't complete a pass when he had to. Pure MTM coverage by Sac, max protect by our O-line and RB's and TE's and he couldn't get a pass close enough for anybody to get a hand on it even. Started out 0-6. Ended 0-4. That's 0-10 when it counted and the last 4 weren't even close, honestly. He zones in on his receiver before the ball is even snapped, so there's no mystery who he's throwing to....honestly doesn't even MATTER if a receiver gets separation, because if it's not the guy he's looking at pre-snap, they ain't getting the ball anyways. And you can count on that receiver being 3-4 yards downfield, except when you need 8 for a first down, then he throws it 25 yards downfield to a covered receiver he's been staring at the entire time.

Tell you what: He can share the blame 50/50 with Rosenbach. They belong together.

Brown had 1 incompletion in the last 7 minutes of the game, a 3d-22, and 3 incompletions in OT.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Brown had 1 incompletion in the last 7 minutes of the game, a 3d-22, and 3 incompletions in OT.

I was just responding to a dumb comment.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

Okay, feel free to show data on your first para, not being good decision making.

Having few picks shows good decision-making. TD's are production, not decision-making.

Consistent good production comes from good decision making. If you don’t have good production, chances are higher that you aren’t making the best decisions.

Side note: it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Consistent good production comes from good decision making. If you don’t have good production, chances are higher that you aren’t making the best decisions.

Side note: it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it.

I disagree with your first para. You are the one who snipes at me, not vice versa. Also, don't say I'm cherry-picking if I'm not. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I'm already tired of you. You are just an ass. Is this your idea of having a discussion. "it is possible to talk football, while disagreeing, without being a condescending ass. I realize that’s your personality, but one might consider changing it." Compare that to me telling you to learn the game.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

:lol: Good luck.

mthoopsfan said:
PTGrizzly said:

If you don't think YPA reflects decision making then I question YOUR Football 101 knowledge. Continually dumping off to pad your "completion" stats is comically inept.

Back