• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why no top notch QB's at UM?

horribilisfan8184 said:
uptopgriz said:
Britt didn't leave because of not starting next year. He was lied to about playing at Weber and the horrible coaching that happened in the QB room. Try to argue that quality coaching was happening with qbs at UM.

You are just full of sh*t. Britt left because Bobby wouldn't name him next year's starter, a classic Gresch move, only Britt had the prior knowledge Bobby doesn't do that. These spoiled prima donnas who are big man in high school and think the keys should be just handed to them, and admittedly don't work hard and take advantage of opportunities in practice, find out quickly who is really in charge. HIs level of immaturity seems obvious to everyone but you. Britt's foolish portal move at the outset to NAU is now looking even more foolish. He may have the talent to be all you speculate he could be, but he wasn't willing to put in the effort to make it happen. We are a better team without him, and I do hope he finds the room and desire at NAU to grow up.

We must have talked to different people or a lot changed after last year's fall camp. Last fall, multiple players and coaches spoke positively of his leadership and work ethic. With experience, he'd become a great qb. Then again, who knows what happened during and after the season.

mtgrizrule said:
horribilisfan8184 said:
You are just full of sh*t. Britt left because Bobby wouldn't name him next year's starter, a classic Gresch move, only Britt had the prior knowledge Bobby doesn't do that. These spoiled prima donnas who are big man in high school and think the keys should be just handed to them, and admittedly don't work hard and take advantage of opportunities in practice, find out quickly who is really in charge. HIs level of immaturity seems obvious to everyone but you. Britt's foolish portal move at the outset to NAU is now looking even more foolish. He may have the talent to be all you speculate he could be, but he wasn't willing to put in the effort to make it happen. We are a better team without him, and I do hope he finds the room and desire at NAU to grow up.

We must have talked to different people or a lot changed after last year's fall camp. Last fall, multiple players and coaches spoke positively of his leadership and work ethic. With experience, he'd become a great qb. Then again, who knows what happened during and after the season.

Nah, this s a classic case of, “didn’t want him anyway, he was a POS” once he leaves the griz. I’ve seen it a thousand times.

poorgriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Nah, this s a classic case of, “didn’t want him anyway, he was a POS” once he leaves the griz. I’ve seen it a thousand times.

And the problem with that is...?

poorgriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I wasn’t excited about him when he was still on the team. Didn’t seem like a team player.

mtgrizrule said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Then why was he so far behind Brown after fall camp?

poorgriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Both wrong and right. After he was named Scout Team POY I had very high hopes for the guy. So did the coaches. Instead of lighting a fire under him, he did not take the addition of Johnson well, and didn't see the point in busting his hump with Johnson starting. Britt threw in the towel when Brown kept pushing on in practice. Effort does get rewarded. That was how the pecking order was set. Once put in late Britt couldn't get it together to be effective. Decided he wasn't going to stick around if the Griz were going to look for a drop down. Found out no such promise would be made and bolted. That's how we got here and that's when I changed my mind.

greasewood said:
How did Eastern get top recruits when we didn't?

EWU has lower academic standards which has allowed them to bring in a few excellent quarterbacks that were non-academic qualifiers. Those qbs could not have enrolled at Montana or Montana State.

go96griz said:
greasewood said:
How did Eastern get top recruits when we didn't?

EWU has lower academic standards which has allowed them to bring in a few excellent quarterbacks that were non-academic qualifiers. Those qbs could not have enrolled at Montana or Montana State.

Which Eastern QBs qualified to enroll at EWU and not UM?

Curious because the acceptance rate at UM is or was in the mid 90 percentile.

SoldierGriz said:
go96griz said:

I only know of shooter, whom was a NCAA non-qualifier. EWU will enroll NCAA non-qualifiers while UM will not.

grizindabox said:
SoldierGriz said:

I only know of shooter, whom was a NCAA non-qualifier. EWU will enroll NCAA non-qualifiers while UM will not.

Ok. Who else? EWU produced a plethora of QBs better the Griz...it's not debatable.

SoldierGriz said:
grizindabox said:

Ok. Who else? EWU produced a plethora of QBs better the Griz...it's not debatable.

Did any of them play while Rosey was there? ;)

SaskGriz said:
indian-outlaw said:
You're a youngster, I remember Rick Worman.
I guy I used to know up here hung out with Worman for a little bit, I think they met at an Am-way conference.
Haha I wish I had a dollar for every Amway conference I was suckered into sitting through.

indian-outlaw said:
SaskGriz said:
I guy I used to know up here hung out with Worman for a little bit, I think they met at an Am-way conference.
Haha I wish I had a dollar for every Amway conference I was suckered into sitting through.

Why on earth would you sit through more then one? Or even why would you even attend one for that matter?

indian-outlaw said:
SaskGriz said:
True Confessions.

kemajic said:
indian-outlaw said:
True Confessions.

What's this Amway you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know. Just don't let me catch a kirby rep on my front step. :lol:

Latest posts

Back