• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will Cherry a Cav

grizzlyjournal said:
I watched the entire Jazz-Cavs game. Not all 1-on-1; Utah had a good variety of offensive schemes, though I was pretty shocked at the lack of flow of Cleveland's offense.

NBA all offense? Beg to differ... Memphis, Phoenix and particularly Golden State are all very, very good defensive teams.

Cleveland lacked flow/continuity on offense and defense. I think they only had 6 assists in that game. That's lousy at any level.

It's being reported that Matthew Dellavedova has a grade II MCL sprain and could miss up to six weeks (17 games). Hopefully Will gets some playing time, and proves he belongs on the floor. Between the Cavs lack of defense, and Kyrie Irving not having a single assist in 34 minutes last game, he could get some time tonight.

Cavs at Nuggets tonight on ESPN, 8:30pm MTN

Once again, opportunity comes knocking for Will. Hopefully he can take full advantage. He has NBA quicks, that's for sure.

will is getting some real breaks here. he's going to get a chance to prove himself, sooner or later. plus the cavs need exactly what he brings to the team: a guy who hustles, plays defense and hands out assists. the great kyrie irving had zero assists against utah. how crazy is that! here's the lineup i'd love to see: cherry, irving at the two, labron, love, varejao. doubt i will though.

citay said:
here's the lineup i'd love to see: cherry, irving at the two, labron, love, varejao. doubt i will though.

you obviously haven't been checking out the fungal growth in the alley this fall. the mu shu pork leftovers in your dumpster will provide any vision you wish. grasshopper.

Cherry gets into his first-ever NBA game with approx. 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter -- Cavs @ Denver, Nov. 7, 2014.

mtgrizrule said:
SWeberCat02 said:
From last night:

B1qGHkDCIAISWqv.jpg

B1qHONPCAAAszft.jpg

Thanks for sharing, class men in Cherry, Tinkle, Lillard, and class fans. :thumb:
Hope you all get to see him play against the Jazz. :thumb:
What, no love for Shawn Stockton or Kurt Paulson?? :D

I was kinda hoping Paulson wouldn't follow tinkle and stay here, that dude seems bright and I loved having him on our sideline.

Yeah, Will got in, unfortunately nothing too big to report. A rebound and almost turned the ball over. Hope he gets some more meaningful time next game.

Will Cherry got his first NBA points (two, on one bucket in 3.43 minutes of playing time) in the CAvaliers 118-111 win over New Orleans tonight.

Will was 1-of-2 from the field (missed on a trey), & got a rebound.

Congrats, Will!

grizzlyjournal said:
Will Cherry got his first NBA points (two, on one bucket in 3.43 minutes of playing time) in the CAvaliers 118-111 win over New Orleans tonight.

Congrats, Will!

Awesome job Will. When will Growler admit he was WRONG about Cherry?

mtgrizrule said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Congrats, Will!

I'd rather he stay where he is now and forgo visiting this board, even if it is just to admit his mistake. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Congrats, Will!

Good question! monte?

AllWeatherFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Congrats, Will!

Good question! monte?

Do we really care? Let's just be happy for Will.

Cherry 3

Near the end of video

http://www.nba.com/games/20141115/ATLCLE/gameinfo.html?ls=slt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw most of Will's 2.5 minutes tonight against the Spurs. Played at end of 3d quarter. Mixed results. Played good D, but made 2 mistakes and gave up 5 points. Tried to help on a drive and then didn't get back to his man quite quickly enough, and the guy drained a 3. Started to fight thru a pick, and his man reversed and went to hoop for a lay-in. Didn't get proper help at the bucket. Otherwise, played good and tight D. Made a great play switching to a wide open post as he was getting the ball. Bodied up to him at about 12 feet, made the post so uncomfortable that he passed the ball. Then boxed/fronted the post underneath by the baseline. Then dove to get a loose ball out of a players hands there were down low grabbing the ball, tried to roll the ball to a teammate but a Spur grabed it and drained a shot. Not Will's fault.

Played fairly cautiously with the ball. Didn't try to do much. One assist. No turnovers.

Stats I saw said he didn't shoot, but I think he drove to hoop and missed a short floater. He almost seemed surprised that he didn't get challenged more.

Cavs made a few mistakes with a minute or so to go, and lost the game. Only 9 Cavs got in game. Will has a different haircut, so I wasn't sure it was him at first.

Back