• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

You Wanna Talk Football???

Duckhunt is right—Brown is better than Cam. Substantially better. Brown has that touch and magic anticipation. Looked natural. Easy. Cam seems inconsistent and tries too hard. Throws too hard. I thought he was going to get picked several times, and his WRs turned into CBs a few times. Most of his big completions took extra effort from the WR, not dimes. My guess is Cam has the edge for now, probably due to leadership, grasp of playbook, and running ability but all of that will run out eventually vs a good D or Brown will catch up, especially if we cannot run the ball.

garizzalies said:
Duckhunt is right—Brown is better than Cam. Substantially better. Brown has that touch and magic anticipation. Looked natural. Easy. Cam seems inconsistent and tries too hard. Throws too hard. I thought he was going to get picked several times, and his WRs turned into CBs a few times. Most of his big completions took extra effort from the WR, not dimes. My guess is Cam has the edge for now, probably due to leadership, grasp of playbook, and running ability but all of that will run out eventually vs a good D or Brown will catch up, especially if we cannot run the ball.

Agreed, ducks definitely knew what he was talking about. I’m team Brown now. I’m just hoping Haucks got it in him to make the move of benching a Sr incumbent starter for the younger more talented Fr.

hunt-ducks said:
Diesel said:
C Brown was better at passing than Humphrey. Humphrey throws better to right than to left and holds on too long waiting for WR to have separation. Brown has better touch on passes.
ST play very solid. Defensive coverage had a few issues, but got turnovers.
Transfer from AZ is slender, but may be a good edge rusher. Good size at CB and they kept containment and had good run support.
Humphrey isn’t progressing, Brown is and should start IMO.

Can't disagree with anything you said.....

...what a miserable day weather wise....colder than I thought it was going to be...but I couldn't agree more with
Brown...I think he owns the future as the QB...he looked relax and posed...if Sulser can stay healthy he's a
gamechanger......lots of talent......encouraging!

grizghost said:
hunt-ducks said:
Can't disagree with anything you said.....

...what a miserable day weather wise....colder than I thought it was going to be...but I couldn't agree more with
Brown...I think he owns the future as the QB...he looked relax and posed...if Sulser can stay healthy he's a

Shhhhhh. "The Club" members are having a zoom conference now trying the salve their wounds and contradict so many posters talking football, who rarely posted in the past. So refreshing. They know who they are, and so do we. Maybe they will get the hint. Doubtful. They think this site is their private forum to lord over the rest of Griz Nation. They have no life other than 14 hours-a-day on egriz. Pathetic, and rather sad.

Let's keep up participating and talking football, and maybe we can revive this board, so many former great posters will return!

hunt-ducks said:
Griz Addict said:
Exactly right, they have a little cult. They rarely even talk about football, mainly just trash talk newer posters. If they don't agree with your opinion, it's wrath. They think only their thoughts are accurate and anyone with a differing opinion is crazy.. Very close minded folk. Would not recommend having a beer with them.

This is there own private social media site. They spend hours and hours on here every day. They never talk football, and they are the exact reasons why so many good football posters have left egriz.

I love it when a dipshit hijacks his own fucking thread.

Nice work, Einstein. :lol: :lol:

hunt-ducks said:
grizghost said:

Shhhhhh. "The Club" members are having a zoom conference now trying the salve their wounds and contradict so many posters talking football, who rarely posted in the past. So refreshing. They know who they are, and so do we. Maybe they will get the hint. Doubtful. They think this site is their private forum to lord over the rest of Griz Nation. They have no life other than 14 hours-a-day on egriz. Pathetic, and rather sad.

Let's keep up participating and talking football, and maybe we can revive this board, so many former great posters will return!

Once again, not a single person stated that Brown couldn't win the starting job and all stated that they wanted the best player. What they did say is CH would be the starter, and guess what, he was.

maroonandsilver said:
Diesel said:
C Brown was better at passing than Humphrey. Humphrey throws better to right than to left and holds on too long waiting for WR to have separation. Brown has better touch on passes.
ST play very solid. Defensive coverage had a few issues, but got turnovers.
Transfer from AZ is slender, but may be a good edge rusher. Good size at CB and they kept containment and had good run support.
Humphrey isn’t progressing, Brown is and should start IMO.

Brown is K Brown. As in Kris.

or Kick-a$$!

AZGrizFan said:
hunt-ducks said:
This is there own private social media site. They spend hours and hours on here every day. They never talk football, and they are the exact reasons why so many good football posters have left egriz.

I love it when a dipshit hijacks his own f###[#] thread.

What is even more hilarious is when a poster knows that many other posters are calling his shit for being a dick wad and ruining a board with his self-righteous condescending B.S. towards other posters.

hunt-ducks said:
AZGrizFan said:
I love it when a dipshit hijacks his own f###[#] thread.

What is even more hilarious is when a poster knows that many other posters are calling his shit for being a dick wad and ruining a board with his self-righteous condescending B.S. towards other posters.

You’re right. They ARE saying that about you. Maybe you should just shut up and talk football? :thumb:

hunt-ducks said:
grizghost said:

643-DD531-DCC3-41-F5-88-FB-FB692-B1-F6-C8-F.jpg

Hear ye, Hear ye

The Royal Council of e-Griz has met and the following decrees have been adopted:

His Royal Highness Prince Brint, Duke of Double Front Chicken, Earl of Reds, Baron of Graphs, and, Royal Knight of Washington Grizzly Stadium has officially proclaimed:

All Mondays to be henceforth called Steve Dill Day. The reason for this change, Mondays have always been the asshole day of the week, what better way to represent them. Along with the first day of the workweek, a ‘Steve Dill’ will continue to officially refer to a wort, dick wort, hemorrhoid, polyp, canker sore, dingleberry, and, anal bleeding, as adopted by prior decree.

Sir Player Rep, Bishop of Stocks, First Lord of Erectile Dysfunction has ordained Cam Humphrey as starting quarterback for the 2021 season. All of e-Grizdom shall henceforth accept this decision and move on with their lowly lives.

By unanimous vote, The e-Griz Royal Council has reappointed Tourist as the Village Idiot.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

They think they're funny.. When in reality they just seem foolish/childish.

After watching a replay of the game, Brown is looking amazing. I feel like he's years ahead of Humphrey already. Humphrey was consistently throwing behind and way over receivers. Would only make 1-2 reads and trying to force it. Brown looks like a natural. Imo he even looks better than Sneed when it comes to throwing the ball. Brown was dropping dimes. I really hope Hauck doesn't start Humphrey just based on it being his last year. Let's look forward and get Brown the playing time he deserves. He's going to be a good one. I haven't been this excited about a Griz QB since JJ.

And the o line is definitely an area of weakness. Couldn't open a whole for their life. And that's against a lower division opponent. Our RBs are going to have to consistently bounce outside to even have a chance. Unfortunately for Ostmo, that's just not his style. He's a bruiser. Xavier is going to be the savior of the running game, just because the O-line's shoddy play. Xavier the Savior! Defense pretty much played lights out. Receiving core is good, made Humphrey look decent. If we didn't have the quality of receivers we have, he would have looked a lot worse than he already did. One good thing about Humphrey though is that he is elusive and can escape the pocket fairly easy. I'd rather have a better passing qb though, which we have in Brown. He's the future of this team.

Ursa Major said:
hunt-ducks said:

Hear ye, Hear ye

The Royal Council of e-Griz has met and the following decrees have been adopted:

His Royal Highness Prince Brint, Duke of Double Front Chicken, Earl of Reds, Baron of Graphs, and, Royal Knight of Washington Grizzly Stadium has officially proclaimed:

All Mondays to be henceforth called Steve Dill Day. The reason for this change, Mondays have always been the asshole day of the week, what better way to represent them. Along with the first day of the workweek, a ‘Steve Dill’ will continue to officially refer to a wort, dick wort, hemorrhoid, polyp, canker sore, dingleberry, and, anal bleeding, as adopted by prior decree.

Sir Player Rep, Bishop of Stocks, First Lord of Erectile Dysfunction has ordained Cam Humphrey as starting quarterback for the 2021 season. All of e-Grizdom shall henceforth accept this decision and move on with their lowly lives.

By unanimous vote, The e-Griz Royal Council has reappointed Tourist as the Village Idiot.

Seriously?? Nobody wants to comment on this gem? :clap: :thumb:

Yukon said:
Seriously?? Nobody wants to comment on this gem? :clap: :thumb:

I was gonna nominate Ursa’s post for POTY, but I wanted to make fun of Growler’s 7 alter-egos first, and just ran out of time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ursa Major said:

Hear ye, Hear ye

Very solid post.

Getting too high on any player after yesterday is premature. CWU is a good team, but let's not kid ourselves. Next week should be a much better measuring stick to see who will (presumably) start fall camp as the number one QB. What if the day was reversed? What if Humphry looked great and Brown looked rusty? Would we treat them the same? Probably not.

I watched the game and it wasn't hard to see who had the better day at QB. But that is just one day after many days without competition against a different team. One day after over a year of just practice. One game does not make a starter, and I believe the coaches know that. Prognosticating that the QB position is one or the other right now is premature and unnecessary. We have 4.5 months before the real season starts. A lot can change in that time.

MTGRZ said:
Getting too high on any player after yesterday is premature. CWU is a good team, but let's not kid ourselves. Next week should be a much better measuring stick to see who will (presumably) start fall camp as the number one QB. What if the day was reversed? What if Humphry looked great and Brown looked rusty? Would we treat them the same? Probably not.

I watched the game and it wasn't hard to see who had the better day at QB. But that is just one day after many days without competition against a different team. One day after over a year of just practice. One game does not make a starter, and I believe the coaches know that. Prognosticating that the QB position is one or the other right now is premature and unnecessary. We have 4.5 months before the real season starts. A lot can change in that time.
:clap: :clap:

Griz Addict said:
And the o line is definitely an area of weakness. Couldn't open a whole for their life. And that's against a lower division opponent. Our RBs are going to have to consistently bounce outside to even have a chance. Unfortunately for Ostmo, that's just not his style. He's a bruiser. Xavier is going to be the savior of the running game, just because the O-line's shoddy play. Xavier the Savior! Defense pretty much played lights out. Receiving core is good, made Humphrey look decent. If we didn't have the quality of receivers we have, he would have looked a lot worse than he already did. One good thing about Humphrey though is that he is elusive and can escape the pocket fairly easy. I'd rather have a better passing qb though, which we have in Brown. He's the future of this team.

I agree about Xavier, but not Ostmo. Not enough weight and size to be a real bruiser. He did not impress and was tackled readily by CWU defenders. I don’t think he is the thunder or the lightning. Hauck better find another back and fast. I also worry about Xavier’s size. He needs 15 to 20 pounds. Going to get banged up during a regular BSC season. He is the smallest Griz back I can ever remember. Even the Nguyen boys had some weight on them for their size. Praying for a drop down to compliment Xavier.

Here's my observations from 3 rows behind the Griz bench. Some same; some different.

1) The wind messed with many passes both sides. Cam missed some, but overall looked good. 3 TD passes.
2) Our running game without Knight sucks. Ostmo looks slow; unable to make tacklers miss. He seems to be a better receiver than rusher. Drew Turner must be banged up.
3) Cam was our best rusher. He’s quick; makes quick decisions.
4) Our receivers are out of this world. They caught many of those wind bent passes. Akem and Sulser look very healthy.
5) Our special teams are also out of this world. New kickers, returns. Sulser and Flowers in top form. We must have a good ST coach….
6) We got almost no pressure on their QBs. Again.
7) A lot of really good pursuit and hitting by the defense. Fast and deliver blows; we were where we could hear. Tough to run against.
8) Harris made a huge difference when replacing Ostmo, quick, moves to escape tackles. Looks like he could break it at any time. Willie Jones tiny and Willie Jones athleticism.
9) Team is well coached and prepared; they were not sloppy in their first outing in a year and a half.
10) OL big and deep, but seemingly better equipped to pass block than to run block.
11) Lots of impressive young players. No one is hiding. Staff is doing a hell of a job. Great unity; these kids like one another and have fun at the game.
12) As hyped, Kris Brown is the real deal, running, throwing, handling the offense. Position in good hands if he stays.

I saw a player in sweats on the sidelines that may have been Knight. Walking OK, no evidence of big stuff on a knee or walking aids. Maybe just a sprain…. The only thing BH has said is that he’s “banged up.” Having him at 100% critical to this fall in my mind. Little Harris could never weather a full year and after him we suck.

Back