• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

You Wanna Talk Football???

kemajic said:
Here's my observations from 3 rows behind the Griz bench. Some same; some different.

1) The wind messed with many passes both sides. Cam missed some, but overall looked good. 3 TD passes.
2) Our running game without Knight sucks. Ostmo looks slow; unable to make tacklers miss. He seems to be a better receiver than rusher. Drew Turner must be banged up.
3) Cam was our best rusher. He’s quick; makes quick decisions.
4) Our receivers are out of this world. They caught many of those wind bent passes. Akem and Sulser look very healthy.
5) Our special teams are also out of this world. New kickers, returns. Sulser and Flowers in top form. We must have a good ST coach….
6) We got almost no pressure on their QBs. Again.
7) A lot of really good pursuit and hitting by the defense. Fast and deliver blows; we were where we could hear. Tough to run against.
8) Harris made a huge difference when replacing Ostmo, quick, moves to escape tackles. Looks like he could break it at any time. Willie Jones tiny and Willie Jones athleticism.
9) Team is well coached and prepared; they were not sloppy in their first outing in a year and a half.
10) OL big and deep, but seemingly better equipped to pass block than to run block.
11) Lots of impressive young players. No one is hiding. Staff is doing a hell of a job. Great unity; these kids like one another and have fun at the game.
12) As hyped, Chris Brown is the real deal, running, throwing, handling the offense. Position in good hands if he stays.

I saw a player in sweats on the sidelines that may have been Knight. Walking OK, no evidence of big stuff on a knee or walking aids. Maybe just a sprain…. The only thing BH has said is that he’s “banged up.” Having him at 100% critical to this fall in my mind. Little Harris could never weather a full year and after him we suck.

#6 may be the greatest concern. I don’t see this defensive scheme being effective against good run teams, nor against good passing teams. Clearly they are going for speed. Great, but once again the pressure on the safeties is ridiculous. Candidly, I don’t love it. Bozo clowns pushed the Griz around last time. To get to a natty - it will take a very good defense. The secondary is vastly improved. I hope the defensive line is, but I would like to see more size

kemajic said:
Here's my observations from 3 rows behind the Griz bench. Some same; some different.

1) The wind messed with many passes both sides. Cam missed some, but overall looked good. 3 TD passes.
2) Our running game without Knight sucks. Ostmo looks slow; unable to make tacklers miss. He seems to be a better receiver than rusher. Drew Turner must be banged up.
4) Our receivers are out of this world. They caught many of those wind bent passes. Akem and Sulser look very healthy.
5) Our special teams are also out of this world. New kickers, returns. Sulser and Flowers in top form. We must have a good ST coach….
7) A lot of really good pursuit and hitting by the defense. Fast and deliver blows; we were where we could hear. Tough to run against.
8) Harris made a huge difference when replacing Ostmo, quick, moves to escape tackles. Looks like he could break it at any time. Willie Jones tiny and Willie Jones athleticism.
9) Team is well coached and prepared; they were not sloppy in their first outing in a year and a half.
10) OL big and deep, but seemingly better equipped to pass block than to run block.
11) Lots of impressive young players. No one is hiding. Staff is doing a hell of a job. Great unity; these kids like one another and have fun at the game.
12) As hyped, Chris Brown is the real deal, running, throwing, handling the offense. Position in good hands if he stays.

I saw a player in sweats on the sidelines that may have been Knight. Walking OK, no evidence of big stuff on a knee or walking aids. Maybe just a sprain…. The only thing BH has said is that he’s “banged up.” Having him at 100% critical to this fall in my mind. Little Harris could never weather a full year and after him we suck.

Thanks for those observations, you were more kind about Cam than I was. I didn’t see much progression since he played at Portland State. Still seems to be one read and run. Could be due to rust, this week coming up will give him a chance to shine he played well against PSU two years ago.
Careful on the spelling of Kris Brown, some on the board are sensitive to it. Just remember kick ass Brown. I would like to see him start a game to see how he handles it. The comment about if he stays...should motivate coaches to go with the best QB. A young talent won’t be content to warm the bench as they may have in the past.

hunt-ducks said:
Griz Addict said:
Exactly right, they have a little cult. They rarely even talk about football, mainly just trash talk newer posters. If they don't agree with your opinion, it's wrath. They think only their thoughts are accurate and anyone with a differing opinion is crazy.. Very close minded folk. Would not recommend having a beer with them.

This is there own private social media site. They spend hours and hours on here every day. They never talk football, and they are the exact reasons why so many good football posters have left egriz.

Who are the good posters who left, as opposed to being kicked off?

garizzalies said:
Duckhunt is right—Brown is better than Cam. Substantially better. Brown has that touch and magic anticipation. Looked natural. Easy. Cam seems inconsistent and tries too hard. Throws too hard. I thought he was going to get picked several times, and his WRs turned into CBs a few times. Most of his big completions took extra effort from the WR, not dimes. My guess is Cam has the edge for now, probably due to leadership, grasp of playbook, and running ability but all of that will run out eventually vs a good D or Brown will catch up, especially if we cannot run the ball.

Nope.

Griz Addict said:
They think they're funny.. When in reality they just seem foolish/childish.

After watching a replay of the game, Brown is looking amazing. I feel like he's years ahead of Humphrey already. Humphrey was consistently throwing behind and way over receivers. Would only make 1-2 reads and trying to force it. Brown looks like a natural. Imo he even looks better than Sneed when it comes to throwing the ball. Brown was dropping dimes. I really hope Hauck doesn't start Humphrey just based on it being his last year. Let's look forward and get Brown the playing time he deserves. He's going to be a good one. I haven't been this excited about a Griz QB since JJ.

You know what I think is foolish and childish?

Someone who watches ONE spring game and thinks he can predict the starting lineup 5 months before the first football game. You must know a lot more than the coaching staff.

Another thing that I think that is foolish and childish is being whipsawed by Steve Dill into a phony argument. This happens EVERY spring, dipshit goes to one practice, creates a new e-Griz persona, and throws out inflammatory and false information to garner attention. It’s usually the opposite of what other posters, especially PR, are saying.

Say what you will about PR but the guy goes to a lot of practices, has an eye for talent and has a good understanding of college football. He is far and away a much more sound resource for Griz personnel than Steve Dill. This is based on years of observations and reading many of their posts.

By all means, please continue to volunteer ignorance off of our 1 game of exposure to this Griz squad and never mind the rest of spring ball, the summer ahead and fall camp.

As Helena pointed out, this is not a controversy. Steve Dill just wants the attention you’re giving him. It saves him the time of creating new fake accounts to do the same.

After a few days to ponder who is better, it's quite nice to argue on who is better of 2 QB's on this team. Depth.

Yukon said:
After a few days to ponder who is better, it's quite nice to argue on who is better of 2 QB's on this team. Depth.
Much, much more data is required to make a realistic argument. Fortunately, coaches know this; several on eGriz don't.

Brown threw a couple of very accurate passes while rolling out of the pocket and not being able to set his feet. You have to appreciate that skill.

What I saw Saturday was Cam being to quick to want to run. I do not think he will last very long because of his physical build. Kris Brown just looks the part so much more. He looks so much more physical. (I know looks are deceiving) His passes were straight trajectory to his receiver. Overall his passes looked flawless. Cam threw some good balls as well. I am very happy we have this issue for QB now. I believe we are in good hands no which one starts!

reinell30 said:
What I saw Saturday was Cam being to quick to want to run. I do not think he will last very long because of his physical build. Kris Brown just looks the part so much more. He looks so much more physical. (I know looks are deceiving) His passes were straight trajectory to his receiver. Overall his passes looked flawless. Cam threw some good balls as well. I am very happy we have this issue for QB now. I believe we are in good hands no which one starts!

My take, Cam missed open guys on multiple occasions, just seemed to really struggled with his reads and progressions. Brown, on his limited opportunities, did a very good job with his progressions and found wide open guys. Now we wait and see how it plays out against PSU.

GRIZ PHAN said:
Brown threw a couple of very accurate passes while rolling out of the pocket and not being able to set his feet. You have to appreciate that skill.

Brown looked good. But virtually every completion was to a wide open receiver.

I find that almost every poster who talks about progressions doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. Just my experience. If 24 or grizrule or rico, or others who have been coaches, refer to progressions, which they rarely do, I pay more attention. I don't know whether Humpphrey left the pocket too soon at times, but he ran very well when he did.

Copper Griz said:
kemajic said:

#6 may be the greatest concern. I don’t see this defensive scheme being effective against good run teams, nor against good passing teams. Clearly they are going for speed. Great, but once again the pressure on the safeties is ridiculous. Candidly, I don’t love it. Bozo clowns pushed the Griz around last time. To get to a natty - it will take a very good defense. The secondary is vastly improved. I hope the defensive line is, but I would like to see more size

The defensive line was a little concerning. However Gubner was just moved back to DT and will take some adjusting. Alford also didn't play most of the game. Got banged up early in the first quarter and never returned. More reps and some health should solidify that d-line at least a little.

PlayerRep said:
GRIZ PHAN said:

I find that almost every poster who talks about progressions doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. Just my experience. If 24 or grizrule or rico, or others who have been coaches, refer to progressions, which they rarely do, I pay more attention. I don't know whether Humpphrey left the pocket too soon at times, but he ran very well when he did.

I was impressed with both of them actually. Cam had a couple balls that just came weird out of his hand but other than that he played well. The weather was really tough and was changing every 15 minutes. When Cam ran it was the right thing to do in each case. They were playing man and doubling our receivers and everyone was ran off. Brown passes the eye test for sure..big, athletic, calm and throws a nice ball. And everything I hear about him is that he is just an awesome kid. Not sure why people are calling for Cam to be replaced at this point with one Spring game left. He was a loyal team guy as a back up and proved his value in games he played. Play them both this week and then make decision in the Fall. We all know how important it has been over the years to have two solid QB's.

PlayerRep said:
GRIZ PHAN said:

:lol: :lol:

Funny how, when you go through your progressions, your completions are to wide open receivers. Coincidence? I think not...

Ursa Major said:
hunt-ducks said:
Shhhhhh. "The Club" members are having a zoom conference now trying the salve their wounds and contradict so many posters talking football, who rarely posted in the past. So refreshing. They know who they are, and so do we. Maybe they will get the hint. Doubtful. They think this site is their private forum to lord over the rest of Griz Nation. They have no life other than 14 hours-a-day on egriz. Pathetic, and rather sad.

Let's keep up participating and talking football, and maybe we can revive this board, so many former great posters will return!

643-DD531-DCC3-41-F5-88-FB-FB692-B1-F6-C8-F.jpg

Hear ye, Hear ye

The Royal Council of e-Griz has met and the following decrees have been adopted:

His Royal Highness Prince Brint, Duke of Double Front Chicken, Earl of Reds, Baron of Graphs, and, Royal Knight of Washington Grizzly Stadium has officially proclaimed:

All Mondays to be henceforth called Steve Dill Day. The reason for this change, Mondays have always been the asshole day of the week, what better way to represent them. Along with the first day of the workweek, a ‘Steve Dill’ will continue to officially refer to a wort, dick wort, hemorrhoid, polyp, canker sore, dingleberry, and, anal bleeding, as adopted by prior decree.

Sir Player Rep, Bishop of Stocks, First Lord of Erectile Dysfunction has ordained Cam Humphrey as starting quarterback for the 2021 season. All of e-Grizdom shall henceforth accept this decision and move on with their lowly lives.

By unanimous vote, The e-Griz Royal Council has reappointed Tourist as the Village Idiot.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

POTY.

And it won't be topped.

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

I was impressed with both of them actually. Cam had a couple balls that just came weird out of his hand but other than that he played well. The weather was really tough and was changing every 15 minutes. When Cam ran it was the right thing to do in each case. They were playing man and doubling our receivers and everyone was ran off. Brown passes the eye test for sure..big, athletic, calm and throws a nice ball. And everything I hear about him is that he is just an awesome kid. Not sure why people are calling for Cam to be replaced at this point with one Spring game left. He was a loyal team guy as a back up and proved his value in games he played. Play them both this week and then make decision in the Fall. We all know how important it has been over the years to have two solid QB's.
++++

PR, an honest question because I wasn't able to watch most of the game. Were the receivers more open for Kris than they were for Cam and if so, why?

UncleRico said:
PlayerRep said:

Amen! Sometimes 3 good ones come in handy!

griz98 said:
PR, an honest question because I wasn't able to watch most of the game. Were the receivers more open for Kris than they were for Cam and if so, why?

Was it the receivers were more open or he found the more open receivers?

the good - what sunny wrote, plus that humphrey showed he can run pretty well. so defenses have to respect that, opening up the passing game a bit. the snow, then sun, then snow made it seem a bit like a fall game.

the bad - the opponent was d2 and with a coach who started in february of 2019, so he's only really had one season of in-game coaching the team. that makes it really hard to gauge the quality of the opponent. the um defense didn't have any sacks. the starting rb looked slow to get to any openings by the o-line, which really weren't that many, anyways. also, cwa was apparently without their best player, the rb who entered the transfer portal the day of the game. having said that, they had a guy who made something like 18 tackles, so maybe he's really the best player.

Back