• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

'Zona

Spoke too soon... some poor choices by Griz, and Arizona making good ones to go up 64-56 with 2:30 to go

AZ made their free throws down the stretch after a horrible percentage all game long to close out the game and win 70 - 64. Great show by the Griz. On to a new year and conference play.

Man would I like to go back and have a do-over at SUU right about now. This is a completely different team.

Great showing by the Griz. Poised, collected, confident....and young. Welcome to Griz Nation Beasley....what a stud! Arizona was favored by 13.5 and the Griz gave them a hell of a scare. This team is going to be tough to beat every night.

Good night for beasley nice to see his quickness and confident shooting on display. You can see
Why we won alot of ballgames at dublin high with Him and falls. The griz played tough on both ends of the floor tonight definitely a game
To build on for them heading back into conference play.

:thumb:
Coachnelson said:
Good night for beasley nice to see his quickness and confident shooting on display. You can see
Why we won alot of ballgames at dublin high with Him and falls. The griz played tough on both ends of the floor tonight definitely a game
:thumb:

Great game but turnovers and fouls rear its ugly head and cost the Griz a possible huge win. Playing well going into the conference games. Cut down fouls and turnovers and we will be there.

Great effort but ran out of steam down the stretch. Way too many turnovers and then Steadman fouls out which leaves nobody down low to get the job done defensively. That one possession where Arizona got like 5 offensive rebounds in a row may have been the difference from a momentum standpoint.

Interesting comment by the Arizona announcers, “we’ve seen Eastern Washington and UTEP at home. Montana is way better than either of those teams”. 👌

AZGrizFan said:
Man would I like to go back and have a do-over at SUU right about now. This is a completely different team.

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Keep improving like the last couple weeks this is the team to beat come March. .I was fantasizing about a 12 seed in the first half .... :lol: .

Griz til I die said:
Great effort but ran out of steam down the stretch. Way too many turnovers and then Steadman fouls out which leaves nobody down low to get the job done defensively. That one possession where Arizona got like 5 offensive rebounds in a row may have been the difference from a momentum standpoint.

Steadman was a beast on the boards in the first half and then got a couple cheapies that hurt . He had a bit of a rough go on O as did Whitney and DJ is rusty too. These guys haven't played much ball together yet, but they are getting better every time out. March could be interesting.

Coachnelson said:

That move on our last possession in the first half was a WHOA moment. He's the real deal.

WaGriz4life said:
Robby Beasley is our most talented player

I mean as far as some elite tools that can work against any competition it looks like. Need to see more of his shooting stroke do decide on that. Whitney had a bit of sub par night tonight. Parker looks like he weighs 125lbs and I think a lot of his passes lack some anticipation and dont really move the offense forward, but dang he is really good at getting to the hole in a under control way without needing blow by speed AND then finishes, best driver so far I would say. Vasquez is coming into that sniper role as people hoped easily the best shooters touch and quick release. Kinda crazy but I'm not sure if we are going to miss Gaskins or Satterwhite at all. Owens still has a lot of room to grow but has become a team leader, and DCH is still waiting to break out pretty stiff shooter, but he might have the most potential to develop into a guy like Pridgett...3 nice blocks tonight...he just needs to not find himself in 3 football collisions per night lol. Bannon needs too find his shot he is still very much a Frosh and has a low floor at times, but also get a lot of work done, kinda like an RB who goes for 50ydrs Rushing and 50yrds Receiving he produces in a lot of different areas. I would like to see Anderson get a little more run, he had some really strong games last year.

info said:
Interesting comment by the Arizona announcers, “we’ve seen Eastern Washington and UTEP at home. Montana is way better than either of those teams”. 👌

I think he said clearly better, but still it was a good compliment from announcers who arent prone to making any strong statements

Back