• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

'Zona

I really can't stand moral victories just because the Griz have been in so many of these games where they belong but just can't eke it out. However, last night was a really fun game to watch. This team has really transformed over the last 4 games and their roles look more defined. The coaches must have really emphasized rebounds because the whole team looks locked in on boards and Steadman especially looks to get a body on someone after every shot. There are still some sniping looks with Steadman and Parker that I don't really like in regards to chemistry. Aside from that, I love how Parker looks to get in the lane and draw contact, I think that was important towards the end of the game last night when they were in the bonus. He does need to figure out a plan, though, if he's going to do it because more than once there just wasn't anyone around to dump the ball to. Beasley is a stud. He seems to have the whole package, especially considering the injury he's coming off of. He's smooth and has a funky shot that always looks good. His drive near the end of the game where he went to the left but somehow flipped it up and under on the right side was amazing. Really looking forward to watching this team bloom all season. I'm much more optimistic now and hope we get a shot at SUU in the tournament come march.

...if this team is as good as they seem to be...
...some how some way somebody find a way...
...hold on to this coach/recruiter incredible asset...

... :cool: ...

Arizona is a proud program, rich in tradition, great athletes past and present. A loss to Montana on their home court was not going to happen, and our team should have known their intensity in the second half was going to be fierce, as it was. In the end, they made up 13 points in the second half, exactly matching the pre-game odds. I don't think our kids matched their intensity in the second half, as witness so many sloppy, lazy turnovers.

And yet--we were in it almost to the end. When Owens converted both throws on the Flagrant One, I thought we had a great chance. But down the stretch, the three's we got at Washington didn't drop for us this time. So be it.

Before the game I thought that to have any chance, one of our kids would have to play over his head, and one did--Robbie Beasely. Or did he? Maybe he's just that damned good! In any case, a revelation for sure.

Funny thing is, if you'd asked me to evaluate our incoming freshman class before the season began, the one guy I'd have been most excited about is Hunter Clarke. He played a year of high school ball in America to great reviews before moving back to Australia. I still suspect he's going to have an impact on this program.

But little could I have guessed the impact Whitney, Bannan and Beasely have already had. Wow! What a class.

One final note: Josh Vazquez. He too caught the eye of the Arizona announcers. Not only is he smooth and clutch, he's giving us some serious rebounding from the guard line. Yet another emerging star in outstanding back-to-back recruiting classes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9k1Q-Yve80
For those who didn’t see it. Beasley was finishing amongst the trees against a team with one of the highest blocked shots rates in the nation.

The sky is the limit for these Griz. Will be fun to watch the players progress, especially the freshman class. I had high hopes and expectations for Whitney and Beasley, but Bannan may be the biggest surprise.

Having watched the two Griz losses to SU which the Griz probably should have won - at least one of them - I questioned in my own mind whether TD was as good of a coach as I thought he was. Based on the recent games against PAC 12 teams it is clear that he doesn’t take a back seat to any of his predecessors. This young team could really do something and it will be exciting to watch.

It's nice to see the team improving, almost game to game. Lots of talent and young talent. Nice to see the guys who were missing early, coming on board. The team has some younger guys with nice confidence, who will eventually have huge confidence.

I like how they hustle, scrap and fight all game. I like the hard-working defense, even though there have been lots of mistakes. Getting to be fewer mistakes.

Rebounding was much improved in last game. They need to improve it. And keep the opponetns off the O boards. I think they can and will.

The AZ game showed that they have talent, aren't iniimidated, and are going to grow and improve. Hopefully, fairly fast.

I'm guessing there is a good coach behind all this.

Back