• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gerald Kemp

mtgrizrule

I just got an email with about 19 minutes of Kemp highlights. Not only is this kid athletic, but plays tough and smart. I am pulling for the GRIZ to start him in 09. He will bring athleticism and playmaking ability never seen before at Montana. By the way, for those that think he is a bad passer, he has a strong arm, and capable of making all the throws, and has good touch too.

I was impressed by the recruiting video, and sold then. After seeing more highlights, for me, the only QB I want to see as starter is Kemp. If the GRIZ should choose to not start him, fine. With that said though, I hope we find ways to get him on the field, no matter the position. This kid is many big plays waiting to happen.

I am not going to post the highlights now, but will give the person sending me the highlights a chance to post them. I hope you can see them soon.

The scary part is Kemp who already has decent size at 6'3" 210 lbs is getting bigger, faster, stronger. I would have to disagree with some posters who say the Griz are weak at QB. IMO with Selle, Larson, Kemp, and Zapata the Griz are loaded with talent at QB.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtKsGSMg20[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYjKkzLiUuk[/youtube]

most impressive is the nickname. ya gotta have a nickname! by your nickname shall ye be known--"g- money."

i haven't seen highlights like these since, well, trumaine johnson's qb highlights from his senior year in high school. so let's make g-money a safety. i think the board will fully support me on this.

Did anyone notice that Kemp gets those passes off with very little pass protection? There is no doubt that he will cause a lot of defensive heartburn. We have a solid core of good safeties - I say keep him on offense. He's going to be a super player!

62GRIZ said:
Did anyone notice that Kemp gets those passes off with very little pass protection? There is no doubt that he will cause a lot of defensive heartburn. We have a solid core of good safeties - I say keep him on offense. He's going to be a super player!

If they were going to move him to a different position I would think that they would have done that by now.

I also noticed the protection he had passing. He should fit in real well with the way we've been pass blocking the past few year! :D

I also liked that once he started running, he was still looking to throw. Nice to see that.

Pretty easy to see why Bobby and crew wanted G-Money as a Griz, his ability to read the defense on those option run plays is great. Excellent speed, and really a lot of those deep passes that were dropped were accurate passes!

Great diving TD, and I like how he plays tough, seemed like in the 1st clip there's a pretty strong rivalry with the team in white with red helmets.

I'm excited to see what Kemp, Selle, & Larson are going to do this spring, which I think is about 40ish days away!

G-Money in 09!!

The kid has insane talent, and I can't wait to see him on the field next year. Hopefully at QB, but no matter what Gerald Kemp will be getting plenty of snaps next year. :D

I've watched the old Youtube vid (the one that's been up all year that is 4 or 5 minutes long) probably 10 times. This is the first time I've seen the "new" tapes. Kemp is a fu(king human highlight reel. He has 25 minutes of SportsCenter worthy highlights THAT WE KNOW ABOUT.

Does it feel to anyone else that Bobby is keeping this guy under wraps? You would think that at this point he would be the most hyped recruit we have ever had. We all know that Hauck keeps his player's status and his plays close to the vest.

If he plays half as well as his highlights indicate he would be the league offensive MVP and a bonafide Payton candy.

Bob does love the wishbone, Moore and Nguyen along with Kemp could cause absolute chaos in the Big Sky.

Let's get back to 50 point wins. It's about time, Bobby.

djollieballs said:

Does it feel to anyone else that Bobby is keeping this guy under wraps? You would think that at this point he would be the most hyped recruit we have ever had. We all know that Hauck keeps his player's status and his plays close to the vest.

I'll bet if you ask a fan of any other Big Sky team they'll say all of our recruits are the most hyped :lol:

Joking aside, I don't think Bobby has been keeping him under wraps, G-Money is going to be a RS Frosh this coming year - he was scout team QB this last year. Kemp's just getting better and I think he'll be making an impact on this team real quickly.

I also think back to the JMU win, I'll bet Kemp did a ton in helping out D prepare for Rodney Landers, don't you guys think?

- Additional thought: Last year we heard a lot of the coaches and people "in the know" get real excited about Kemp, but then the average fan just looked at his stat line and a 60-second highlight reel and tuned him out. The old video was from his junior year, these new ones are senior year - I'll bet if these videos came out when he was recruited he'd have gotten more initial hype.

I am just glad that BH went after him. I am even happier that Kemp chose the GRIZ. I can see it now. If Kemp wastes away on the bench this year, what kind of bitching there will be on EGRIZ. I for one will be very disappointed if I do not see this kid on the field one way or the other.

Watching this guy in these clips for some reason made me think of Tim Tebow, the kid looks and plays and runs just like him in so many aspects! Definetly a bright future for the Griz, however i think the advantage for the starting nod is going to be Selle. This is another great kid at QB and has played in a few games already but then again it all up in the air.

UTGrizFan said:
Watching this guy in these clips for some reason made me think of Tim Tebow, the kid looks and plays and runs just like him in so many aspects! Definetly a bright future for the Griz, however i think the advantage for the starting nod is going to be Selle. This is another great kid at QB and has played in a few games already but then again it all up in the air.

Selle, Larson, etc have star potential. Kemp has the "IT" and athleticism that in my opinion has Superstar potential. Either is good, but superstars make things easier for their team.

I think one very good gage of a person's pure athleticism is their abilities on the basketball court when it is not in structured setting. It is especially telling for quarterback and his ability to see things and improvise.

That being said, Kemp is an amazing basketball player and a phenomenal athlete. I have hooped with him about a half dozen times since the season got over and he is unbelievably athletic, skilled, has great court vision, is quick, fast, strong, can shoot, all of the above. He is honestly a better ball player than almost anyone I have hooped with at the U and that includes football players with great basketball backgrounds like Tyler Hobbs and Trumaine Johnson as well as almost every varsity Griz basketball player. I honestly think he would be probably the 11th best player on the mens basketball team.

Athlete, stud. Still though, Selle in 2009

Dude can play some good basketball too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLwC-Ez4CiU[/youtube]

I believe Selle will start, but Kemp will get alot of reps. Larson will move to reciever full time.

Larson definately will be at WR after watching that stuff. I could see Kemp and Selle splitting time with Kemp running the ball a bit more. All the highlights are ridiculous, but the 2nd video from the 6:00 mark on are just incredible. And the block party from the basketball highlight is very nice.

griz5700 said:
G-Money in 09!!

The kid has insane talent, and I can't wait to see him on the field next year. Hopefully at QB, but no matter what Gerald Kemp will be getting plenty of snaps next year. :D

One more thing...........until he actually scores a touchdown for the Griz.........I'm going to call him Gerald. ;) :roll:

hoopmaster - you are correct the Griz are loaded at QB :!: :!: :!: Selle, Larson, Kemp and Zapata all bring talent to the field. No sugar-coating AT ALL.

Kemp is ultra elusive. He was proven to be harder to tackle than nailing jello to the wall. Unreal elusiveness in the pocket and open field, great/strong and accurate arm, and a superior tough guy nasty attitude while carrying the ball--great competitor.

My favorite play (how could anyone seriously pick just one) of his was in your first video above, at the 2:30 mark where he broke two tackles (while stiff-arming one defender to the ground in the back-field), ran downfield and dove from the 4 yard line over/threw another two defenders into the endzone for a true highlight film touchdown.

loyalgriz said:
griz5700 said:
G-Money in 09!!

One more thing...........until he actually scores a touchdown for the Griz.........I'm going to call him Gerald. ;) :roll:

True. Lets not get a head of ourselves.. That nickname is funny/rediculous...

Back