• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predictions for 2009 BSC Football

Which 4 teams will finish on top of the Big Sky Conference?

• Eastern Washington University - Eagles

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Idaho State University - Bengals

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Montana State University - Bobcats

Votes: 105 64.8%
  • Portland State University - Vikings

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • Sacramento State University - Hornets

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • The University of Montana - Grizzlies

Votes: 154 95.1%
  • University of Northern Arizona - Lumberjacks

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • University of Northern Colorado - Bears

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Weber State University - Wildcats

Votes: 141 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheBud

Why 4? After the top 2, the remaining votes should give a idea of where the rest might fall as they are dispersed among the other teams.

You have until the morning of the opening game to change your votes...

It is way too slow on eGriz lately.

It is time to pony up predictions for next season. Pick up to the 4 top teams in the poll above. This should give some consensus on which teams might be 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Expected are obvious biases to the #1 team on here.

Here are my predictions:

- Montana
- Weber
- Montana State
- Northern Arizona
- Northern Colorado
- Sac State
- Portland State
- Idaho State
- Eastern Washington

Other than Montana, Weber, and Montana State; I don't see any real contenders after that. The leader of the bottom 6 is a toss-up, IMHO.

Predictions?

I think the "locks" are UM & Weber, probably MSU as well. I would've picked EWU before all of these sanctions came down. The 4th team was a toss-up between PSU, NAU, and CSUS. Sac could surprise, however they've had the tendancy to fall flat with returning talent, PSU I think is still building, but they'll be better than last year, NAU has a lot of talent returning and their D should be stout but who will be QB?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Montana
Weber
EWU
Montana St.
NAU
Portland St.
SacSt
ISU
UNC

EWU weathers the storm; bless them; the Bobcats still can't find a QB.

1. Montana
2. Weber
3. MSU
4. PSU
5. EWU
6. NAU
7. UNC
8. SAC
9. ISU

I Think Montana and Weber are the two dominate teams, MSU might be a little high at 3 considering their QB situation, who are they thinking will be their starter? Until SAC proves they can win with their "top rated" recuiting classes we hear about they deserve to be near the bottom.

Montana
Weber State
Eastern Washington
Montana State
Sac. State
Northern Arizona
Portland State
Northern Colorado
Idaho State

Re/MaxGriz said:
I think the "locks" are UM & Weber, probably MSU as well. I would've picked EWU before all of these sanctions came down. The 4th team was a toss-up between PSU, NAU, and CSUS. Sac could surprise, however they've had the tendancy to fall flat with returning talent, PSU I think is still building, but they'll be better than last year, NAU has a lot of talent returning and their D should be stout but who will be QB?

Michael Herrick. He started a couple of games last year. Transfer from Ole Miss. Almost won job last spring (and really should have). Will be a junior.

Montana
Weber State
Sac. State
Eastern Washington
Northern Arizona
Portland State
Northern Colorado
Idaho State
Montana State kittens

1. Montana 2.Weber State 3. Sac State 4. Northern Colorado 5. Eastern Washington 6. Northern Arizona 7. Portland State 8. Idaho State 9. Montana State

I agree that Northern Colorado and Sac State will be vastly improved next year. Northern Colorado had a lot of close loses last year (they almost beat Texas State a playoff team) with some upper classmen coming back those close loses could be wins next year. They also have the cats at home next year-no joking aside they should have beaten MSU last year too. Sac State had the best recruiting class of any FCS school this year according to previous posts on this site. They were pretty darn good last year (Griz blew them out) I think they could make some noise this year. I would love to see dumb Ash and the cats finish dead last but even they will probably beat Idaho State.

1. Griz
2. Wildcats
3. Bobcats
4. Lumberjacks
5. Hornets
6. Bears
7. Vikings
8. Bengals
9. Eagles

kemajic said:
TheBud said:
I think that UNC is going to surprise many this season and actually win several games.
So who are the several they are going to beat?

I think that they will beat Idaho State, Sac State, and Portland State, plus 1-2 of the following depending on how seriously these teams take them:
- Eastern Washington (possible)
- Montana State (unlikely)
- Northern Arizona (possible)

Certainly, it is speculation on my part.

we're a lock. the poll should be for 2, 3, 4, and 5. weber could implode at any time with mcbride at the helm. they are barely eligible for the playoffs this year and i hear he ticked off the ncaa again.

Latest posts

Back