• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predictions for 2009 BSC Football

Which 4 teams will finish on top of the Big Sky Conference?

• Eastern Washington University - Eagles

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Idaho State University - Bengals

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Montana State University - Bobcats

Votes: 105 64.8%
  • Portland State University - Vikings

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • Sacramento State University - Hornets

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • The University of Montana - Grizzlies

Votes: 154 95.1%
  • University of Northern Arizona - Lumberjacks

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • University of Northern Colorado - Bears

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Weber State University - Wildcats

Votes: 141 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WILDCATFAN said:
Why wait?
There is no reason for me to blog here anymore, since friendly chat on this blog is obviously forbidden, Im going to go and chat with fans of other schools who arent a bunch of snobs and A$$'s who cant get over themselves

And one more thing.....Our coach teaches the Chop block!

weberwildcat said:
Bear Axed said:
"WILDCATFAN" Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both ................ :whocares: :whocares:

Look at last years numbers
TURNOVER MARGIN G Fum Int Tot Fum Int Tot Mar Per/G
1. Montana............. 16 17 19 36 10 10 20 +16 1.00
2. Weber State......... 14 12 19 31 11 13 24 +7 0.50
3. Northern Arizona.... 11 12 15 27 11 11 22 +5 0.45
4. Sacramento State.... 12 10 12 22 8 10 18 +4 0.33
5. Northern Colorado... 11 11 11 22 6 15 21 +1 0.09
6. Portland State...... 11 14 15 29 11 20 31 -2 -0.18
7.Eastern Washington.. 11 8 14 22 10 14 24 -2 -0.18 8
8. Montana State....... 12 8 17 25 16 19 35 -10 -0.83
9. Idaho State......... 12 9 7 16 9 19 28 -12 -1.00

Then go research years past and you'll find one common denominator
One team in the conferance teaches turn overs, all the other teams use the shoulda ~ coulda ~ woulda mode of trying to use them as excuses.

Why u dis'n Bobcat football stadium? Its as big as Weber's Dee Events Center.
I'm NOT, I'm making fun of the Stone Graveyard Weber calls a stadium! I heard it's a landmark? :? Too bad so very, very few, in Utah have ever seen it ?

WILDCATFAN said:
djollieballs said:
Wasn't that bully beat down we gave you in the play-offs enough?

I'm going to go out on a "wim" here and bet that you disappear from this board at Halloween next year and never come back.
Speaking of play-offs, Weber will never host a home play-off game. Ever. You know why? 'Cause if your fan base sux, you don't get a first round game unless you are seeded. No Big Sky team besides Montana would ever get seeded. Montana went undefeated a few years back and got the 4 seed. That means that unless Weber went undefeated (will never happen) they would have to out-bid UM for a first round game (loolz, good luck).

Weber got lucky last year. They'll finish behind UM, EWU, NAU, and Sac. Weber will lead the bottom half of the conference ahead of PSU, MSU, ISU, and UNC.

Big Sky will be lucky to land two bids this year. Just like every other year.

Why wait?
There is no reason for me to blog here anymore, since friendly chat on this blog is obviously forbidden, Im going to go and chat with fans of other schools who arent a bunch of snobs and A$$'s who cant get over themselves

And one more thing.....

GO WILDCATS
zmiyp47f.jpg

geeeeesh, come on WILDCATFAN, you were doing fine. discard the thin skin. dig in! banter back!

The Griz should roll through the conference for the most part but they need to find a permanent answer for their field goal kicker.

I do think that they will be in a bunch of close games though.

Weber probably matches up the best but will have to fill quite a few holes on defense.
EWU has the offense but I believe they lost most of their defense last year.
NAU had what looked like the most complete team in a balanced offense 200yds passing/200yds rushing and the top ranked rushing defense. That was until UM proved that it was a myth.
PSU is still a very young team.
UNC should be interesting to see if they can take another big step forward.

MSU should be able to put up a decent fight if they don't turn the ball over 5 times. Their defense should be as tough as last year and their running game shouldn't drop off too much. This year the receivers should be able to get open but they are young and the qb's need to make strides.

Desin has been moved to full time receiver leaving Kempt and Iddins to battle it out.

Montanan said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Why wait?

And one more thing.....

GO WILDCATS
zmiyp47f.jpg

geeeeesh, come on WILDCATFAN, you were doing fine. discard the thin skin. dig in! banter back!

Agreed, don't let the Grizzers piss u off, thats what they tryin to do...
U should gotta understand theres hundreds of em on their forum where was we have a few dozen on ours, lol

They'd be posting on our forum if we were discussing football with more than a few of us.

Let the Grizzers brag all they want about being the power of the big sky in football and have the best fans and biggest stadium. but at the end of the day it aint much bigger than stewart stadium and we beat them in football and we rarely win more than 4-5 games.

next yr's gonna be more fun than this year because they know we will be good and it will still be emabarrassing for them to lose to us after beating us so many in a row. Kinda like in hoops when we lose to SUU or say Sac, it rarely happens and when it does it really sucks.

So WILDCAT FAN, are you more excited to win the big sky in football next yr or bball? Winning back to back in both sports has never happened before...yet!

Thinking about all the dunks we're gonna have I have a hard time being more excited for football, then again bball just ended.

Maybe Toone & Higgins can change my mind, we'll see on the 18th of Apr.

1. UM (7-1)
2. WSU (6-2)
3. EWU (5-3)
3. SAC (5-3)
3. MSU (5-3)
3. NAU (3-5)
7. PSU (2-6)
7. UNC (2-6)
9. ISU (1-7)

I won't pick em all. But my prediction is that UM wins, or shares the conference title. Just like they do all the time.

weberwildcat said:
Montanan said:

U should gotta understand theres hundreds of em on their forum where was we have a few dozen on ours, lol

They'd be posting on our forum if we were discussing football with more than a few of us.

Let the Grizzers brag all they want about being the power of the big sky in football and have the best fans and biggest stadium. but at the end of the day it aint much bigger than stewart stadium and we beat them in football and we rarely win more than 4-5 games.

next yr's gonna be more fun than this year because they know we will be good and it will still be emabarrassing for them to lose to us after beating us so many in a row. Kinda like in hoops when we lose to SUU or say Sac, it rarely happens and when it does it really sucks.

So WILDCAT FAN, are you more excited to win the big sky in football next yr or bball? Winning back to back in both sports has never happened before...yet!

Thinking about all the dunks we're gonna have I have a hard time being more excited for football, then again bball just ended.

Im excited more about football, I love the sport football more than Basketball, but it is hard not to get up for Wildcat Basketball. Ithink Weber has just as good a chance to win the Big Sky in football as the grisslys do. In Basketball, we will still have a young team, but a more mature team, and I see us winning the sky in basketball for the second year in a row.

And I think Weber is really all set in football, Our main O-linemen are mostly injured now, but Mcbride said he is very pleased with how much the 2nd stringers are improving, just wait till we get the starters back. We got the best Running back, the best reciever, and the best QB, and if something happens to HIggins, I wont be worried because we have Joel Hancock as well, I played against Joel when I was in High School, he roasted us. He knows how to throw the long bomb, and throw it accurately.

Mcbride said this was the best defensive recruiting class he has ever had here at Weber, and right now in all the reports, all he can say is how great the defensive players are doing. This is going to be a very dangerous team, in my opinion the most dangerous team Weber will have in school history. And Im looking Forward to it. The season Starts with a win at Wyoming.

WILDCATFAN said:
weberwildcat said:

Im excited more about football, I love the sport football more than Basketball, but it is hard not to get up for Wildcat Basketball. Ithink Weber has just as good a chance to win the Big Sky in football as the grisslys do. In Basketball, we will still have a young team, but a more mature team, and I see us winning the sky in basketball for the second year in a row.

And I think Weber is really all set in football, Our main O-linemen are mostly injured now, but Mcbride said he is very pleased with how much the 2nd stringers are improving, just wait till we get the starters back. We got the best Running back, the best reciever, and the best QB, and if something happens to HIggins, I wont be worried because we have Joel Hancock as well, I played against Joel when I was in High School, he roasted us. He knows how to throw the long bomb, and throw it accurately.

Mcbride said this was the best defensive recruiting class he has ever had here at Weber, and right now in all the reports, all he can say is how great the defensive players are doing. This is going to be a very dangerous team, in my opinion the most dangerous team Weber will have in school history. And Im looking Forward to it. The season Starts with a win at Wyoming.

Best reciever? I don't think so. And your RB is going to be pushed this year as well.

A lot of posts suggesting ISU will finish dead last:

I'm willing to bet anyone $250 this will not happen. I'll take the first 6 that respond to this post. PM me at [email protected] to accept. We can work out suitable ways to secure identity and payment.

salmonbengal said:

I'm willing to bet anyone $250 this will not happen. I'll take the first 6 that respond to this post. PM me at [email protected] to accept. We can work out suitable ways to secure identity and payment.

Where's GB1 when a bet's to be had!? Or did GB1 shuck his Griz colors and wind up a Bungal?

Kadeezy said:
1. UM (7-1)
2. WSU (6-2)
3. EWU (5-3)
3. SAC (5-3)
3. MSU (5-3)
3. NAU (3-5)
7. PSU (2-6)
7. UNC (2-6)
9. ISU (1-7)

I think Kadeezy has a handle on the out come...top to bottom. WSU could fall...

Obzerver said:

What have been the player defections from Eastern? How is the mood of the team? I guess that I don't see Eastern doing that well this year, IMHO.

No players have left the team and spring ball has been very spirited with high moral. This team is pissed and has a huge chip on their shoulders. Don't forget that EWU has filed an appeal on the post-season ban. EWU will be good even if the ban is not lifted and will be playing to win the conference. Go Eagles!!!

salmonbengal said:

It would be a real challenge to finish last with UNC in the league.

Obzerver said:
Kadeezy said:
1. UM (7-1)
2. WSU (6-2)
3. EWU (5-3)
3. SAC (5-3)
3. MSU (5-3)
3. NAU (3-5)
7. PSU (2-6)
7. UNC (2-6)
9. ISU (1-7)

The Eagles will beat Weber again; UM will not lose.

WILDCATFAN said:
weberwildcat said:
Well I guess we both soundly beat each other last year, though a 4 pt lead w/ 4 min left isn't too sound but we did lose so a loss is a loss.

I would assume next year we will play twice just like this year, why not?

WSU fans can just hope both games aren't in Missoula.

Since attendance is so important to UM fans...

If it took 35,000 UM fans to beat Weber by 11 in Missoula and it took just 3,700 (actually probab half that was UM fans lol) WSU fans to beat UM in Ogden. If WSU had 25,000 fans at a home game (which would be a school record for any other team in the Big Sky) how much would WSU win by?

I would like to know how winning by 11 is soundly beating someone, Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both times, take 14 points of of UM's score, add it to Weber's, Weber wins 27 to 10, 17 points again. UM fans need to be a little nervous, cause if it wasnt for the 2 turnovers Weber would have won, well there is always this year.

Well since we beat them by 17 45-28 ( the most points scored on a Montana team since a 41 to 7 shelacking from Iowa)in front of 3,700, and if we had played at home in front of 25k, we probably would have beaten them by 30.
Superior UM defense produced fumbles and a less than 50% completion percentage by hotshot QB.
Inferior Weber defense allowed 314 yards rushing (185 by a soph) and no chance to stop clinching drive.
Superior UM offense produced more first downs and total yardage and a 36/24 TOP advantage with no turnovers.
Your RB whining about having to play at UM...
Adds up to "soundly beaten."
Oh, and 45 is actually more than 41. A little weak on the ciphering...

Back