• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predictions for 2009 BSC Football

Which 4 teams will finish on top of the Big Sky Conference?

• Eastern Washington University - Eagles

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • Idaho State University - Bengals

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Montana State University - Bobcats

Votes: 105 64.8%
  • Portland State University - Vikings

Votes: 50 30.9%
  • Sacramento State University - Hornets

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • The University of Montana - Grizzlies

Votes: 154 95.1%
  • University of Northern Arizona - Lumberjacks

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • University of Northern Colorado - Bears

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Weber State University - Wildcats

Votes: 141 87.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ISU with a much-improved record with better play-calling and a (hopefully) revamped defense with better formations. At this point, we HAVE to start winning. Otherwise, I can see the ax slowly rising over the horizon, if you get my drift.

grizaremoregooder said:
Sac State had the best recruiting class of any FCS school this year according to previous posts on this site.

I have heard this a lot.

I have thought many times in pre-season in years past that Sac State really has the players to do well this year compared to prior poor seasons. However, every year they manage to dissapoint.

How is this year's recruiting class going to help them this coming fall when nobody else's new recruits have that much of an immediate impact. If this year's recruits are so great, then they may perform in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Right? Am I missing something?

Most people have the Griz above Weber but I think Weber has the wildcard over the Griz due to QB. Cameron Higgins is the real deal while the Griz will be breaking in a new person. Yes Selle saw some action and Larson knows the system but that is not the same as being the man every week.

Have to go with UM at #1 until someone beats them consistently.
Weber is bringing back a very talented team and keep there very good QB.
I have MSU and EWU tied at three depending on the QB sitch for both teams.
PSU will be good on offense as usual but can they play some D.
NAU are they ever going to put it all together.

ISU, SAC, NCU are a wash but Sac and NCU could be sleepers.

technocat said:
Have to go with UM at #1 until someone beats them consistently.
Weber is bringing back a very talented team and keep there very good QB.
I have MSU and EWU tied at three depending on the QB sitch for both teams.
PSU will be good on offense as usual but can they play some D.
NAU are they ever going to put it all together.

ISU, SAC, NCU are a wash but Sac and NCU could be sleepers.

At least the Griz QB (whoever he is ... probably Selle) will get a couple games under his belt before it matters as far as the BSC goes. Too bad one is a total cupcake, but at least they'll be "real" game snaps. If the Griz defense progresses like it seems they are, they can maybe keep it under control in the conference opener against PSU (thank God it's at home) -- and give the O more experience.

We'll know a lot about WSU after the first two games -- at Wyoming and at Colorado State. If they make a good showing, then we can figure they'll again be a force to be reckoned with. Luckily for them, they then get to play D-II+ (Oh sorry ... 1AA) Idaho State, at home.

I figure by the time we meet WSU at the end of October (thank God, again ... at home), we could see the conference title on the line

I think we will see the same as last yr, it'll come down to WSU and UM for champs with UM having a better overall record since WSU is playing 2 FBS' again.

0 DII's/NAIA's is a first for Weber.

Im going to go out on a wim here ( not a crazy one ) and say that Weber is going to win for the first time in WGS in however many years it has been, and claim the title again this year. Weber has one of the most powerful offenses in the nation coming back, with a senior running back who has led the BSC in rushing all 3 years previous, and a more matured Quarterback in Cameron Higgins. and Mcbride said this year he has had his best defensive recruiting class. I can even see Weber beating both Wyoming and Colorado State, although it will be tougher to beat the Rams than it will the Cowpokes. Then again, Sac lost on a last second field goal to CSU last year, so its actually more possible than alot of people think.

Weber will be out for blood vs EWU, and I see Weber exacting some revenge.

Cal Poly at home will be a great game, its too bad that its going to be played the same day of the Holy War.

There is I think a very good chance that UM and Weber could become a Football rivalry sometime in the future, but who knows. I'd like to see it.

The only game I see UM having maybe a little trouble with before Oct 31st, is UC Davis, the Aggies played really well in Montana last year, I think its possible for the aggs to upset, but we will have to wait and see.

End Reg season standings

1. Weber State
2. Montana
3. Montana State
4. Portland State
5. Northern Arizona
6. Eastern Washington
7. Sacramento State
8. Northern Colorado
9. Idaho State

WILDCATFAN said:
Im going to go out on a wim here ( not a crazy one ) and say that Weber is going to win for the first time in WGS in however many years it has been, and claim the title again this year. Weber has one of the most powerful offenses in the nation coming back, with a senior running back who has led the BSC in rushing all 3 years previous, and a more matured Quarterback in Cameron Higgins. and Mcbride said this year he has had his best defensive recruiting class. I can even see Weber beating both Wyoming and Colorado State, although it will be tougher to beat the Rams than it will the Cowpokes. Then again, Sac lost on a last second field goal to CSU last year, so its actually more possible than alot of people think.

Weber will be out for blood vs EWU, and I see Weber exacting some revenge.

Cal Poly at home will be a great game, its too bad that its going to be played the same day of the Holy War.

There is I think a very good chance that UM and Weber could become a Football rivalry sometime in the future, but who knows. I'd like to see it.

The only game I see UM having maybe a little trouble with before Oct 31st, is UC Davis, the Aggies played really well in Montana last year, I think its possible for the aggs to upset, but we will have to wait and see.

End Reg season standings

1. Weber State
2. Montana
3. Montana State
4. Portland State
5. Northern Arizona
6. Eastern Washington
7. Sacramento State
8. Northern Colorado
9. Idaho State
Classify this under "dreaming." Weber has won 3 of the last 22 meetings with UM and has not won in Missoula since 1987. They were soundly beaten by a very young Grizzly team in the playoffs and as good as your RB may be, he is no longer the best in the BSC. Sophomore Chase Reynolds ran wild against you and your QB was intimidated by the maturing Grizzly defense. You had your day in Ogden last year before 3700 fans; one data point does not make a rivalry.

Well I guess we both soundly beat each other last year, though a 4 pt lead w/ 4 min left isn't too sound but we did lose so a loss is a loss.

I would assume next year we will play twice just like this year, why not?

WSU fans can just hope both games aren't in Missoula.

Since attendance is so important to UM fans...

If it took 35,000 UM fans to beat Weber by 11 in Missoula and it took just 3,700 (actually probab half that was UM fans lol) WSU fans to beat UM in Ogden. If WSU had 25,000 fans at a home game (which would be a school record for any other team in the Big Sky) how much would WSU win by?

weberwildcat said:
Well I guess we both soundly beat each other last year, though a 4 pt lead w/ 4 min left isn't too sound but we did lose so a loss is a loss.

If it took 35,000 UM fans to beat Weber by 11 in Missoula and it took just 3,700 (actually probab half that was UM fans lol) WSU fans to beat UM in Ogden. If WSU had 25,000 fans at a home game (which would be a school record for any other team in the Big Sky) how much would WSU win by?

I would like to know how winning by 11 is soundly beating someone, Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both times, take 14 points of of UM's score, add it to Weber's, Weber wins 27 to 10, 17 points again. UM fans need to be a little nervous, cause if it wasnt for the 2 turnovers Weber would have won, well there is always this year.

Well since we beat them by 17 45-28 ( the most points scored on a Montana team since a 41 to 7 shelacking from Iowa)in front of 3,700, and if we had played at home in front of 25k, we probably would have beaten them by 30.

WILDCATFAN said:
weberwildcat said:

I would like to know how winning by 11 is soundly beating someone, Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both times, take 14 points of of UM's score, add it to Weber's, Weber wins 27 to 10, 17 points again. UM fans need to be a little nervous, cause if it wasnt for the 2 turnovers Weber would have won, well there is always this year.

Well since we beat them by 17 45-28 ( the most points scored on a Montana team since a 41 to 7 shelacking from Iowa)in front of 3,700, and if we had played at home in front of 25k, we probably would have beaten them by 30.

Wasn't that bully beat down we gave you in the play-offs enough?

I'm going to go out on a "wim" here and bet that you disappear from this board at Halloween next year and never come back.

Speaking of play-offs, Weber will never host a home play-off game. Ever. You know why? 'Cause if your fan base sux, you don't get a first round game unless you are seeded. No Big Sky team besides Montana would ever get seeded. Montana went undefeated a few years back and got the 4 seed. That means that unless Weber went undefeated (will never happen) they would have to out-bid UM for a first round game (loolz, good luck).

Weber got lucky last year. They'll finish behind UM, EWU, NAU, and Sac. Weber will lead the bottom half of the conference ahead of PSU, MSU, ISU, and UNC.

Big Sky will be lucky to land two bids this year. Just like every other year.

WILDCATFAN said:
weberwildcat said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That logic is fecked up! Funny that you should say Weber was driving when they turned it over. Montana in turn had to march down the field and shove the ball down Weber's throats. It's like Weber was generous and our boys didn't earn it. Shame we beat you when it mattered.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF

If pigs had enough compressed gas they could fly.

IF Weber ... coulda, woulda, shoulda, IF it made any difference...

The scores are in the books for eternity, and longer...

"WILDCATFAN" Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both ................ :whocares: :whocares:

Look at last years numbers
TURNOVER MARGIN G Fum Int Tot Fum Int Tot Mar Per/G
1. Montana............. 16 17 19 36 10 10 20 +16 1.00
2. Weber State......... 14 12 19 31 11 13 24 +7 0.50
3. Northern Arizona.... 11 12 15 27 11 11 22 +5 0.45
4. Sacramento State.... 12 10 12 22 8 10 18 +4 0.33
5. Northern Colorado... 11 11 11 22 6 15 21 +1 0.09
6. Portland State...... 11 14 15 29 11 20 31 -2 -0.18
7.Eastern Washington.. 11 8 14 22 10 14 24 -2 -0.18 8
8. Montana State....... 12 8 17 25 16 19 35 -10 -0.83
9. Idaho State......... 12 9 7 16 9 19 28 -12 -1.00

Then go research years past and you'll find one common denominator
One team in the conferance teaches turn overs, all the other teams use the shoulda ~ coulda ~ woulda mode of trying to use them as excuses.

djollieballs said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I'm going to go out on a "wim" here and bet that you disappear from this board at Halloween next year and never come back.

Speaking of play-offs, Weber will never host a home play-off game. Ever. You know why? 'Cause if your fan base sux, you don't get a first round game unless you are seeded. No Big Sky team besides Montana would ever get seeded. Montana went undefeated a few years back and got the 4 seed. That means that unless Weber went undefeated (will never happen) they would have to out-bid UM for a first round game (loolz, good luck).

Weber got lucky last year. They'll finish behind UM, EWU, NAU, and Sac. Weber will lead the bottom half of the conference ahead of PSU, MSU, ISU, and UNC.

weber was a young team too last year...

"Weber got lucky last year. They'll finish behind UM, EWU, NAU, and Sac. Weber will lead the bottom half of the conference ahead of PSU, MSU, ISU, and UNC.

Big Sky will be lucky to land two bids this year. Just like every other year"

??

I've noticed the 'Sky always gets 2 teams in. That is about to change?

I really don't think WSU will finish lower than 8th place in the Big Sky dude, ur wrong.

Last yr was no fluke, we aint just a hoop school now...or I guess it was a 12 game fluke?

More importantly, who will be hosting in bball next year?

Who will be the top teams?

Football is just filler til bball starts.

Bear Axed said:
"WILDCATFAN" Weber had 2 turnovers ( I know TO's are part of the game but still, before the 2 turnovers, we were driving both ................ :whocares: :whocares:

Look at last years numbers
TURNOVER MARGIN G Fum Int Tot Fum Int Tot Mar Per/G
1. Montana............. 16 17 19 36 10 10 20 +16 1.00
2. Weber State......... 14 12 19 31 11 13 24 +7 0.50
3. Northern Arizona.... 11 12 15 27 11 11 22 +5 0.45
4. Sacramento State.... 12 10 12 22 8 10 18 +4 0.33
5. Northern Colorado... 11 11 11 22 6 15 21 +1 0.09
6. Portland State...... 11 14 15 29 11 20 31 -2 -0.18
7.Eastern Washington.. 11 8 14 22 10 14 24 -2 -0.18 8
8. Montana State....... 12 8 17 25 16 19 35 -10 -0.83
9. Idaho State......... 12 9 7 16 9 19 28 -12 -1.00

Then go research years past and you'll find one common denominator
One team in the conferance teaches turn overs, all the other teams use the shoulda ~ coulda ~ woulda mode of trying to use them as excuses.

Why u dis'n Bobcat football stadium? Its as big as Weber's Dee Events Center.

djollieballs said:
WILDCATFAN said:

Why wait?
There is no reason for me to blog here anymore, since friendly chat on this blog is obviously forbidden, Im going to go and chat with fans of other schools who arent a bunch of snobs and A$$'s who cant get over themselves

And one more thing.....

GO WILDCATS
zmiyp47f.jpg

Back