• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber will beat Wyoming

KingGeorgeistupid

Weber returns almost all their key players minus a couple o-linemen. They played Utah and Hawaii very competitively last year (Wyoming always get mutilated by Utah). Coach Mac coached at Utah and isn't scared of anyone. Last year Wyoming had to come from behind to beat a mediocre North Dakota State team minus Tyler Roehl. Now, I know that Wyoming has hired the spread guru, Dave Christensen, but the learning curve will be too great the beginning of next year. Also, Wyoming doesn't have enough of spread-type players yet to be highly effective.

Hold on there........

Yes, Weber will be great on offense where they return 9 players I believe. But they have just 3 players back on defense. Will they be able to stop anyone? That's the big question.

haha.. okay.

Wyoming only finished in the top 30 in total defense last year and return a lot of the starters, and retained their linebackers coach as the D-coordinator. But that's cool, opinions are welcome.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5537

My opinion is that Weber's 2008 team will be better than the 2009 team when all is said and done. They might have had their best chance to dominate the Big Sky last year. They could be very weak on defense this year.

I was curious about Etuati's status on the team (did he graduate or will he be suspended if he didn't or ...?). As good of a RB as they have, he'll probably be eaten up by the Cowboy linebacking corps. Higgins might be the only one to have a decent day as the Cowboy secondary is weak (IMO). The offense should do okay as long as they don't turn the ball over like they did last season.

I believe Weber has a good chance really in this game.. At least they (Weber) have a shot at playing Wyoming, wish we could say the same.

It would be nice to see some changes in the way FBS programs forbid them from traveling to play FCS teams. Maybe that will be something to change in the next few years with the costs of travel and the economey etc. Well that and should an FBS team be willing to travel to FCS schools to play say in a two for one type deal. Granted there are only a hand full of FCS programs that an FBS school would really think about going to and I believe Montana would be one of them. Granted we would not see the likes of any BCS programs, but maybe the Wyomings, Utah States and all. I know pipe dream but it would be very cool. I have oftern thought it would be cool to have the academy schools come to WA-Griz. Just imagine the Army Black Knights coming to town in those camo uni's they had on for the Army, Navy game last year.

That would be a memorable game for sure!!

Can't say I really care about a game between the rebuilding Cowboys and the Weber State Wildcats.
I'll wager that Weber, Sac St., PSU, UNC, MSU and ISU, will have a combined score Sept. 5 that is only 21 points better than Montana's score against the Mountainers of mighty Western State.

Western's open team tryouts April 19 sounded very productive, with some real gems emerging from the School's student body of 2,500.

Western's two wins in 2008 were really impressive. It killed Western New Mexico and finally got that Highlands monkey of its back. Don't let that 42-0 loss to Emporia State at the end of the season fool you. The Mountainers are going Griz hunting Sept. 5. Western has almost everyone back and the kids seem to have that north-south thing down this year. With the ball moving in the right direction, touchdowns are much more probable in 2009 than in 2008.

Western would mop the floor with the Cowboys or the Wildcats. Get ready for a barn burner. The game that matters Sept. 5 is in Missoula.

Weber beat a very good Cal-Poly team on the road last year. The same Cal-Poly team that basically beat Wisconsin.

Nobody anywhere thinks Wyoming is better than Wisconsin.

The linebackers are going to gobble up Weber's overrated RB? I guess it's a good thing they have the best QB west of the Mississippi.

Weber by two TDs at least.

This game will be great for some easy sports-book money.

djollieballs said:
The linebackers are going to gobble up Weber's overrated RB? I guess it's a good thing they have the best QB west of the Mississippi.

Best FCS QB West of the Mississippi*

Bryant Eteuati, WR/Returner, is not on the team as he played 4 seasons without a redshirt year. His younger brother Brandt, CB, has 2 years remaining.

PMP said:
Bryant Eteuati, WR/Returner, is not on the team as he played 4 seasons without a redshirt year. His younger brother Brandt, CB, has 2 years remaining.

Thanks for the info. I was curious.

OrgonGriz said:
It would be nice to see some changes in the way FBS programs forbid them from traveling to play FCS teams. Maybe that will be something to change in the next few years with the costs of travel and the economey etc. Well that and should an FBS team be willing to travel to FCS schools to play say in a two for one type deal. Granted there are only a hand full of FCS programs that an FBS school would really think about going to and I believe Montana would be one of them. Granted we would not see the likes of any BCS programs, but maybe the Wyomings, Utah States and all. I know pipe dream but it would be very cool. I have oftern thought it would be cool to have the academy schools come to WA-Griz. Just imagine the Army Black Knights coming to town in those camo uni's they had on for the Army, Navy game last year.

That would be a memorable game for sure!!

What 1-A team would travel to a 1-AA school for game? They would be ridiculed to say the least. Could you imagine if the Griz were to travel to play a DII school? What Griz fan would go for that?

Yes, it is a pipe dream.

Agree that it's a pipe dream to think 1-A teams would come to UM (I-AA).

Although ... an ALLEGED 1-A (Idaho) did come to Wash-Griz three times ... won on a last-second field goal the first time, then lost four in a four to the Griz, two at Wazzoo's stadium and two at Wash Griz.

LakGriz said:

Although ... an ALLEGED 1-A (Idaho) did come to Wash-Griz three times ... won on a last-second field goal the first time, then lost four in a four to the Griz, two at Wazzoo's stadium and two at Wash Griz.
The second to last Spud game was in the kibbie dome! Not the Coug den.

Bear Axed said:
LakGriz said:

The second to last Spud game was in the kibbie dome! Not the Coug den.
Montana/Idaho was a rivalry long before Montana/Montana St. The battle for the Little Brown Stein. It's crazy for these universities to not be playing one another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Brown_Stein

Latest posts

Back