• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber will beat Wyoming

CSU over WSU over 10 points.

WSU over Wyoming, not so sure of point spread this year, with all the variables on WSU defense, and Wyoming having a new coaching staff and system.

Weber State has ONE decent year of football in my lifetime and now they think they are going to beat Wyoming and Colorado State this year, no way. Wyoming and CSU will win these games with relative ease.

Weber will only be better if their coaches are able to keep them extremely focused. When dealing with a group of 18-22 year olds, there are numerous examples of young teams having a taste of success and then regressing the following season. Just showing up doesn't guarantee you'll be better than you were the previous year.

It has happened a thousand times at the FBS and FCS levels. A young team surprises some people and the next year they're top 15 in the preseason polls only to finish the season with 4 or 5 losses, slipping back into obscurity.

General Disarray said:
Weber will only be better if their coaches are able to keep them extremely focused. When dealing with a group of 18-22 year olds, there are numerous examples of young teams having a taste of success and then regressing the following season. Just showing up doesn't guarantee you'll be better than you were the previous year.

It has happened a thousand times at the FBS and FCS levels. A young team surprises some people and the next year they're top 15 in the preseason polls only to finish the season with 4 or 5 losses, slipping back into obscurity.

EWU and MSU!!

WILDCATFAN said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Higgins is the Daly of QB's

OverFu*king rated.

Higgins over-rated?

How many other QB's FBS and FCS threw for 4,540 yards and 38 touchdowns?

In his freshman year he came in started 4 games into the season (against Montana) and got newcomer of the year.

Last season as a sophomore, he was Big Sky MVP.

He still has 2 more years, and he keeps getting more and more experienced.
You're right. He became particularly more experienced in Missoula last December when he pulled a big rock.

This season as a junior, he gets to come back to Missoula. If he escapes Ft. Collins and Laramie with his health.

Only time will tell I think Weber can beat the Cowboys, and play the rams well, but the only way we'll be able to know for sure is on Sept 5th and Sept 12th, If we lose to both the Pokes and the Rams, big deal. Weber is "supposed to start 0-2, doesnt mean that we cant hope. Even if we start 0-2 we can finish 9-2. Which we will.

NavyBlue said:
Weber State has ONE decent year of football in my lifetime and now they think they are going to beat Wyoming and Colorado State this year, no way. Wyoming and CSU will win these games with relative ease.

And Utah State is yet to have a decent year of football in my lifetime.

WILDCATFAN said:
Only time will tell I think Weber can beat the Cowboys, and play the rams well, but the only way we'll be able to know for sure is on Sept 5th and Sept 12th, If we lose to both the Pokes and the Rams, big deal. Weber is "supposed to start 0-2, doesnt mean that we cant hope. Even if we start 0-2 we can finish 9-2. Which we will.

You're right, I will be pretty happy when you guys are 8-3 at the end of the season, too.

NavyBlue said:

Ouch, smack from an Aggie, really? You know we are talking about Weber's chances against Wyoming and CSU right? We were not talking about USU's chances which are slim and none.

Our 10-4 overall and 7-1 ranking was more than "decent", lets see, USU was 3-9 final 2008 sagrin rating was 115th, WSU was 84th. Finished 7th in the nation, currently ranked pre-season 7th, with 7 players gathering pre-season all-american honors.

USU 2008 3-9, 2007 2-10, 2006 1-11, 2005 3-8 2004 3-8, etc, etc, etc.

Anytime, anywhere, it is always a pleasure to kick around the Aggies of USU.

WILDCATFAN said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Higgins is the Daly of QB's

OverFu*king rated.

Higgins over-rated?

How many other QB's FBS and FCS threw for 4,540 yards and 38 touchdowns?

In his freshman year he came in started 4 games into the season (against Montana) and got newcomer of the year.

Last season as a sophomore, he was Big Sky MVP.

He still has 2 more years, and he keeps getting more and more experienced.
Who are you guys talking about? Who is Cameron Higgins? Oh yeah, he's that quarterback from Weber who has never won in Washington Grizzly Stadium. :lol: OVERATED!!!!! Wyoming will crush Weber grills next year-sorry guys you are just not that good. Wyoming beat Tennesee last year-Reynolds owned you guys in the playoffs last year and you lost 9 starters on defense. HELLO A$$ kicking!!!!!!

wsucatfan said:
NavyBlue said:

Ouch, smack from an Aggie, really? You know we are talking about Weber's chances against Wyoming and CSU right? We were not talking about USU's chances which are slim and none.

Our 10-4 overall and 7-1 ranking was more than "decent", lets see, USU was 3-9 final 2008 sagrin rating was 115th, WSU was 84th. Finished 7th in the nation, currently ranked pre-season 7th, with 7 players gathering pre-season all-american honors.

USU 2008 3-9, 2007 2-10, 2006 1-11, 2005 3-8 2004 3-8, etc, etc, etc.

Anytime, anywhere, it is always a pleasure to kick around the Aggies of USU.

So when are you going to kick around the Aggies of USU? I think you have beaten us a grand total of ONCE. Please, and where are about half the coaches of that team of last year you, are bragging about. They will be on our sideline and not yours. They probably quadrupled thier salaries.

Yeah, we have sucked at football, but so have you guys, until one decent year last year. Then you lost half of your coaches. And we have Gary Anderson former Utah DC. Have you heard about the players he is bringing in? Don't get all high and mighty Harrison High fans, you D'weebs were talking about dropping football not so long ago. Remember the bake sale? I do lmfao!!!

Well USU n WSU never play so who cares what would or could happen. If you like one you should like the other, that goes for both sports.

In basketball WSU is basically the Weber State Aggies. (Randy Rahe)
In football USU is basically the Utah State Wildcats. (Klune, McGiven, Chad)

Both teams have coaches from the other school.

Oh and Utah and Utah State's football coaches are former Mac assistants...all our teams are tied together. I doubt Mac would like to see either of those schools losing.

Back to Wyo...I will be there, hoping for a good game. My only prediction is the buss trip will be a lot of fun!!

Don't get me wrong, I was just replying to smack. I would like to see all of Montana, Montana State, and Weber State in the WAC someday. I have said that many times. I also think that WSU and USU should be in the same conference. I rivalry would be built that would energize the students and alumni of both schools. That would be a great thing for both schools.

I would like to see Weber beat Wyoming, that said, I don't think they will. Wyoming is a MWC team and has much more in terms of resources than Weber State. Upsets happen, I know, but it will be an upset if the Wildcats can beat a MWC team. Again, I hope they do, but I wouldn't count on it.

NavyBlue said:
Don't get me wrong, I was just replying to smack. I would like to see all of Montana, Montana State, and Weber State in the WAC someday. I have said that many times. I also think that WSU and USU should be in the same conference. I rivalry would be built that would energize the students and alumni of both schools. That would be a great thing for both schools.

I would like to see Weber beat Wyoming, that said, I don't think they will. Wyoming is a MWC team and has much more in terms of resources than Weber State. Upsets happen, I know, but it will be an upset if the Wildcats can beat a MWC team. Again, I hope they do, but I wouldn't count on it.

Dude, quit wishing and trying to bring the above mentioned teams DOWN to your level.

weberwildcat said:
Well USU n WSU never play so who cares what would or could happen. If you like one you should like the other, that goes for both sports.

In basketball WSU is basically the Weber State Aggies. (Randy Rahe)
In football USU is basically the Utah State Wildcats. (Klune, McGiven, Chad)

Both teams have coaches from the other school.

Oh and Utah and Utah State's football coaches are former Mac assistants...all our teams are tied together. I doubt Mac would like to see either of those schools losing.

Back to Wyo...I will be there, hoping for a good game. My only prediction is the buss trip will be a lot of fun!!

Actually in either 2010 or 2011, the Wildcats and Aggies play each other in football again. Now that we have a very good team, we might have a chance at winning in Wyoming, but I dont think we will beat the Rams, its going to be tough to win at 2 Mtn West Schools in a row. Wyoming plays home to Texas the week after they Play Weber, they may overlook us they may not, we will have to see. Sept 5th is when it all starts.

NavyBlue said:

As much as you or I would like to see the WSU-USU rivary amped up by adding a yearly or semi-yearly football game I don't see it happening, and as far as WSU in the WAC I am afraid you are in the minority of Aggies that would want WSU in the same conference, most of you guys have the same complex about Weber that the Utes and Coogs have about you guys...

MrTitleist said:
Weber has one good year of football in the last how many years now you're WAC material?

Which Weber fan said We could or wanted to be in the WAC?

If im not mistaken, it was a Grizzly/Aggie fan who said it not a Wildcat fan, dont put words in our mouths.

According to Billings Gazette, Dave Christensen (Wyoming head coach), has suspended two of his wide-outs for a couple of games next year. Their top WR will miss the Weber and Texas games!

Back