• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Selle suffers career ending injury

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
Montana Grizzlies.com reports Selle gone for the year.
Griz QB Selle Suffers Career-ending Injury
9/27/2010
University of Montana starting quarterback Andrew Selle suffers career-ending injury

It is on the Missoulian too with the statement from Phlugrad.

I hear he was banged up with cracked ribs for the last 3 games. He has been taking regular beatings behind that line, and of course, was his own biggest critic, even more so then Djollieballs and Alpha. It is a good thing he was planning for the future and getting ready for a life after football.

I'm sure Djollieballs/Dub-Foncy and Alpha will have over 50 posts each devoted to being classless fans about this subject, but I will just say that as sorry as I am for Andrew Selle, I am ready to move on and look forward to seeing Justin Roeper play for the rest of the season.

Best of luck, team, and Go Griz!

...if it's true..thanks for everything kid...
...good luck from here..and get on with school...

... :cool: ...

Thanks Andrew for giving your all to the Grizzlies; best of luck in the future; your friend, Yogi

As I posted on the other thread, Andrew, thanks for the time and efforts, on and off the field you did for the GRIZ. You are fine young man, with a bright future. thanks again, sorry it ended this way.

As for Alpha, he is a good guy, I do not see him making light of this, or coming of as jerk on this one.

The link on the Montana Grizzlies web site will not open. The following is posted on the Sports Network website at http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4345082

Montana QB Selle suffers career-ending injury

Missoula, MT (Sports Network) - Montana quarterback Andrew Selle suffered a career-ending injury to his throwing arm during Saturday's 28-25 win over Sacramento State.

Selle, a candidate for The Sports Network's Walter Payton Award, given annually to the best offensive player in the Football Championship Subdivision, finished his senior season with 599 passing yards and five touchdowns. He also had five interceptions, while completing 41-of-77 passes.

"It is a really a sad day and the news was hard to take," Grizzlies coach Robin Pflugrad said. "Our staff really relies on Andrew for many things on and off the football field. He is more than a football player, more than a student-athlete, and more than our team captain. He's everything rolled into one."

Montana, ranked 12th in The Sports Network/Fathead.com FCS Top-25 College Football Poll, is expected to go with Justin Roper for the remainder of the season. Roper, also a senior, will likely be under center for this Saturday's game at Northern Colorado.

Last season the Grizzlies went 14-1 overall and advanced to the FCS championship game, losing 23-21 to Villanova. Selle passed for a career-high 351 yards in that game.

"It's a tough deal, and any time a career is ended short - much shorter than you expected; it's very difficult to deal with emotionally," said Selle. "It's still early on and maybe it hasn't quite hit me yet."

One of the nicest most humble guys you will ever meet. Thank you for all that you do on and off the field Andrew. Horrible end to a great career.

I am hurting just learning of this bad news. Selle is class all the way. He is one of the best of a long line of outstanding GRIZ QBs and sound citizens. Now we have to go out and win some for Andrew - that's what he wants to happen.

62GRIZ said:
I am hurting just learning of this bad news. Selle is class all the way. He is one of the best of a long line of outstanding GRIZ QBs and sound citizens. Now we have to go out and win some for Andrew - that's what he wants to happen.

I agree. This program is better because of his contributions. He played through pain and other injuries and no one could ever say he didn't give it his absolute best every single day. Thanks for everything, Andrew.

That sucks. Andrew, thank you for everything you've done for the Griz. I'm sorry it had to end this soon.

Thats too bad, I hate to see that happen to anyone even a griz, Good luck Andrew I'm sure you will go far, your a class act.

Andrew is what a STUDENT/athlete should be, thankful of the opportunity afforded him through playing football and making the most of his scholarship. In a day and age of kids accepting full rides and not going to class or doing just enough to stay above the very minimum grade point, it's encouraging to see a success story like Andrews. Andrew would have been who he is today regardless if he played football or not.....can't say that about a lot of ATHLETE/students.
Here's to the world getting a great adult and I'm sure a very productive citizen.
Good on ya, Andrew.

SAMSDAD said:
Andrew is what a STUDENT/athlete should be, thankful of the opportunity afforded him through playing football and making the most of his scholarship. In a day and age of kids accepting full rides and not going to class or doing just enough to stay above the very minimum grade point, it's encouraging to see a success story like Andrews. Andrew would have been who he is today regardless if he played football or not.....can't say that about a lot of ATHLETE/students.
Here's to the world getting a great adult and I'm sure a very productive citizen.
Good on ya, Andrew.

Nice to know there could be 30 years worth of kids in schools and football being taught/coached by Andrew. :thumb: This is the only positive spin I can bring to an injury like this.

Andrew did a lot of good for the Griz.. his off the field contributions helped other players get eligible. You hate to see a guy like Selle go down like this, but he's going to do okay in life, which is much bigger than Griz football.

That is terrible news. He's a great kid. Good luck Andrew in your future endevours.

Back