• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Selle suffers career ending injury

justanotherfan said:
Montana QB Selle suffers career-ending injury

Missoula, MT (Sports Network) - Montana quarterback Andrew Selle suffered a career-ending injury to his throwing arm during Saturday's 28-25 win over Sacramento State.

Does anyone know if it's "career-ending" because he can no longer play QB at all, or because it's season-ending and he's a senior? I ask that to pose another question: Is he past the point where he could apply for a medical redshirt to add a year of eligibility?

IdaGriz01 said:
justanotherfan said:

Missoula, MT (Sports Network) - Montana quarterback Andrew Selle suffered a career-ending injury to his throwing arm during Saturday's 28-25 win over Sacramento State.

Does anyone know if it's "career-ending" because he can no longer play QB at all, or because it's season-ending and he's a senior? I ask that to pose another question: Is he past the point where he could apply for a medical redshirt to add a year of eligibility?

I believe he has already played too high of a % of team plays this season. I doubt the NCAA would make an exception for this one. Besides, Andrew is ready to move on without football. He will be great w/out football. After 5 years of college football, would be hard to comeback for a 6th season, especially as fickle and inconsiderate a few GRIZ fans have been to Selle.

very crappy. selle, by all accounts, is a good kid AND a good quarterback.

glass-half-full scenerio: as much as it sucks to lose a leader, this could be a galvinizing event for the team; something to rally around.

best of luck andrew, and get well soon.

Thanks for all of your contributions, Selle. You're an outstanding representative of UM!

Get well soon. No doubt a great future is ahead of you.

:egriz:

It was a Great Ride Andrew, sorry to see it end like this. I will never forget the comeback against SDSU. One of the Best Quarterback and reciever performances in Griz history! Good Luck in your post college career!

What crummy news, best of luck finishing your degree Andrew - you will be missed on the field.

I'll always remember Selle who took the helm for this team in 2009 and lead the Griz all the way to the national title game. He was a clear vocal leader on the field and amongst his peers and when in "the zone" one of the better QB's I've ever seen. The throw (and the catch) to beat App is something I'll never forget.

Go Griz, and go Andrew!

Too bad. Good luck to him. I bet he will make a great coach and teacher. If he had a stronger arm, he would be NFL material because his mind and leadership skills are top notch. He had a great career despite not having the physical skills that most QB's have and that is a testament to his hard work and intangibles.

Very sad to hear this news.
I SAY THAT AT THE NEXT HOME GAME AGAINST IDAHO THAT ALL OF US GRIZ FANS CHANT SELLE'S NAME WHEN WE SEE HIM ON THE SIDELINE, A GOOD SEND OFF TO A GREAT QB

Andrew, to a fellow Billings boy, you gave us soooo much fun and great times, thanks a million for the good times, best of luck to you in the future!

Wow that is horrible news. Andrew Selle is/was the epitome of class both on the field and off. Best of luck in all your future endeavors and thanks for all your hard work.

IdaGriz01 said:
justanotherfan said:

Andrew is a red-shirt senior for athletics, but has already graduated. Is taking additional courses, but I don't know that he can get an additional year.

too bad selle. gd bless and now go and being something great off the field. take care and thanks for the time and effort.....go griz

dub-foncy said:
Kodiak said:
He had a great career despite not having the physical skills that most QB's have

He's 6'2 215.

His arm strength is not that great. QB's with strong arms can get away with so much more because the ball gets there faster. Top level guys can zip a 15 yd comeback from the far hash, fit a ball between the corner and safety in cover 2, throw a post in front of the safety, zip a dig route in between linebackers ect. Without a great arm, the routes and plays called are more limited.

I think that Selle did well and that the O last year suited him well, but he RAN it well. QB is much more than being able to make throws. Think John Edwards....he was not the best passer in the world but a great leader who did enough to win games and made the plays he had too. Thanks, Andrew for what you gave to Griz Football.

What a shitty way to end a good career :( Reminds me of what happened to Bagley his senior year. Very sad.

As Re/Max said, that throw and catch in the App State game will always be remembered by us Griz fans that watched that game. Selle was such an big part of the Griz's success last year and that amazing run through the Playoffs which had a little bit of everything... An incredible come from behind victory, a savage beating of a good opponent, and a classic against the other dynasty team in the FCS. His QB rating of 151 throughout the playoffs against very good competition (including a 189.7 rating in the NC game) was very impressive.

Sad to see him done, and I wish him the best of luck in life after football!

What a sad way to end a terrific Griz career. Thanks so much, Andrew, for your many contributions to this team. And all the best and many blessings in the future.

Back