• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Selle suffers career ending injury

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Alpha, I too want the best qualified players on the field but I prefer to let the coaches determine who they are. Alpha, you seem to think you are qualified to say which players are the best and you have a very limited look at them. It sure seems Coach Pflu has reservations about JR.

Agreed

Horrible news about Andrew Selle. He did so many good things for the University of Montana (on and off the field). What a tremendous young guy. Class is the word that comes to mind when I think of Selle. That and "Rudy". Andrew reminded me of Rudy Ruttiger in regards to his likeability and passion for football at UM. Best of luck to Andrew, and thanks for the memories (winning touchdown throw vs appalachian state still sends chills down my spine!). Thank you for all you did (and will continue to do). GO GRIZ

I'm surprised no one mentioned this. After watching the replay of Selle's injury a few times, it looks to me like his elbow was starting forward when he was hit. It's pretty close, but that could have caused his injury to be worse than it might have otherwise been.

Too bad for Selle. I was just on appfan.com and there are alot of ASU fans that feel bad for Selle as well. Nice to get along with (your foes on the field) your friends off the field. Go GRIZ!

Selle is such a good kid it just rips your heart out that his career ended this way. The guys all really like and respect him. That's why they voted him a captain, he bleeds maroon and knows what it's like to be a leader on and off the field. To suggest that he couldn't lead this team to a championship is flat out ignorant and disregards the reality that he did last year. Perhaps Roper can too, but he needs to make a greater effort to win the hearts and minds of his fellow players or this year is going to go into a death spiral not seen in twenty years in my opinion.

krammer said:
a.g. and d.f.,,as the saying goes be careful what you wish for, you just might get it........your boy, roper has the keys now and i hope he has the ability to do all the things you guys are boasting about...being a qb is so much more than the statistics you two were so good at talking about on e-griz.....coach pflu mentioned a few of those attributes in todays billings gazette that selle had....i believe selle will be missed most, from what he did off the field....respect of you teammates and coach's is earned and does not come with starting....selle took the team to the national championship game....you two are always talking about all the talent on this team, now, it is roper who has that opportunity....i wish him all the luck, because i think he will need it.....coach pflu started selle for a reasons he knew about, those reasons may become more clear as time passes....

nice post...........and Andrew you will be missed...to be a starting qb for the griz must have been a dream come true.......... may your other dreams come true as well..
one thing about roper.......he will need the protection of the o line to perform with any effectiveness. he rushes his passes otherwise not to mention that he could be prone to what happened to andrew. sitting in section 233 last week you could see clearly that the pass protection broke down rapidly and created this vulnerability to selles blind side.

Back