• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame Show is Fantastic!

Grizincatland

Since I am still optomisitc about the Griz football team, I am not going to complain about them however I am going to complain about the WA/Griz pregame. At this point I am getting the same feeling about the pregame show as I have for John Travoltas white suit in Saturday Night Fever. Both are OLD!

Monte is a joke. How about that grand entrance on Saturday! Waaahooo did that fire me up! I just cant get enough of Monte running into the goal post - man that makes me laugh each of the 20 times that he does it during the game. The little guy used to be cute - Marsha Brady used to be cute to.

Why in the hell is Monte introduced as the two time Capital One Mascot of the Year?? Maybe those versions deserved it but this one sure as hell does not. Almost makes me wish they would dust off the blow up doll, I mean blow up bear and bring him back.

Skydivers are still cool - the rest of it has become tired and boring. Does the gameday management not have any creativity?

Grizincatland said:
Since I am still optomisitc about the Griz football team, I am not going to complain about them however I am going to complain about the WA/Griz pregame. At this point I am getting the same feeling about the pregame show as I have for John Travoltas white suit in Saturday Night Fever. Both are OLD!

Monte is a joke. How about that grand entrance on Saturday! Waaahooo did that fire me up! I just cant get enough of Monte running into the goal post - man that makes me laugh each of the 20 times that he does it during the game. The little guy used to be cute - Marsha Brady used to be cute to.

Why in the hell is Monte introduced as the two time Capital One Mascot of the Year?? Maybe those versions deserved it but this one sure as hell does not. Almost makes me wish they would dust off the blow up doll, I mean blow up bear and bring him back.

Skydivers are still cool - the rest of it has become tired and boring. Does the gameday management not have any creativity?

The gameday management is a total disaster. We really can't teach monte how to ride a motorcycle? Anything new? And for the love of everything Griz, please get rid of "Mo." Mo's mom should have had an abortion.

Look uh... if you're coming to the game to watch Monte's intro then uh... well crap nevermind.

I go to Griz games to watch football, my kids come at times to see Monte, they think it's fun to see him, I haven't heard complaints from them about it, yet.

BWahlberg said:
Look uh... if you're coming to the game to watch Monte's intro then uh... well crap nevermind.

I go to Griz games to watch football, my kids come at times to see Monte, they think it's fun to see him, I haven't heard complaints from them about it, yet.

Sure, but I don't think anyone comes just for the pregame. It's still much more exciting to have a great pregame show than...what we have.

number1debater said:
Grizincatland said:

The gameday management is a total disaster. We really can't teach monte how to ride a motorcycle? Anything new? And for the love of everything Griz, please get rid of "Mo." Mo's mom should have had an abortion.[/quote]
Don't think we needed to go there........ damn.........

Yeah I'll give you that, I guess I just don't care that much, I'd just like to see at least 1 or 2 flyovers each year...

As was stated in a different thread the price of going to the game is quickly approaching NFL prices so the pregame better improve to justify the cost, at least to some degree.

Gee thanks BW - I will close my eyes and plug my ears until kick off at the next game. I missed where in my post I stated that I came to the game to watch the into. I like most come for the game however, the pregame is part of the game thus the name. I am glad your kids enjoy Monte - the way things are going, they will be able to tell thier children that they remember when Monte used to do the same exact things 25 years ago.

If you dont believe that the product can be improved then you have a screw loose.

Grizincatland said:
Gee thanks BW - I will close my eyes and plug my ears until kick off at the next game. I missed where in my post I stated that I came to the game to watch the into. I like most come for the game however, the pregame is part of the game thus the name. I am glad your kids enjoy Monte - the way things are going, they will be able to tell thier children that they remember when Monte used to do the same exact things 25 years ago.

If you dont believe that the product can be improved then you have a screw loose.

yeah, as I said before, I just don't care that much, carry on...

Grizincatland,

If you are a grown ass man, and you care that much about Monte, I would go look at yourself in the mirror until you can pull yourself together. Get out of your race-car bed, change out of your batman pajamas, move out of your moms house, go get a real job and move forward with your life.

All the best,
Scott

P.S. My apologies if you are 12 years old or younger. If that is the case, please carry on.

Scott Disick said:
Grizincatland,

If you are a grown ass man, and you care that much about Monte, I would go look at yourself in the mirror until you can pull yourself together. Get out of your race-car bed, change out of your batman pajamas, move out of your moms house, go get a real job and move forward with your life.

All the best,
Scott

P.S. My apologies if you are 12 years old or younger. If that is the case, please carry on.

Really guy?

number1debater said:
Scott Disick said:
Grizincatland,

All the best,
Scott

Really guy?
Scott is pretty hilarious imo.

I could care less what Monte does during the game. I just don't pay much attention to him anymore. However I wouldn't mind some tweaking of the pre game routine. It's dated and poorly executed.

The purpose of pregame is to pump up the crowd. Recent pregames fail. More and more people stay at the tailgates till the last minute. I would appreciate it if they would throw out that damn kiss cam.

Lady Fan of the Griz said:
The purpose of pregame is to pump up the crowd. Recent pregames fail. More and more people stay at the tailgates till the last minute. I would appreciate it if they would throw out that damn kiss cam.

The purpose of the pregame is to make you forget how much you're paying to see another inferior opponent play the sacrificial lamb role at another homecoming. You would be surprised as I was when I first started visiting with season ticket holders, some who travel long distances, many in a motorhome, to tailgate and partake of the Griz experience. And the impression I get is that a significant number don't really care who the Griz schedule. Or what the outcome is. It's just a big social event no less so than a family reunion. And if you wonder why the administration doesn't upgrade the cash cow? They don't have to.

Lady Fan of the Griz said:

THANK YOU
+10
Exactly what I meant on my Homecoming??? Really thread

Back