• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame Show is Fantastic!

Silvertip said:
Lady Fan of the Griz said:
The purpose of pregame is to pump up the crowd. Recent pregames fail. More and more people stay at the tailgates till the last minute. I would appreciate it if they would throw out that damn kiss cam.

The purpose of the pregame is to make you forget how much you're paying to see another inferior opponent play the sacrificial lamb role at another homecoming. You would be surprised as I was when I first started visiting with season ticket holders, some who travel long distances, many in a motorhome, to tailgate and partake of the Griz experience. And the impression I get is that a significant number don't really care who the Griz schedule. Or what the outcome is. It's just a big social event no less so than a family reunion. And if you wonder why the administration doesn't upgrade the cash cow? They don't have to.

I care. I'm annoyed paying anything over $10 to watch us play NAIA and Div II teams (whatever the Western Oregon's of the world are). The University is milking every penny out of us so I don't feel at all guilty expecting not only a good pregame but also good football on the field. I go for the football. In 99' I paid about $70 per seat for end zone seats. What did we pay this year $241 or somewhere there abouts. Prices keep going up but product is going down. Something doesn't work there. One of my Bobcat friends got season tickets in the new end zone seats. She paid $70 for the season. They aren't gouging their fans (yet) and they are winning. I agree they don't have to upgrade yet but I believe it is coming.

I was disappointed in the University's decision to move towards using their own ticket takers and eventually I'm sure 50/50 sellers and cleaners, etc. What about helping the community? The Lions Club lost 1/2 their annual money raised. The day they take away 50/50 selling a bunch of 8th graders from Clinton may no longer get to go to Washington D.C. as it is one of their major fundraisers. Nothing stays the same, I understand that, but the University also needs to remember what got the program to where it is today. The players, the coaches, the boosters, the fans, the community groups, etc.

Dexter X said:
MrTitleist said:
jcu27 said:
Monte should kill someone with a spear. That would be awesome.

Are you daft?

He'll get back to you on the answer to that question once he's looked up the word "daft" in the dictionary.
Don't need to, but it's clear you're not very smart. Why would I use a dictionary when I'm on the internet? My guess is that is something you would do.

How could you not tell I was being sarcastic? You daft?

When I go:

- the actual game is why I am there.
- the pre-game should pump up the crowd - well at least those that, for whatever reason, don't get pumped up by the actual game.
- they should use the vast majority of the money that I pay for tickets for things that actually support the game = players' educations and well being, good equipment, good coaches, and good facilities.

If the game does not come out as good as I had hoped, I manage to move on with life. If the pregame is not as I had hoped, I don't really care one way or the other. See above.

I am definitely an ass man. I like to see women with great asses.

Enough of IMHO.

There's alot of complaining that things are not great but nobody is stepping up to say what they would like to see. There is no way that the game management folks could please every person in the stadium nor could they create a new pregame every week to keep things fresh. Besides, when you look at some of the really classic college football venues, they have pregame routines that go back 70-80 years (or more) and are absolutely expected by the fans. We didn't get to see the pregame in Tennessee because of the storm but I understand that theirs goes back quite a ways too. I would hope that the marketing people would be curious about what the fans think. So having said that, what do you all want to see in pregame that would make it better for you? Maybe someone reading this forum can do something about it.

Lady Fan of the Griz said:
The purpose of pregame is to pump up the crowd. Recent pregames fail. More and more people stay at the tailgates till the last minute. I would appreciate it if they would throw out that damn kiss cam.

This is exactly the point, and the fact they keep bumping prices for the 'show'. well it isnt a show anymore. and many people with kids can bring those kids and get them hooked on being a GRIZ with their love for Monte and the atmosphere. it's investing in your future. last game my kids kept asking where Monte was, well he was sitting with a cone up his ass. except for the brief moment where he gives a recliner to some of the rich folks in the same section that wins it everytime.

So my point is, it isnt just for the rabid male. But the pregame sets the tone for many and gets the entire crowd fired up which can be very intimidating for the visiting team, and used to be part of our home field advantage.

argh! said:
flyovers are a sad waste of tax payer dollars.

yes, it should be a crime to create pride in your military and your country.

there are far worse wastes in tax payer money then a fly over

Well, it's a little narrow-minded to say that, if you're not into flyovers, then you're somehow unpatriotic or don't have pride in the armed forces...but let's get back to the Kiss-Cam.

Seriously, next time the game gets interrupted because Peter Christian is trying to persuade some people to kiss on camera, somebody should call on campus security to remove Peter from the game. It's every bit as disruptive as a streaker.

Or maybe we could have a flyover in which the Kiss-Cam (or Friz Vision) is destroyed as a practice military maneuver.

AllWeatherFan said:
...if you're not into flyovers, then you're somehow unpatriotic or don't have pride in the armed forces...
Seriously? Unpatriotic? No pride? Give me a break! What if he is wearing a flag lapel pin while he is "not into flyovers"? Would he be patriotic and/or proud then?
:roll:

Personally, I like the flyovers. I think that they are really cool. However, unpatriotic is an assinine accusation.

Don't forget to call him racist and sexist while you are at it. :roll:

argh! said:

ahem....Pilots in the military are required to fly x amount of hours every month to maintain their flight status. There are no tax dollars wasted. They are flying regardless. So to have them fly over Wash/Griz is no cost impact to the tax payers. and with that....More Fly-Overs Please

PolsonGrizFan said:
argh! said:

ahem....Pilots in the military are required to fly x amount of hours every month to maintain their flight status. There are no tax dollars wasted. They are flying regardless. So to have them fly over Wash/Griz is no cost impact to the tax payers. and with that....More Fly-Overs Please
+1

AllWeatherFan said:
Well, it's a little narrow-minded to say that, if you're not into flyovers, then you're somehow unpatriotic or don't have pride in the armed forces...but let's get back to the Kiss-Cam.
WOW!! did you get this from my post? I hardly called him unpatriotic, or not having pride. get a grip

Big One 25 said:
PolsonGrizFan said:
argh! said:

+1
+2

Big One 25 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
WOW!! did you get this from my post? I hardly called him unpatriotic, or not having pride. get a grip

Oops. Misread that one, didn't I? Must have missed the commas, I guess.

:oops:

Back