• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame Show is Fantastic!

1) UM could have the band put on wet suits and walk down the Clark Fork (UM Navy) and then go into the stadium creating an "M".

2) When the Kiss Cam comes on just give it a couple full moons or monte's and that would stop pretty quick

3) Instead of Monte running into the goalpost maybe he and the little guy could run at each other and jump. A new version of Chicken...

4) The way the NEZ is going maybe the school could hook up the aluminum seats to car batteries and when some noise is needed someone could throw the switch and get everybody off their a$$e$.....

5) Butte is a Griz town so the birds that are flying to Bozo would make a "pit"stop....the rest is history.

6) As far as the girbil....well we heard the stories about Brett Michaels and Richard Gere so Peter will have to go from there.

7) If you are going to commercialize it all then have Budweiser sponsor the tailgating with ton of free keggars strategically placed throught the parking areas....do it right

jagur1 said:
WILD_CAT said:
smarsh said:
the golden goose will stop laying eggs in the near future.

The gold goose has flown over to better waters in Bozeman, MT :)

Not a lot of cat bitching about band wagon fans now days.

Not to mention no "One and done" chants from Wildcat in the last 10 Months.

putter said:
4) The way the NEZ is going maybe the school could hook up the aluminum seats to car batteries and when some noise is needed someone could throw the switch and get everybody off their a$$e$.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:
let me see how much wire I got

I think people in Missoula and the long time season ticket holders are forgetting that "familiarity breeds contempt". The entire game day atmosphere might be stale and old and tiresome for you, but don't forget, you are getting older and have seen it over the years. On the other hand, there are new people at every game that are seeing it for the first or second time and drive hundreds of miles in some cases to experience what is, even to those of us who are not in Big Sky country, seen as the greatest show in the upper Rockies between Seattle and Chicago....tradition is a great thing and it is being thrown out the door in many places....I am a stodgy old fart who likes a certain amount of change and variety but built around a core of solid tradition and that is why I loathe the black uniforms that nearly every team sports, the pink reminders of what some us have already been made painfully aware of, the mascot who is criticed for trying to make people happy or excited, and the band that has a little audience and gets little recognition. I remember when the only thing at Dornblaser was the sound of bottles crashing under the sliver ridden bleachers while the Griz were a door mat for the old skyline. I think success is a fleeting thing when it comes to athletics but tradition should not be. Complaining about the "show" is more about being jaded. As long as the Griz can continue to win, the band play the fight song, the cheerleaders, the students, and the mascots, et.al, continue to have fun, why complain...cost? Check out the costs at some Pac 12 schools...the Stanford-USC ticket is $65. Parking is extra, and if you think the UM games are predictable, just try listening to "Fight On for USC" 100 times in 3 hours! They love it...tradition...lots to be said for that.

Why are so many complaining. Not very many show up until the kickoff and miss all the pregame action. Then most leave during half time and do not show up until mid 3rd quarter. Some do not even get to see the fat lady sing. I am glad egrizers that do not attend every game are not in charge of the entertainment! Eh?

Kiss cam is dumb. Yes. Fans are getting older? Who is keeping that phantom stat? Monte is not so great that is true. Does any of this win games? I thought the last game had some exciting offensive plays and Monte had nothing to do with it! Man we need to get a great big complaint dept. for egriz.

Umista said:
Fans are getting older? Who is keeping that phantom stat?

http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/sltc/services/aging/Reports/Map65+2000-2030.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

The%20aging%20population%20in%20the%20US.png

Please note that D2 is represented by the green line.

BleacherCreature said:
when you look at some of the really classic college football venues, they have pregame routines that go back 70-80 years (or more) and are absolutely expected by the fans.

Ohio St.

Considered one of the best. And so basic.

Band entrance. Fight song marching up the field. Other team's fight song back down the field. Script "Ohio". Team entrance. National anthem. Game.

I sold my season tickets this year & have not been to a game yet. I can afford my season tickets no problem, but I refuse to pay the rising prices & deal with the annoying fans.

Imagine you have been eating at a great undiscovered deli for 10 years & then all of a sudden it starts to become trendy, soon more people are showing up but the food is still great so you keep going. After a couple of months you notice that even more people are frequenting the deli but oddly most of them are not even eating, they are just hanging out & socializing, not paying any attention to the food. Also around the time all the newcomers start showing up the food starts going downhill but the prices are now going up higher & higher with no end in sight, the restaurant owner is promoting his other business ventures all over the restaurant & the menu never changes, it is always the same 6-7 sandwiches. Would you keep paying for overpriced, lesser quality food, while having to hang out at a real life Facebook gathering?

I sold my tickets so the U still gets my money & there are still asses in my seats...but I can't be the only one who would rather watch the game on TV where football is the focus & I don't have to deal with a bunch of drunken retards who are there because it is the cool place to be. That is what I have always loved about the playoffs, ticket prices aren't set by the U, far less advertising & most of the social club stays home.

How about hooking the goal post up to a car battery before monte hits it? That'd be fun.....

AllWeatherFan said:
Umista said:
Fans are getting older? Who is keeping that phantom stat?

http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/sltc/services/aging/Reports/Map65+2000-2030.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

The%20aging%20population%20in%20the%20US.png

Please note that D2 is represented by the green line.

I think he has his own line. It's a flatline.

Unwrittengriz said:
I sold my season tickets this year & have not been to a game yet. I can afford my season tickets no problem, but I refuse to pay the rising prices & deal with the annoying fans.

Imagine you have been eating at a great undiscovered deli for 10 years & then all of a sudden it starts to become trendy, soon more people are showing up but the food is still great so you keep going. After a couple of months you notice that even more people are frequenting the deli but oddly most of them are not even eating, they are just hanging out & socializing, not paying any attention to the food. Also around the time all the newcomers start showing up the food starts going downhill but the prices are now going up higher & higher with no end in sight, the restaurant owner is promoting his other business ventures all over the restaurant & the menu never changes, it is always the same 6-7 sandwiches. Would you keep paying for overpriced, lesser quality food, while having to hang out at a real life Facebook gathering?

I sold my tickets so the U still gets my money & there are still asses in my seats...but I can't be the only one who would rather watch the game on TV where football is the focus & I don't have to deal with a bunch of drunken retards who are there because it is the cool place to be. That is what I have always loved about the playoffs, ticket prices aren't set by the U, far less advertising & most of the social club stays home.
excellent post...I know it has been touched on in another thread, but I am so sick of being told to sit down and shut up. It happens every game, and has for years....A few down years may not be the end of the world for griz football. Some fans on here would be dead, for if the Griz don't do well, life seemingly ends, but maybe it would remove some of the tards who are only there to back a winner.

Much easier to sit at home and yell at the tv, then to try and do it at the stadium and be told to shut up. I live 3 miles from the staduim and struggle with the decision every week. If I lived outta town it'd be a no-brainer.

I would like to know what these people are thinking... How the hell are you going to go to a football game and not stand and be loud... WTF is the point of going? Just to go? Confuses the hell out of me.. People are always usually loud at games and stand. The loudness is adrenaline pumping and makes it more exciting. People are expected to stand during games, so why go? If there is anyone on here that has a problem with it please explain.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Big One 25 said:
crackgina said:
The old Monte used to have videos doing spoofs around school or with the cheerleaders. The film students got experience doing them and some were pretty funny. I'm so sick of hearing ad after ad on the loudspeaker. Sell less ads for more money. Then the ad is more likely to be noticed. Not a huge issue but it could be improved greatly.

Everything in the game day experience is commercialized and it makes me sick. That stupid sandwich game is the dumbest thing since the Dodge Red Zone. They took a good thing and sold out. It's the American way. Maybe if the got somebody to sponsor the whole pregame show they would put some effort into it like the old days. Now the only thing they give a rip about is the good ole American dollar. But that is the American way isnt it?

This has been one of my peeves for the last year or so. The whole Griz Vision and PA system is now tuned into making bucks instead of ginning up the crowd. And dont get me started on the announcer. if I have to listen to that gerbil spouting off about a punt when the field goal unit is on the field I will toss my cookies all over the NEZ

Peter Christian referred to himself as "Peter The Gerbil" on his radio show this morning. If he asks for "Dan" in the North End Zone to report to the announcers booth, you'd better just stay seated :eek:

gah-riz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Big One 25 said:
crackgina said:
The old Monte used to have videos doing spoofs around school or with the cheerleaders. The film students got experience doing them and some were pretty funny. I'm so sick of hearing ad after ad on the loudspeaker. Sell less ads for more money. Then the ad is more likely to be noticed. Not a huge issue but it could be improved greatly.

Everything in the game day experience is commercialized and it makes me sick. That stupid sandwich game is the dumbest thing since the Dodge Red Zone. They took a good thing and sold out. It's the American way. Maybe if the got somebody to sponsor the whole pregame show they would put some effort into it like the old days. Now the only thing they give a rip about is the good ole American dollar. But that is the American way isnt it?

This has been one of my peeves for the last year or so. The whole Griz Vision and PA system is now tuned into making bucks instead of ginning up the crowd. And dont get me started on the announcer. if I have to listen to that gerbil spouting off about a punt when the field goal unit is on the field I will toss my cookies all over the NEZ

Peter Christian referred to himself as "Peter The Gerbil" on his radio show this morning. If he asks for "Dan" in the North End Zone to report to the announcers booth, you'd better just stay seated :eek:

thanks for the tip, and dang it I missed Peter's show this morning. :clap:

Making contact with someone about how lame kiss cam, the sandwich eating, the driving thing, the beach balls, etc. are is a good idea but I think the suggestion of going to the UM folks is not going to work. You could have every person in the stands booing during kiss cam and they will still run it as long as some business is sponsoring it and paying money to UM or Learfield or whoever markets all this stuff. If you want it gone - call the business that is paying for it and tell them you will not visit their business as long as they sponsor kiss cam. I heard one time that businesses count contacts from individuals not as 1 opinion but as representing around 1000 people who probably have similar views. It's just that only 1 actually will take the time to call or write. Once the business pulls out there will be no motivation for the marketing people to keep using it. (Of course, whatever replaces it could be much worse.)

Back