• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pregame Show is Fantastic!

I have a new plan: Get a new Miss Monte or a Ms Monte, a dainty clad funny girl. She should be able to do certain things like ride a motorcycle. Perhaps Monte could hang on behind her. She also might try chasing Monte with a broom or club and even hit him a few times. When he hits the goal post and falls down she could beat him again.

I see an endless amount of acting by two new Montes. Throw in the loudspeaker for some spoof and it would end the endless bordum we have begun to expect. Afterall we are the Liberal Arts school we should become original and not some boring muffs doing the same old skit game after game. Hell throw some sex and liberation in this thing. We NEED some fresh acting and a NEW Monte act!

The old Monte used to have videos doing spoofs around school or with the cheerleaders. The film students got experience doing them and some were pretty funny. I'm so sick of hearing ad after ad on the loudspeaker. Sell less ads for more money. Then the ad is more likely to be noticed. Not a huge issue but it could be improved greatly.

crackgina said:
The old Monte used to have videos doing spoofs around school or with the cheerleaders. The film students got experience doing them and some were pretty funny. I'm so sick of hearing ad after ad on the loudspeaker. Sell less ads for more money. Then the ad is more likely to be noticed. Not a huge issue but it could be improved greatly.

Everything in the game day experience is commercialized and it makes me sick. That stupid sandwich game is the dumbest thing since the Dodge Red Zone. They took a good thing and sold out. It's the American way. Maybe if the got somebody to sponsor the whole pregame show they would put some effort into it like the old days. Now the only thing they give a rip about is the good ole American dollar. But that is the American way isnt it?

TheBud said:
Big One 25 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Well, it's a little narrow-minded to say that, if you're not into flyovers, then you're somehow unpatriotic or don't have pride in the armed forces...but let's get back to the Kiss-Cam.
WOW!! did you get this from my post? I hardly called him unpatriotic, or not having pride. get a grip

Oops. Misread that one, didn't I? Must have missed the commas, I guess.

:oops:

All good Bud, I was talking to the allweatherfan.

Umista said:
I have a new plan: Get a new Miss Monte or a Ms Monte, a dainty clad funny girl. She should be able to do certain things like ride a motorcycle. Perhaps Monte could hang on behind her. She also might try chasing Monte with a broom or club and even hit him a few times. When he hits the goal post and falls down she could beat him again.

I see an endless amount of acting by two new Montes. Throw in the loudspeaker for some spoof and it would end the endless bordum we have begun to expect. Afterall we are the Liberal Arts school we should become original and not some boring muffs doing the same old skit game after game. Hell throw some sex and liberation in this thing. We NEED some fresh acting and a NEW Monte act!
Cool...Out and proud lesbian Grizzly....give her a big dog, a chainsaw, and a lumberjack shirt...guaranteed to be a winner...A Griz dyke on a bike....

Big One 25 said:
Everything in the game day experience is commercialized

...the dude that flipped the coin..
...paid $1,100.00 for that little...
...privledge/honor/15 minz of...

... :cool: ...

Tell the spirit squad director. I think it needs to be changed as well.

christie1.anderson[AT]umontana.edu

I also believe the Kid Rock song or whatever needs to be bagged. The Monte is off on his "hey's"...like he never knows when they actually happen. It gets awkward.

The difference in their 80 year old pregame and our 15 year old pregame is that theirs doesn't suck.

The Vol navy, the band playing a march as the players enter the stadium...these things are good. A bear costumed idiot crashing a motorcycle while his retarded mini-me does something stupid is bad.

Not saying we need a Griz Fleet(altho it would be pretty sweet) or a musical entrance to the stadium, but these types of things would greatly add to the game day experience.

Just a few thoughts.

-Barry made Monte. Lets remember he got two offers from NBA teams. But it could be better and I think that's the gripe. At least teach him to ride a motorcycle, hell I would do it for free.

-Demand for tickets is lower than I've ever seen, except when the end zone seats were grass. There is no 2 year wait list for tickets. I know two groups that got new and/or upgraded tickets for the asking. And I've never ever seen $10 homecoming tickets on the street. If I were the powers that be I would be scared from this alone. To take your wife and two kids cost $248 for tickets alone Saturday. I'll be dropping one of my five tickets this year.

Big One 25 said:
crackgina said:

Everything in the game day experience is commercialized and it makes me sick. That stupid sandwich game is the dumbest thing since the Dodge Red Zone. They took a good thing and sold out. It's the American way. Maybe if the got somebody to sponsor the whole pregame show they would put some effort into it like the old days. Now the only thing they give a rip about is the good ole American dollar. But that is the American way isnt it?

This has been one of my peeves for the last year or so. The whole Griz Vision and PA system is now tuned into making bucks instead of ginning up the crowd. And dont get me started on the announcer. if I have to listen to that gerbil spouting off about a punt when the field goal unit is on the field I will toss my cookies all over the NEZ

Question: how much of the decline in pregame excitement/creativity can be attributed to UM's contract with learfield?

wbtfg said:
Question: how much of the decline in pregame excitement/creativity can be attributed to UM's contract with learfield?

A Bunch. They pay UM for the right to do the advertising, and then they have to sell the advertising to make money. Learfield has a huge say in this.

BWahlberg said:
Look uh... if you're coming to the game to watch Monte's intro then uh... well crap nevermind.

I go to Griz games to watch football, my kids come at times to see Monte, they think it's fun to see him, I haven't heard complaints from them about it, yet.

Well then, Brint, lets just get rid of the pregame....and the band....and the cheerleaders....and the big screen and Monte...tell the players to go to the locker rooms right after the game, no more fight song after wins, no more visiting with the kids after the game...we might as well get rid of tailgatng too! I know I am being extreme, but why do we seem to be willing to except par? The Griz games need to offer a great entertainment package for the whole family. jmo

Also an important FACT not to forget in all of this is almost all of the recruits that come here all say the same thing, "The fans, WGS,tradition, and the entire atmosphere makes up a lot of their decision to come here". Yes I would come even if there were no pregame but it simply adds to the excitement to the overall package.

Lady Fan of the Griz said:
The purpose of pregame is to pump up the crowd. Recent pregames fail. More and more people stay at the tailgates till the last minute. I would appreciate it if they would throw out that damn kiss cam.
I agree 100% - The kiss cam MUST GO!!! PLEASE - Totally Stupid from day one!

Back