• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

At least one cat fan gets it.

EastCoastGriz

DONOR
TomCat88 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Note: This is based on how they've done so far, because I really don't have much of an idea how they're gonna do.

1. U of M - These guys have been razor sharp on offense over two games. Even if Appalachian St. and UND are bad on defense, their production has been through the roof. With Oklahoma Panhandle coming in this week, the Griz should hold for a week.
2. EWU - For two games and two drives the Eagles were No. 1, but Toledo may have solved their offense judging by the final 3.5 quarters. If teams can slow down the Eagles, they can be beat. An open week before SHSU on the 28th.
3. MSU - A narrow loss to SMU is all that separates MSU from being No. 1. The losses from injuries is also a factor, but MSU has shown it has great depth so far with Bleskin, Coe, Marshall, Sheridan, and Foster all playing at a very high level.
4. NAU - They struggled against UC Davis, but got the win thanks to a formidable defense that returned three players at each level. NAU has to get going on offense to keep up with the top three.
5. Portland State -This last one was tough to pick, but PSU gave Cal a big scare and has plastered two lower division teams. Cal Poly and SSU might have something to say in weeks to come, but it's PSU for now.

TomCat88 is a pretty sharp shooter. He has good information and is really knowledgable. He's what a football fan is all about.

Nitpicky, I know, but to state, as fact, that they have "great depth" after one game against a D-II opponent may be just a TAD premature. As someone pointed out in another (earlier) thread, they not only lost their pre-season OPOY in McGhee, they also lost their best RECEIVER, by Bleskin moving to QB...I'd say the jury is WAY out on this one until we see Bleskin and Co. perform against FCS-level competition.

EastCoastGriz said:

Note: This is based on how they've done so far, because I really don't have much of an idea how they're gonna do.

1. U of M - These guys have been razor sharp on offense over two games. Even if Appalachian St. and UND are bad on defense, their production has been through the roof. With Oklahoma Panhandle coming in this week, the Griz should hold for a week.
2. EWU - For two games and two drives the Eagles were No. 1, but Toledo may have solved their offense judging by the final 3.5 quarters. If teams can slow down the Eagles, they can be beat. An open week before SHSU on the 28th.
3. MSU - A narrow loss to SMU is all that separates MSU from being No. 1. The losses from injuries is also a factor, but MSU has shown it has great depth so far with Bleskin, Coe, Marshall, Sheridan, and Foster all playing at a very high level.
4. NAU - They struggled against UC Davis, but got the win thanks to a formidable defense that returned three players at each level. NAU has to get going on offense to keep up with the top three.
5. Portland State -This last one was tough to pick, but PSU gave Cal a big scare and has plastered two lower division teams. Cal Poly and SSU might have something to say in weeks to come, but it's PSU for now.

Right now, the Griz have the best front 7 on D, the best O-line, and the best QB in the conference. Our secondary is much improved and made a statement holding Hardin to 45 yards receiving last Saturday :eek: , which will be dam hard for many teams to duplicate. I think at this point in the season, Tomcat is spot on.

AZGrizFan said:
Nitpicky, I know, but to state, as fact, that they have "great depth" after one game against a D-II opponent may be just a TAD premature. As someone pointed out in another (earlier) thread, they not only lost their pre-season OPOY in McGhee, they also lost their best RECEIVER, by Bleskin moving to QB...I'd say the jury is WAY out on this one until we see Bleskin and Co. perform against FCS-level competition.

Totally agree with your comments, but I would not expect Tom to post anything negative about his team. Call it wearing gold/blue colored glasses, but I would be just as guilty if the situation were reversed.

AZGrizFan said:
You have your Bleskins mixed up. Tanner Bleskin is still at receiver; brother Jake Bleskin is the backup QB, now in action with McGhee on the shelf. But receiver Roderick is also out.

Azgrizfan, not to be nit-picky, but you do realize the Cats didn't move Tanner Bleskin from receiver to QB. His younger brother, Jake is the guy currently starting at QB and has never been a receiver for the Cats. Or am I reading your post wrong?

grizcountry420 said:
TomCat88 is a pretty sharp shooter. He has good information and is really knowledgable. He's what a football fan is all about.

They have less idiots than we do.

Ah, thanks for the clarification....I was just repeating something another poster had said earlier last week after McGhee went down....my bad. Wasn't even aware there WERE two Bleskins! :lol: :oops:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EastCoastGriz said:

Right now, the Griz have the best front 7 on D, the best O-line, and the best QB in the conference. Our secondary is much improved and made a statement holding Hardin to 45 yards receiving last Saturday :eek: , which will be dam hard for many teams to duplicate. I think at this point in the season, Tomcat is spot on.

I would also put our RB's in the top 2 tandems and our receiving corps in the top 2-3 in the conference....that's not a bad group!

AZGrizFan said:
Ah, thanks for the clarification....I was just repeating something another poster had said earlier last week after McGhee went down....my bad. Wasn't even aware there WERE two Bleskins! :lol: :oops:
I not sure you or anyone else should care?

In the big picture they'll both be irrelevant

I'm very interested to see how they perform @ SFA.
Should give some good insight of what to expect for the rest of their season.

Bear Axed said:
AZGrizFan said:

I can't see these playmakers doing much this season. I'm not slamming on them beings that they're down but I think 6-6 is about as good as its gonna get for them.

MSU has "Great Depth"... eh Ive seen little in the last couple games.

They may have this alleged "Depth" but lets see it on the field in the next few games.

To say the last game was underwhelming is an understatement. No one in their right mind can walk away from the Mesa game thinking "Wow what amazing depth MSU has!"

Bear Axed said:
AZGrizFan said:

"in the big picture they'll both be irrelevant"....i love that kind of arrogance :clap: :thumb: :clap: :egriz:

Tokyogriz said:

They may have this alleged "Depth" but lets see it on the field in the next few games.

To say the last game was underwhelming is an understatement. No one in their right mind can walk away from the Mesa game thinking "Wow what amazing depth MSU has!"

I think we have 11 guys on the 2deep hurt. So our depth is currently playing.

If msu had injuries like that during kramer cats would have been up a creek with little hope of salvaging a season.

NLGrizFan said:
Bear Axed said:
AZGrizFan said:

I can't see these playmakers doing much this season. I'm not slamming on them beings that they're down but I think 6-6 is about as good as its gonna get for them.

I don't know . I'm interested to see how the cats play SFA. I think more than 26 points will be necessary for them to get a win unless their D is as good as they think it is. Tough to say. I do think they will lose one of their next two. They have a QB who hasn't played much football, which I think will cost them at least 2 wins in DM's absence.

wbtfg said:
Tokyogriz said:

I think we have 11 guys on the 2deep hurt. So our depth is currently playing.

Hope you got more than what was on show last week.

Last week = NOT AMAZING

Latest posts

Back