• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU Bobcat recruits dad tampering with Griz commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
signedbewildered said:
For a second there I thought maybe he was offering the kid free hot dogs or something.

Good lord no! Just cookies, oops I've said too much.

BWahlberg said:
signedbewildered said:
For a second there I thought maybe he was offering the kid free hot dogs or something.

Hrmmmmm, what kind of cookies?

In all seriousness this stuff is obviously very closely scrutinized anymore. As I mentioned in another post this evening, once you type something on the internet it's a bit hard to undo.

signedbewildered said:
BWahlberg said:
signedbewildered said:

Hrmmmmm, what kind of cookies?

In all seriousness this stuff is obviously very closely scrutinized anymore. As I mentioned in another post this evening, once you type something on the internet it's a bit hard to undo.
You mean like how the Seahawks compared their come from behind win yesterday to the struggle Martin Luther King sought to over-come the fight against racism? ;)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12195902/seattle-seahawks-apologize-tweet-comparing-mlk-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A young man worked his ass off to become a legitimate recruit to a football program only to have an idiot father of a player who changed his mind spew stupidity. Congratulations Mr. Brandon for making an exciting time for a young man and turning it into controversy. Hope Angel makes an informed decision and makes the most of it.

This father is an idiot and has NO class! I'm sure if you ever talked with parents of the H.S. teammates of Woody, you would find most thought the same as me.

He's the father of student athlete committed to MSU, that makes him a fan, which means he cannot initiate contact with recruits and advocate for the program he's a fan of. You cannot be a program surrogate, whether you're doing it on your own or at the request of the school. Was Brandom's scholarship offer conditional on his father getting Villaneuva to commit? Hard to prove a negative.

This is dumb, but I doubt anything will come of it. MSU compliance should probably report it, though.

On that note, I've always wondered why there aren't more opposing fans creating compliance issues for a rival team. Not Montana teams, but I bet there are plenty of rich SEC boosters who would love to buy a car or give some cash to a recruit for a rival school. I wonder if that goes on.

CDAGRIZ said:
This is dumb, but I doubt anything will come of it. MSU compliance should probably report it, though.

On that note, I've always wondered why there aren't more opposing fans creating compliance issues for a rival team. Not Montana teams, but I bet there are plenty of rich SEC boosters who would love to buy a car or give some cash to a recruit for a rival school. I wonder if that goes on.

It goes on in the underworld, where normal citizens don't pay any attention..

:cool:

GeauxGriz said:

Here's a quote from the article:

"According to NCAA rules, fans are not allowed to contact prospective student-athletes -- a rule that is rarely, if ever, enforced."

Focusing only on the ncaa rules (and not on whether this type of stuff is okay), where in the ncaa rules does it say that a "fan" can't contact a recruit? What if the person contacting the recruit is not a "fan"? What if person contacting the recruit is a fan of another school?

It seems to me that there is alot of misinformation and incorrect information floating around on this general subject. Again, I'm just curious about what the actual ncaa rule is. By the way, could someone explain to me what twitter is? Ha.

PlayerRep said:
GeauxGriz said:

Here's a quote from the article:

"According to NCAA rules, fans are not allowed to contact prospective student-athletes -- a rule that is rarely, if ever, enforced."

Focusing only on the ncaa rules (and not on whether this type of stuff is okay), where in the ncaa rules does it say that a "fan" can't contact a recruit? What if the person contacting the recruit is not a "fan"? What if person contacting the recruit is a fan of another school?

It seems to me that there is alot of misinformation and incorrect information floating around on this general subject. Again, I'm just curious about what the actual ncaa rule is. By the way, could someone explain to me what twitter is? Ha.

Not sure if youre serious or not, but twitter is a social media site, basically just a more limited platform than facebook. It allows you to "tweet" out what you would like to say in 120 characters or less, so you often get posts that look something like....." damn tuff game 2nite, get back on my grind" haha a lot of times theyre hard to read. You also gain followers and the most popular people are athletes like LeBron James and people like that, they have tons of followers, so whenever he tweets something out, anyone following him can see what he says. Often players do it directly from a locker room, stuff like that so its kinda cool. A nightmare if you're a coach, basically the easiest way for a player to say something stupid directly after it happens...haha hopefully I've clarified it somewhat for you?

statler & waldorf said:
NCAA should be made aware. Love to see the cats titties in a wringer.

I would assume word's gotten out. Mr Brandom deleted all of his tweets.

I wonder what the reaction here would be if the scenario was flip-flopped? I assume most would be quite different and talking about what a dumb rule it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back