• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU Bobcat recruits dad tampering with Griz commit

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTGrizzly said:
I wonder what the reaction here would be if the scenario was flip-flopped? I assume most would be quite different and talking about what a dumb rule it is.

You think most on here would think it's ok if a Griz recruit's dad started tweeting to a bobcat commit telling him that? I know there would be some - but I would be most would think it's pretty low. Most posters on BN didn't think too highly of it.

BWahlberg said:
PTGrizzly said:
I wonder what the reaction here would be if the scenario was flip-flopped? I assume most would be quite different and talking about what a dumb rule it is.

You think most on here would think it's ok if a Griz recruit's dad started tweeting to a bobcat commit telling him that? I know there would be some - but I would be most would think it's pretty low. Most posters on BN didn't think too highly of it.

Dumb? Yes. Do I think it's wrong? No.

There's probably like a 95% chance these guys know each other. I think the dad seems like an idiot, and there are better ways to talk to a kid, but I don't care what he's doing. Angel and his parents can, and will, make their own decision.

PTGrizzly said:
BWahlberg said:
PTGrizzly said:

There's probably like a 95% chance these guys know each other. I think the dad seems like an idiot, and there are better ways to talk to a kid, but I don't care what he's doing. Angel and his parents can, and will, make their own decision.

I agree, obviously I care a bit about the action because it compelled me to make this post. I think it's pretty low to go that route, knowing the kid or not, but that's his decision to do at the end of the day.

PTGrizzly said:
BWahlberg said:
PTGrizzly said:

If that were the case I think a phone call or even a txt would have been more appropriate.

I disagree. I do think it's wrong and I think even an idiot should know better. Freedom of speech is not absolute despite what some believe. While this incident may seem fairly innocuous and inconsequential, what would we say if the young man in question decided not to honor his commitment because someone on social media told him he had made a bad decision?

While I don't see that happening this just doesn't sit well, and it shouldn't. My guess is that Mr. Brandom(?), probably regrets his action because it appears he pulled his tweet's. Nevertheless it is out there.

Good grief. It amazes me the pressures put on these 17 year old kids as it is. The coaches, the recruiters, the trips, their peers, the professional promotional videos, parents taking on the role as agents practically speaking. Add into the mix some nitwit parent with the emotional maturity of a 13 year old and a Twitter account and, frankly, it's not pretty.

I do note some differences. Egriz talks mainly about athletic performances of the respective kids. Bobcat Nation posters are far more likely to see successful recruiting as a personal vindication, an interesting form of projection that sees each recruit as "coup" to be taken.

Look back through some of his other tweets. Tweeting to an MSU coach the cost of plane fare to Bozo for the recruiting trip and asking if they can do any better. There's also one where he tweets another college coach and asks if he can send him film of his "ballin" TE.
The guy just doesn't seem to exude professionalism to me. Maybe it's just me being old and out of the loop regarding tweet etiquette.

grizfnz said:
Look back through some of his other tweets. Tweeting to an MSU coach the cost of plane fare to Bozo for the recruiting trip and asking if they can do any better. There's also one where he tweets another college coach and asks if he can send him film of his "ballin" TE.
The guy just doesn't seem to exude professionalism to me. Maybe it's just me being old and out of the loop regarding tweet etiquette.

Aw man, I would have... but it looks like someone doesn't like me.

grizfnz said:
Look back through some of his other tweets. Tweeting to an MSU coach the cost of plane fare to Bozo for the recruiting trip and asking if they can do any better.
Boy, every coach wants one of "those" kinds of parents. Woody's biggest obstacle in life may be in his house.

grizfnz said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JBlive63/status/553290889972305920[/tweet]

BWahlberg said:
grizfnz said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JBlive63/status/553290889972305920[/tweet]

Good God. Hasn't the guy ever heard of Allegiant? :roll: They fly out of LA, into Vegas, and into Bozeman. Right now it's $179 fricking dollars R/T from Vegas to Bozeman.

BWahlberg said:
grizfnz said:

Haaaaahahahaaahaaa Brint! You got unfriended!!!! I bet if you offered him some of those cookies he would invite you back. Looks like the guy likes cookies.....like REALLY REALLY likes cookies, just sayin'.

MrTitleist said:
Man, people are having a block party on your face this week, aren't they Brint?

Haha, yeah I think the MSU coach changed it back because I saw him as a "suggested follow" a few days ago. I'm obviously not keeping my twitter game on point.

On the other hand it apparently really pissed off one poster on BN to call me a "tool" because I made this thread - so I'm winning there! :thumb:

signedbewildered said:
BWahlberg said:
grizfnz said:

Haaaaahahahaaahaaa Brint! You got unfriended!!!! I bet if you offered him some of those cookies he would invite you back. Looks like the guy likes cookies.....like REALLY REALLY likes cookies, just sayin'.

As a guy who used to REALLY REALLY like cookies I can tell you... he's a guy who REALLY REALLY likes cookies.

AllWeatherFan said:
Think we can get another "woody" thread locked up? :lol:

The last one was my fault. Ted Penis broke into my house, held a gun to my head, and made me make him an eGriz account. I'd send pics, but he's still standing right here.

CDAGRIZ said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Think we can get another "woody" thread locked up? :lol:

The last one was my fault. Ted Penis broke into my house, held a gun to my head, and made me make him an eGriz account. I'd send pics, but he's still standing right here.

That's weird. It's not that hard to make an account. I mean, the account creation process is not impenetrable or anything. That guy was just being a tool.

UMGriz75 said:
Good grief. It amazes me the pressures put on these 17 year old kids as it is. The coaches, the recruiters, the trips, their peers, the professional promotional videos, parents taking on the role as agents practically speaking. Add into the mix some nitwit parent with the emotional maturity of a 13 year old and a Twitter account and, frankly, it's not pretty.

I do note some differences. Egriz talks mainly about athletic performances of the respective kids. Bobcat Nation posters are far more likely to see successful recruiting as a personal vindication, an interesting form of projection that sees each recruit as "coup" to be taken.
It is kinda sad especially when this is about a game which is played seasonally and soon forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back