• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU on SBnation

coachkenelty

I hate that they can talk the talk and walk the walk. I am officially tired of NDSU winning, but respect the fans for now (like to see what happens after a down year or two). I declare that all college divisions National Champs play each other so NDSU can be crowned the true National Champs (forget Clemson or Bama) (SARCASM included for entire last sentence).

What do you think about the article:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/6/10712788/north-dakota-state-fcs-championship-streak

violin said:
I noticed the Bison women's basketball team is also on that list.

Yes, back in the D-II days, Amy Ruley's bb teams ruled the roost........ a testament of how far they have fallen.

Thanks again, guys!

Hardly a week goes by that your are not posting another thread about the mighty Bison.

I really think that someone down in Frisco should give a shout out to egriz.com if they happen to make it on to an ESPN camera.

Well the guy they quoted was just an idiot.....

First he said that no fanbase travels like the Bison..fact????? No bud thats an opinion I garauntee if the Griz ever make it to frisco it will be the same way.

2) I work in Frisco and closely with EDC and City...nobody...ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!! Calls it Bison weekend.

3) While Frisco is a very gracious and generous host...surely to any team that would make it, the city def does not rely on the Bison making it here every year for economic reasons...

This article was such trash and the guy they quoted couldnt have been more of an arrogant moron.

yeager_fan said:
Thanks again, guys!

Hardly a week goes by that your not posting another thread about the mighty Bison.

I really think that someone down in Frisco should give a shout out to egriz.com if they happen to make it on to an ESPN camera.

your-youre.jpg

BadlandsGrizFan said:

First he said that no fanbase travels like the Bison..fact????? No bud thats an opinion I garauntee if the Griz ever make it to frisco it will be the same way.

2) I work in Frisco and closely with EDC and City...nobody...ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!! Calls it Bison weekend.

3) While Frisco is a very gracious and generous host...surely to any team that would make it, the city def does not rely on the Bison making it here every year for economic reasons...

This article was such trash and the guy they quoted couldnt have been more of an arrogant moron.

NDSU and Montana have played twice in the regular season in the past two years. NDSU filled the ticket # allotment in Missoula and purchased extra tickets. When Montana played at NDSU, I don't think they sold even half of their allotment.

Not to be an asshole, but I don't think Montana fans travel as well.

YouTube a video of the games NDSU played against Minnesota in 2006, 2007 and 2011. You can't show me a game the Griz have played in, on the road, with that number of Griz fans in attendence.

2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

NDSU and Montana have played twice in the regular season in the past two years. NDSU filled the ticket # allotment in Missoula and purchased extra tickets. When Montana played at NDSU, I don't think they sold even half of their allotment.

YouTube a video of the games NDSU played against Minnesota in 2006, 2007 and 2011. You can't show me a game the Griz have played in, on the road, with that number of Griz fans in attendence.

There's A LOT of variables that come into play with how a fan base travels.

1.) NDSU had an advantage to purchase all the tickets to the UM game because they had months and months to plan and prepare for the game in late August.

2.) Montana had only a week to purchase tickets for the playoff game. Add the fact that it was winter (vs summer driving for NDSU fans) and you will definitely have less fans traveling for games. That goes for NDSU as well.

3.) NDSU is only 3.5 hours away from the University of Minnesota. Of Course you're going to have a ton of fans attending that game. It's an easy drive. Plus those were early season games. Missoula to Fargo is a 13.6 hour drive (Which we drove).

And the National Championship game also allows several weeks for NDSU fans to plan for tickets, lodging, travel, etc. Montana didn't have that luxury when we played in the title game. Fans only had a week to get the tickets, fly all the way across the country to Tennessee, and still brought over 10,000 fans. To say Montana fans don't travel well is not accurate.

Post something about the NC game on eGriz.com. It won't be long before one of the seemingly 100 T-Buff fans who are on eGriz.com constantly has to pipe up with a "look at me" dance.

T-Buffs fans: the bestest fans in the world; just ask them.

Can we boycott everything NDSU on our board, i'm sick of talking about them. Who the f*** cares about them lets focus of 2016 Montana football

2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Theres absolutely no way thats accurate...I was at the game in Fargo last year. That entire shit sliver section you give to opposing teams fans was packed...same with the tiny box behind the visitors sideline..it was packed....I like many other Griz fans sat scattered in the endzone sections......so you're literally basing what you said off 0 facts.

You're not an asshole for disagreeing....you are an asshole for trying to make an argument based off 0 facts.

get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

1.) NDSU had an advantage to purchase all the tickets to the UM game because they had months and months to plan and prepare for the game in late August.

2.) Montana had only a week to purchase tickets for the playoff game. Add the fact that it was winter (vs summer driving for NDSU fans) and you will definitely have less fans traveling for games. That goes for NDSU as well.

3.) NDSU is only 3.5 hours away from the University of Minnesota. Of Course you're going to have a ton of fans attending that game. It's an easy drive. Plus those were early season games. Missoula to Fargo is a 13.6 hour drive (Which we drove).

And the National Championship game also allows several weeks for NDSU fans to plan for tickets, lodging, travel, etc. Montana didn't have that luxury when we played in the title game. Fans only had a week to get the tickets, fly all the way across the country to Tennessee, and still brought over 10,000 fans. To say Montana fans don't travel well is not accurate.
Excellent points get em. We don't have too many teams we play that are within 3.5 hours, but the last time we played ewu in Joe Albi stadium in Spokane, over 10K griz fans showed up vs. about 7K ewu fans. It was one of the reasons the AD moved the game back to the Cheney HS field where there are limited seats for Griz fans to buy. He understandably didn't like our crowd advantage at an ewu home game. Also when talking with fans from other teams at the NC games I attended, they were always amazed at the number of Griz fans that would show up with only a week to prepare. Bottom line to suggest the Griz don't travel well shows incredible ignorance. To be honest I was underwhelmed by the NDSU fans at this year's game due to being both a smaller group and much quieter group than I was expecting. I felt a great team like that deserved better support.

coachkenelty said:
I hate that they can talk the talk and walk the walk. I am officially tired of NDSU winning, but respect the fans for now (like to see what happens after a down year or two). I declare that all college divisions National Champs play each other so NDSU can be crowned the true National Champs (forget Clemson or Bama) (SARCASM included for entire last sentence).

What do you think about the article:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/6/10712788/north-dakota-state-fcs-championship-streak

If NDSU were playing Alabama on Saturday, Bama would win by about 10 to 14 or so. 30 to 17 type of game.

BadlandsGrizFan said:

Sorry, but we are second when it comes to traveling. They are right. No one travels like them. I don't like them, but I respect them.

get'em_griz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Do not forget all the Bison faithful that live in the Twin Cities

grizatwork said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Sorry, but we are second when it comes to traveling. They are right. No one travels like them. I don't like them, but I respect them.
I disagree because history shows we traveled great, when we were at the top of 1AA. If we can climb back into the top with FCS teams, we will again travel great and with weeks to prepare for NC game (and not traveling during the Christmas travel rush when tix were harder to find and more expensive), you will see some huge Griz crowds in Frisco.

2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

You are right we wouldn't get HALF of the fans in Frisco as you guys do.

We have never had more than 5k at an away game, you guys do 15-20k........it's not even an argument

Hell we don't even fill OUR stadium anymore.....they can say sell out all they want but EVERY game there are thousands of seats not filled.

CDAGRIZ said:
Post something about the NC game on eGriz.com. It won't be long before one of the seemingly 100 T-Buff fans who are on eGriz.com constantly has to pipe up with a "look at me" dance.

T-Buffs fans: the bestest fans in the world; just ask them.
ironymeter2.gif

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

We have never had more than 5k at an away game, you guys do 15-20k........it's not even an argument

Hell we don't even fill OUR stadium anymore.....they can say sell out all they want but EVERY game there are thousands of seats not filled.

You don't think this has anything to do with the "bandwagon" effect for NDSU and U of M? Not being a smartass serious question. I've spent a lot of time in ND and i've seen SO MUCH Bison pride come out of left field. Now granted i've spent 90% of my time in Western ND. But i rarely saw Bison stuff in Western ND till the last 5 or 6 years or so.

The_Real_Chief said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

You don't think this has anything to do with the "bandwagon" effect for NDSU and U of M? Not being a smartass serious question. I've spent a lot of time in ND and i've seen SO MUCH Bison pride come out of left field. Now granted i've spent 90% of my time in Western ND. But i rarely saw Bison stuff in Western ND till the last 5 or 6 years or so.
It's totally bandwagon but they bring numbers no matter how you look at it.

Back