• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU on SBnation

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Well the guy they quoted was just an idiot.....

First he said that no fanbase travels like the Bison..fact????? No bud thats an opinion I garauntee if the Griz ever make it to frisco it will be the same way.

2) I work in Frisco and closely with EDC and City...nobody...ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!! Calls it Bison weekend.

3) While Frisco is a very gracious and generous host...surely to any team that would make it, the city def does not rely on the Bison making it here every year for economic reasons...

This article was such trash and the guy they quoted couldnt have been more of an arrogant moron.

NDSU and Montana have played twice in the regular season in the past two years. NDSU filled the ticket # allotment in Missoula and purchased extra tickets. When Montana played at NDSU, I don't think they sold even half of their allotment.

Not to be an asshole, but I don't think Montana fans travel as well.

YouTube a video of the games NDSU played against Minnesota in 2006, 2007 and 2011. You can't show me a game the Griz have played in, on the road, with that number of Griz fans in attendence.
You are right we wouldn't get HALF of the fans in Frisco as you guys do.

We have never had more than 5k at an away game, you guys do 15-20k........it's not even an argument

Hell we don't even fill OUR stadium anymore.....they can say sell out all they want but EVERY game there are thousands of seats not filled.

Well actually if were talking about facts here...we get more people at every home game than the Bison...so IDK where you're going with this one alphy

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
NDSU and Montana have played twice in the regular season in the past two years. NDSU filled the ticket # allotment in Missoula and purchased extra tickets. When Montana played at NDSU, I don't think they sold even half of their allotment.

YouTube a video of the games NDSU played against Minnesota in 2006, 2007 and 2011. You can't show me a game the Griz have played in, on the road, with that number of Griz fans in attendence.

We have never had more than 5k at an away game, you guys do 15-20k........it's not even an argument

Hell we don't even fill OUR stadium anymore.....they can say sell out all they want but EVERY game there are thousands of seats not filled.

You don't think this has anything to do with the "bandwagon" effect for NDSU and U of M? Not being a smartass serious question. I've spent a lot of time in ND and i've seen SO MUCH Bison pride come out of left field. Now granted i've spent 90% of my time in Western ND. But i rarely saw Bison stuff in Western ND till the last 5 or 6 years or so.
It's totally bandwagon but they bring numbers no matter how you look at it.

Both are correct...you never heard shit about the Bison before 5 years ago ever....now the fans are everywhere. If they have a couple down years i garuantee their fan support slips off.....theyre the cool thing in ND right now. I get it....

Montana fans on the other hand have been around for a very long time...even through the last few not so great years.

Montana had the same bandwagon stuff in 1998-2002.

The problem is a ton of our fans are still unbearable douchebags and we haven't been relevant for a decade.

NDSU is the same way but they can be since they will win 8 in a row. After tomorrow the next 2 years (at least) are theirs as well.

Granted they will never be on Wisconsin-Whitewaters level but they will be the next best thing.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Both are correct...you never heard shit about the Bison before 5 years ago ever....now the fans are everywhere. If they have a couple down years i garuantee their fan support slips off.....theyre the cool thing in ND right now. I get it....

Montana fans on the other hand have been around for a very long time...even through the last few not so great years.

There is nothing cool in North Dakota....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Well the guy they quoted was just an idiot.....

First he said that no fanbase travels like the Bison..fact????? No bud thats an opinion I garauntee if the Griz ever make it to frisco it will be the same way.

2) I work in Frisco and closely with EDC and City...nobody...ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!! Calls it Bison weekend.

3) While Frisco is a very gracious and generous host...surely to any team that would make it, the city def does not rely on the Bison making it here every year for economic reasons...

This article was such trash and the guy they quoted couldnt have been more of an arrogant moron.

Were you at the '09 Champ game? There were way more than 5k at that game.

marceagfan5 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

There is nothing cool in North Dakota....

False: The weather :thumb:

For arguments sake, lets assume there were over 5,000 griz fans at 09 game. That is still significantly less than NDSU has had at any of the last 4 games. If the griz were to make it this past year, we still would not have had more than 5k there.

We have good fans, no, we have great fans, but we are no where near where NDSU is when it comes to traveling.

grizatwork said:
For arguments sake, lets assume there were over 5,000 griz fans at 09 game. That is still significantly less than NDSU has had at any of the last 4 games. If the griz were to make it this past year, we still would not have had more than 5k there.

We have good fans, no, we have great fans, but we are no where near where NDSU is when it comes to traveling.

The games they're REALLY bragging about are the three Minnesota games. THat's like 100 miles from Fargo. Do you think Griz fans might travel better if we were playing a B5 school 2 hours away?

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

The games they're REALLY bragging about are the three Minnesota games. THat's like 100 miles from Fargo. Do you think Griz fans might travel better if we were playing a B5 school 2 hours away?

Of course. I was referring to Frisco.

grizatwork said:

Reallllyyyy?? You dont think we would get 15k griz fans down to Frisco if we made the Natyy??? I think we would...granted it is a far easier drive from Fargo....

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Post something about the NC game on eGriz.com. It won't be long before one of the seemingly 100 T-Buff fans who are on eGriz.com constantly has to pipe up with a "look at me" dance.

T-Buffs fans: the bestest fans in the world; just ask them.
ironymeter2.gif

You'd have to point me in the direction of all the Griz fan posts on T-BuffNation and Bobcatville and EWUboard and StankyStangs.com and every other FCS team's board.

Sometimes I wish AG1 would have never given his password to the Buff fan. It's almost painfully obvious when he logs in.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

Reallllyyyy?? You dont think we would get 15k griz fans down to Frisco if we made the Natyy??? I think we would...granted it is a far easier drive from Fargo....

I would like it, but I don't think so. Even with the extra time allotted for travel, I would guess maybe 6000 to 6500 max.

When you are thinking that Bison fans are the worst possible, or like Alpha, Griz fans are douchiest , imagine what it would be like if the Cats were headed to the Chipper.

CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Post something about the NC game on eGriz.com. It won't be long before one of the seemingly 100 T-Buff fans who are on eGriz.com constantly has to pipe up with a "look at me" dance.

ironymeter2.gif

You'd have to point me in the direction of all the Griz fan posts on T-BuffNation and Bobcatville and EWUboard and StankyStangs.com and every other FCS team's board.

Start here

51iybNzr7JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

BadlandsGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

I would bet one of my houses that we wouldn't. Not even close.

LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

ironymeter2.gif

Start here

51iybNzr7JL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I tried that. All I found was:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Montana had the same bandwagon stuff in 1998-2002.

The problem is a ton of our fans are still unbearable douchebags and we haven't been relevant for a decade.

NDSU is the same way but they can be since they will win 8 in a row. After tomorrow the next 2 years (at least) are theirs as well.

Granted they will never be on Wisconsin-Whitewaters level but they will be the next best thing.

They lose tomorrow. :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back