• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

16 1/2

mtgrizrule said:
As much as I love Akoh in the post and rebounding, he needs to convert more often inside with this opportunities. I actually think he can easily do just that. I don't why or how, but he has gotten into the habit of often shortarming/shotputting his shots from inside 7 feet, that are not lay ins or dunks. He appears to be in a hurry to get his shot off (could be as a result of wanting to beat double teams and the banging). He needs to get back to extending his shooting hand fully, and keep the ball coming off his fingertips. Too many of his shots appear to be coming off the middle of his fingers, or even his palm. Again, nothing to get too worried about. Being he has a good touch from the FT line, I feel the coaches will take care of this pretty easily. He just needs a lot of shooting reps with all types of shots.

Akoh is easily are most efficient player from the field (57% from the field) so I think he has done a great job converting opportunities, including on Saturday.

Speaking of post players, Krslovic has really developed a nice feathery touch with his jump hooks. It looks to me that he actually can be called on to score more, if and when needed. His help defense and defensive awareness is top notch. I've heard many commentators and coaches mention that he is the best post defender in the conference as for holding position and being in the right places. He just isn't a true shotblocker.

Fabs is not only an excellent post defender, he demonstrated his perimeter defense on Saturday by doing an excellent job checking Strings in the 2nd half.

DPGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
As much as I love Akoh in the post and rebounding, he needs to convert more often inside with this opportunities. I actually think he can easily do just that. I don't why or how, but he has gotten into the habit of often shortarming/shotputting his shots from inside 7 feet, that are not lay ins or dunks. He appears to be in a hurry to get his shot off (could be as a result of wanting to beat double teams and the banging). He needs to get back to extending his shooting hand fully, and keep the ball coming off his fingertips. Too many of his shots appear to be coming off the middle of his fingers, or even his palm. Again, nothing to get too worried about. Being he has a good touch from the FT line, I feel the coaches will take care of this pretty easily. He just needs a lot of shooting reps with all types of shots.

Akoh is easily are most efficient player from the field (57% from the field) so I think he has done a great job converting opportunities, including on Saturday.

Speaking of post players, Krslovic has really developed a nice feathery touch with his jump hooks. It looks to me that he actually can be called on to score more, if and when needed. His help defense and defensive awareness is top notch. I've heard many commentators and coaches mention that he is the best post defender in the conference as for holding position and being in the right places. He just isn't a true shotblocker.

Fabs is not only an excellent post defender, he demonstrated his perimeter defense on Saturday by doing an excellent job checking Strings in the 2nd half.

DP, I am not saying that he is not efficient. However, he has missed quite a few close shots as well. He gets plenty opportunities. What I am saying, he is leaving some points off the board, because he is shortarming many of his shots. He could be adding another 4 to 6 points per game if he slightly improved on this. By no mean, am I detracting from what he has done. He is one hell of a player.

I agree, rule. In fact I mentioned something to that effect a couple games ago in a game thread where I said it seemed like he was “rushing” his shot, sometimes even before he was looking at the rim....he’d DESTROY teams if he’d just clean that up....be all BSC first team. And we’d be undefeated in conference.

Oh. wait. Never mind.

mtgrizrule said:
DPGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

DP, I am not saying that he is not efficient. However, he has missed quite a few close shots as well. He gets plenty opportunities. What I am saying, he is leaving some points off the board, because he is shortarming many of his shots. He could be adding another 4 to 6 points per game if he slightly improved on this. By no mean, am I detracting from what he has done. He is one hell of a player.

Well even the best players could be a little better but I haven't seen a consistent mechanical issue with Akoh that's limiting him in the post. If there's one thing that's hurting his post game, I'd say it's our lack of outside shooting limiting his space to work.

DPGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:
DPGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

Well even the best players could be a little better but I haven't seen a consistent mechanical issue with Akoh that's limiting him in the post. If there's one thing that's hurting his post game, I'd say it's our lack of outside shooting limiting his space to work.
We agree on that. Another reason to find more open looks for Moorehead, Falls, etc.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Mavman said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Mavman said:
Took a three teamer tonight Weber, Washington and Boise st
Boise cost me 🤬

Boise was just saving you the agony of the Washington game.

Washington was getting 6
So I was ok.

Guess I didn't realize anyone would get points against OSU, my bad.

Me either which is why I jumped on it. I really liked BSU giving only 3 too. Should have known, been giving Boise St money for 6 years for the two kids education, should have known they would take my money on a bet too. :lol: :evil:

DPGriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

I think this will be one of the keys on how we do against EW on Thursday night as well. Bobby will probably have the responsibility of guarding Bliznyuk in the first half, but Fab has had success against him the past and I'm sure he'll be Fab's responsibility in the second.

I've been a lurker on this site for a while....I actually think you guys will have more difficulty with EWU than the vandies. I watched the sac state game on pluto and UM can turn you over in bunches and Idaho has had difficulty taking care of the ball at times....I love vic sanders but he tries to do too much and coughs it up occasionally.
I watched the Bliznyuk in person in the kibbie dome....I didn't think he was that overpowering a presence he was 6-18 from the field. I didn't think he was that impressive off the dribble and couldn't generate space as good as vic sanders or perion callendret for Idaho. They said he was ill during the game, but who knows....should be a fun sequence of games for the sky.

kjvandal said:
I've been a lurker on this site for a while....I actually think you guys will have more difficulty with EWU than the vandies. I watched the sac state game on pluto and UM can turn you over in bunches and Idaho has had difficulty taking care of the ball at times....I love vic sanders but he tries to do too much and coughs it up occasionally.
I watched the Bliznyuk in person in the kibbie dome....I didn't think he was that overpowering a presence he was 6-18 from the field. I didn't think he was that impressive off the dribble and couldn't generate space as good as vic sanders or perion callendret for Idaho. They said he was ill during the game, but who knows....should be a fun sequence of games for the sky.

Welcome to the board, KJ!

I wish I shared your optimism. I think both games on this road trip will be a struggle. At least -- by #bsc standards -- the travel isn't too awful.

We could lose either game, or both. But I think we'll at least get a split. The average margin of victory is high enough this year that it demonstrates a fairly substantial difference between the Griz and the rest of the pack. And the rest of the pack, overall, is pretty good. I suspect that DeCuire has a few tricks up his sleeve in preparation for the league tournament. But the first step is going out and earning the top seed.

Latest posts

Back