• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Griz Football Recruiting- 4 Transfers/ 17 Verbals/ 4 WO's

Anybody know why Calhouns not announced on Facebook or Umgrizzly_fb twitter page or on Gogriz.com? Were they announced in Kalispell social?

havgrizfan said:
Lind won't be without a scholly for long at UM. He's the real deal.

this is what I was thinking as I watched his tape.....this could be the next "big deal" walk on at Montana....he can flat out get after people...welcome to griz nation mr lind......

Payton,

I have searched all over for recruiting ratings and can't find 2-stars for these two Montana boys as you have noted:

WR Holden Ryan 6'2" 210 (BillingsCentral) Billings, MT (2-Star)
WR Dalton Daum 6'1" 180 (Butte High) Butte, MT (2-Star)

I do think they are both exceptional prospects! Just curious what your rating source is. Thanks!

At the event Stitt said he was waiting on a WR and RB recruit to round out this class. Plus the family and players announced it on Twitter. The Calhouns are coming. Don't worry.

I just got back from the Kalispell recruiting social. The event sold out. Many people were standing out to the exits. I joked with Kent about needing 2 conference rooms next year. I met Coach Stitt, what a positive, humble, and confident coach. Very impressed with him. Great to see see and hear from Mike Ferriter and Andrew Selle. They will bleed GRIZ for their whole life. Coach Stitt took a lot of time talking about the MT kids. He had great things to say about every recruit. He was very even keeled when talking about each recruit. He really did not give away who he thought would be the gem of the class. Gregorak said a goal of his is to have 2 Flathead Valley kids, Sandry and Epperly as 1st team all conference safeties in their time here.

I can only add a little to what was already posted earlier from the press conference. Coach Stitt sold me on him being committed to Montana High School recruits. He referenced not letting any Montana player fall between the cracks.

The subject of QB came up he admitted, until he gets to see them on the field, it is hard to evaluate at this point. He also added that his offense is not about the best running or fastest QB. He made extra emphasis on the ability to read defenses, and make quick decisions. He said it is nice when his QB can make things happen with his legs, when needed, but that is a very small part of what he looks for. He calls a base play, and within that play, there can be up to 30 different things for the QB to do, based on the situation and defense. I now see why Weyer and Gustafson are staying. They have every bit the chance to start as every other QB.

I also found it interesting, he has 2 WR coaches on staff. 1 for inside WR's, and 1 for outside WR's because of how diverse the offense is for WR's. He said the only time we will use more traditional TE and FB sets are in goal line situations, now and then. For the most part his offense will spread the field. The offense has 4 areas as options every play. He kept it simple for everyone in attendance tonight. Coach Stitt could have talked offensive football forever.

He was asked about defensive changes from the last few years. He laughed and said that is for Ty to determine. It sounds to me, Ty will be 100% in charge of the defense. When asked about the kickers, again he laughed and said "All they need to do is get really good at extra points."

Just a great overall event. I am excited for GRIZ football. Then again, that is nothing new.

I need to add, he did not once refer to the CATS or MSU. He referenced to them as another in state school. He has a little Bobby Hauck in him too. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
I just got back from the Kalispell recruiting social. The event sold out. Many people were standing out to the exits. I joked with Kent about needing 2 conference rooms next year. I met Coach Stitt, what a positive, humble, and confident coach. Very impressed with him. Great to see see and hear from Mike Ferriter and Andrew Selle. They will bleed GRIZ for their whole life. Coach Stitt took a lot of time talking about the MT kids. He had great things to say about every recruit. He was very even keeled when talking about each recruit. He really did not give away who he thought would be the gem of the class. Gregorak said a goal of his is to have 2 Flathead Valley kids, Sandry and Epperly as 1st team all conference safeties in their time here.

I can only add a little to what was already posted earlier from the press conference. Coach Stitt sold me on him being committed to Montana High School recruits. He referenced not letting any Montana player fall between the cracks.

The subject of QB came up he admitted, until he gets to see them on the field, it is hard to evaluate at this point. He also added that his offense is not about the best running or fastest QB. He made extra emphasis on the ability to read defenses, and make quick decisions. He said it is nice when his QB can make things happen with his legs, when needed, but that is a very small part of what he looks for. He calls a base play, and within that play, there can be up to 30 different things for the QB to do, based on the situation and defense. I now see why Weyer and Gustafson are staying. They have every bit the chance to start as every other QB.

I also found it interesting, he has 2 WR coaches on staff. 1 for inside WR's, and 1 for outside WR's because of how diverse the offense is for WR's. He said the only time we will use more traditional TE and FB sets are in goal line situations, now and then. For the most part his offense will spread the field. The offense has 4 areas as options every play. He kept it simple for everyone in attendance tonight. Coach Stitt could have talked offensive football forever.

He was asked about defensive changes from the last few years. He laughed and said that is for Ty to determine. It sounds to me, Ty will be 100% in charge of the defense. When asked about the kickers, again he laughed and said "All they need to do is get really good at extra points."

Just a great overall event. I am excited for GRIZ football. Then again, that is nothing new.

I need to add, he did not once refer to the CATS or MSU. He referenced to them as another in state school. He has a little Bobby Hauck in him too. :thumb:

thanks mgr for the time and effort to write this summary....I found it very informative... :thumb:

..also sounds like Eric Prater was working on some type of papers with the military to get his transfer completed and that happened today per his twitter account. So he's on board as well.

I further want to add to the assholes that may have dogged Alex Neale or Cody Baker...both of them very classy today wishing the Griz nothing but the best. Sometimes you boo birds need to keep your mouths shut. More often, the higher road is better paved down the line. We've seen it many times before. If their schools don't work out for them, often they will look to the next place they were considering from the beginning.

krammer said:
mtgrizrule said:

thanks mgr for the time and effort to write this summary....I found it very informative... :thumb:

Thanks, I also liked when Stitt was talking about expectations and him knowing what this program and fans are about. He threw in something like "Winning is expected here. We expect to win every game." Not his exact words, but he did place an emphasis on how important winning is here, and he expects to win .

Stitt really gets the "in-state" component; it isn't that MSU is a particular competitive threat on the field, but it has been for recruiting. Stitt aims to shut that down, it certainly happened this year, and he understands why it has to, and will, happen in the future. He aims to ensure that MSU becomes a third-class program by choking off the Montana air supply. Gathering from Ash's bitter remarks today, Ash gets it too. I think it sunk in to Ash today that he can't stay in the game against Stitt.

Please don't let the Calhoun brothers become the Kessman brothers or the Rodamer brothers. That just seems to happen to the Griz too often when the player is tagged with the term "3-star"

havgrizfan said:
Please don't let the Calhoun brothers become the Kessman brothers or the Rodamer brothers. That just seems to happen to the Griz too often when the player is tagged with the term "3-star"
Who was the the player a couple years ago who claimed to have signed and the coaches said they had never heard of him? That was bizarre

Kinda like that Cat QB a few years ago...what was his name Farheed blah blah im awesome. At least he showed up to campus, so there's that...

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Kinda like that Cat QB a few years ago...what was his name Farheed blah blah im awesome. At least he showed up to campus, so there's that...
Farhad Azimi. Krammer's first QB recruit.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Farhad Azimi. Krammer's first QB recruit.

havgrizfan said:
They are not listed on gogriz.com Does anyone have a clue as to what the story is?

UMGriz75 said:
Stitt really gets the "in-state" component; it isn't that MSU is a particular competitive threat on the field, but it has been for recruiting. Stitt aims to shut that down, it certainly happened this year, and he understands why it has to, and will, happen in the future. He aims to ensure that MSU becomes a third-class program by choking off the Montana air supply. Gathering from Ash's bitter remarks today, Ash gets it too. I think it sunk in to Ash today that he can't stay in the game against Stitt.

I was listening to a recap of Pac 12 recruits tonight and Rick Neuheisel said that both Oregon and Washington State University did not sign kids from their own states today. He suggested that both missed how important it is to recruit your state.

I can easily understand Oregon not signing Oregon kids but Washington State? Where are they getting their recruits? Are they focusing on the tri-state hotbeds of Idaho, South Dakota and Alaska?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
havgrizfan said:
They are not listed on gogriz.com Does anyone have a clue as to what the story is?

They signed their LOI late in the day at a school ceremony and gogriz.com did not update.

Latest posts

Back