• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Season Predictions

SACCAT66 said:
The Cats will be the greatest team in the history of football playing times. We have the 3 best QB's in the country, our O-line averages 330 across the board, and can run sub 5 40's. Our WR's are 12 deep and the top 6 would start for Oregon (and would but they all wanted to be Chemical Engineers). I don't see us having much of an issue with anyone on our schedule...Here is how I see it

FORT LEWIS--W
Eastern Washington--W
CAL POLY--W
Northern Arizona--W
SACRAMENTO STATE--W
Portland State--W
EAST TENNESSEE STATE--W
North Dakota--W

Cats Finish 8-0.

:lol: I see what you did there. Nice work! :thumb:

get'em_griz said:
SACCAT66 said:
The Cats will be the greatest team in the history of football playing times. We have the 3 best QB's in the country, our O-line averages 330 across the board, and can run sub 5 40's. Our WR's are 12 deep and the top 6 would start for Oregon (and would but they all wanted to be Chemical Engineers). I don't see us having much of an issue with anyone on our schedule...Here is how I see it

FORT LEWIS--W
Eastern Washington--W
CAL POLY--W
Northern Arizona--W
SACRAMENTO STATE--W
Portland State--W
EAST TENNESSEE STATE--W
North Dakota--W

Cats Finish 8-0.

:lol: I see what you did there. Nice work! :thumb:
Haha! Good work SACCAT

Raider said:
HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Grizzly Oredigger said:
9-2

North Dakota State L
Cal Poly W
at Liberty W (I debated this game or Idaho St., however, I hope to be at this game, so hopefully they win!)
Northern Arizona W
at UC Davis W
Weber State W
North Dakota W
@ Portland State W
@ Idaho State L
Eastern Washington W
@Montana State W

Offense: Joshua Janssen
Defense: Zach Peevey

You guys never cease to amaze me with your unbridled optimism. Brand new coaches, radically new, unconventional offense and there are going to be no growing pains? No way in hell you go 4-0 against Cal Poly, Liberty, EWU, and MSU. :roll:

this is the largest "pot calling kettle black" statement I've ever heard. There is no optimism greater than bobcat optimism each and every season. it is groundhogs day each year for you guys. Every spring and fall you are going to have the best offense and an amazing defense and make a run to the national title and then when everything blows up in November you want to fire your coach. The consistency of this happening is incredible yet bobcat optimism remains true.

Nope, I'm usually pretty close with my predictions in the FCS, and I'm realistic. I did miss our record last year by one... I predicted 9 wins but we only got 8. Obviously my view is that Cat\griz would have played out a lot differently had Dakota not gone down. Still I ended up pretty close though. I'll take 1 +-1 record.

You beat me to it. Spot on. There is nothing more ironic that a Bobcat fan talking preseason optimism.

Wait, so if "Dakota wouldn't have gone down" the game would have gone differently? Does that mean 34-10? Because the Cats got their asses handed to them in every part of the game. It was kinda HS versus College looking. They wouldn't have won with Marcus Mariota under center. Just not enough talent elsewhere to get it done.

This is an interesting read now that we are a few games into it. As I mentioned last night, I see potential and I'm optimistic. Not even cautiously optimistic, I'm not over optimistic I'm just optimistic when these kids and the new coach start clicking things will come together. We just need to clean things up a bit. Maybe in the process of learning this new system we have let the fundamentals slide a bit.

I see us getting tighter throughout the season and am REALLY looking forward to a couple of years down the road when the players are really starting to grasp Stitts style and when he has recruits to work with that were sought out specifically for his system.

That is all.

Bump. I believe I found the thread you were looking for, Signedbewildered.

Interesting to read back on everyone's predictions!

get'em_griz said:
Bump. I believe I found the thread you were looking for, Signedbewildered.

Interesting to read back on everyone's predictions!

Thanks get'em, this is the one I was searching for last evening.

SloStang said:
Paytonlives said:
9-2

Poly, ISU and Jerry Falwell are all pretenders.

L's to ND State
and ewu or msu...

Things would sure seem different with a W on opening night!

Offense- Brady G
Defense- Kendrick Van Ackeren
The pretender Poly beat the Griz by 20 last year and they return 9+ starters on offense including a third year stater at QB that ran for over 200 yards on the Griz. The defense return 6 starters and filled in the gaps with some impact transfers. Oh, and we return our head coach and will not be learning a whole new offense with an inexperienced QB. We shall see who the pretender is. I do not believe it will be the Mustangs.

I like this one. Best line - SloStang - "we shall see who the pretender is. I do not believe it will be the Mustangs."

Well Slo. You may have beat us early in the year, but it appears as though you were indeed a pretender.

Catsrback76 said:
I'm saying 7-4 is realistic for the griz. Tough opening 4 weeks and a loss to the Cats but every other week it's any given Saturday...so I see a nice first year for Stitt!

Well, he got the record right. This season has been so up and down with injuries. We lost to teams that we shouldn't have as well as beaten teams no one thought we would. Yet here we are, second round of the playoffs and a rematch with NDSU! God it's good to be a Griz!

reinell30 said:
I believe the season will have ups and downs. I believe there will be a lot of surprises. I believe we will win as many games as we do, and I also believe we will lose as many as we do. The main thing is, I believe!

Solid prediction!

The only thing this thread reminded me of is how big of a wack job Steve Dill really is!!!

Paytonlives said:
9-2

Poly, ISU and Jerry Falwell are all pretenders.

L's to ND State
and ewu or msu...

Things would sure seem different with a W on opening night!

Offense- Brady G
Defense- Kendrick Van Ackeren

Nailed the offensive and defensive players IMO. Jamaal and Gus tie for offensive importance, but Jamal was expected.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Catsrback76 said:
I'm saying 7-4 is realistic for the griz. Tough opening 4 weeks and a loss to the Cats but every other week it's any given Saturday...so I see a nice first year for Stitt!

Well, he got the record right. This season has been so up and down with injuries. We lost to teams that we shouldn't have as well as beaten teams no one thought we would. Yet here we are, second round of the playoffs and a rematch with NDSU! God it's good to be a Griz!

Well, looks like we have a winner! What are you going to get me for Christmas? :clap:

Catsrback76 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Catsrback76 said:

Well, looks like we have a winner! What are you going to get me for Christmas? :clap:

You could ask your Uncle Ted Turner to get you a stadium. :coffee:

Back