• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 MT Football Gatorade Player of the Year...

bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:
Congrats to Gabe= future Griz All- American return man and WR = (Mark Mariani #2~~ under Hauck) You made the right choice my man!!! Choke is trash talking Hauck and he will eat his words!!! Choke and Gregorac will both be kissing Bobby Haucks feet before it's over!!!
Choate and staff are doing very well with Montana recruits. They have almost double the number the Griz have on the roster. Troy Anderson is going to be a great one. Nolan Askelson is not that far behind Sulser. Choate and staff will continue to do well. A lot has to do with what these kids are looking to major in. The STEM degrees at MSU is a huge attraction. Yes, Hauck will get his share but that is to be expected. No big deal.

I believe in most circles this is called whistling past the graveyard.

Paytonlives said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:
Congrats to Gabe= future Griz All- American return man and WR = (Mark Mariani #2~~ under Hauck) You made the right choice my man!!! Choke is trash talking Hauck and he will eat his words!!! Choke and Gregorac will both be kissing Bobby Haucks feet before it's over!!!
Choate and staff are doing very well with Montana recruits. They have almost double the number the Griz have on the roster. Troy Anderson is going to be a great one. Nolan Askelson is not that far behind Sulser. Choate and staff will continue to do well. A lot has to do with what these kids are looking to major in. The STEM degrees at MSU is a huge attraction. Yes, Hauck will get his share but that is to be expected. No big deal.
Don’t count askelson just yet

Those things happen. It goes both ways. Nothing is certain with anyone until they sign. Choate and staff have built strong relationships around the State with Robertson, Armstrong and Matt Miller. Choate is an excellent recruiter and MSU has a lot to sell as evidenced by the strong enrollment of almost 17,000 now.

Dillon said:
Congrats to Gabe - What a great high school career! Let's keep it rolling at UM. So will he red shirt? Future looks bright in Maroon & Silver!

Senior couldn't keep him off the field as a freshman. I think he scored 10 TDs.

bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

There is no such player on MSU's roster as Troy Anderson. Geez, for a die-hard Cat fan as you like to say you are, spell the damn kid's name right.

George Ferguson said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

There is no such player on MSU's roster as Troy Anderson. Geez, for a die-hard Cat fan as you like to say you are, spell the damn kid's name right.

Wow, a little sensitive are you? Andersen okay! In any event, he is going to be a great one.

bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

Yeah mostly agree. I think it goes both ways. MSU has some degrees that UM don’t offer and that is something but UM does too. I think it would interesting to see how many of the football players there are actually pursuing those degrees. I think it’s a lower number than you’d think. As usual, most of these Montana recruits are either one or the other growing up with family ties or what not, and that’s the big pull. You are not going convince a Troy Anderson or Jaxen Hashley to come to UM just like it’s pretty tough to get Nick Germer, Colten Curry or even Sulser to go MSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

Yeah mostly agree. I think it goes both ways. MSU has some degrees that UM don’t offer and that is something but UM does too. I think it would interesting to see how many of the football players there are actually pursuing those degrees. I think it’s a lower number than you’d think. As usual, most of these Montana recruits are either one or the other growing up with family ties or what not, and that’s the big pull. You are not going convince a Troy Anderson or Jaxen Hashley to come to UM just like it’s pretty tough to get Nick Germer, Colten Curry or even Sulser to go MSU.

I agree. My point is that in a lot of cases it is what the young man is interested in pursuing for a degree. Also, as you state, family ties are huge. By the way, you spelled Anderson wrong too. George Ferguson is going to scold you-lol! I think the most common spelling is Anderson. However, it is Troy Andersen. We learn something new every day!

bigsky33 said:
dayday said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

I agree. My point is that in a lot of cases it is what the young man is interested in pursuing for a degree. Also, as you state, family ties are huge. By the way, you spelled Anderson wrong too. George Ferguson is going to scold you-lol! I think the most common spelling is Anderson. However, it is Troy Andersen. We learn something new every day!

I’ll leave that to you as the Cat fan to spell your player’s name correctly but trust me I know who he is after what he did to us. He’s a good young player for you guys.

bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

Man there are idiot cats fans everywhere but none are bigger than you. Why even come on here to spew that nonsense. You do realize the Griz have 5 of the top 6 MT kids committed already and like 7 out of the 10 top MT kids all together. It's funny you mentioned Askelson as your go to. Yep we want him, too and they are making that very known.

dayday said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

You never know on the family ties. I know a kid going into his senior year that has as strong a tie to the Griz as you can get but really likes the MSU campus and would likely go there if offered.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

Man there are idiot cats fans everywhere but none are bigger than you. Why even come on here to spew that nonsense. You do realize the Griz have 5 of the top 6 MT kids committed already and like 7 out of the 10 top MT kids all together. It's funny you mentioned Askelson as your go to. Yep we want him, too and they are making that very known.[/quote

Hooked, what an ass hat you are. The last couple of years the Cats got the top recruits. Varies from year to year. We have almost double The MT kids on the roster. It is not nonsense that players pick schools because of academic interest or family ties as well as coaching staffs. MSU is crushing you guys in overall enrollment. That is not nonsense either.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
i_the_sky said:

Man there are idiot cats fans everywhere but none are bigger than you. Why even come on here to spew that nonsense. You do realize the Griz have 5 of the top 6 MT kids committed already and like 7 out of the 10 top MT kids all together. It's funny you mentioned Askelson as your go to. Yep we want him, too and they are making that very known.[/quote

Hooked, what an ass hat you are. The last couple of years the Cats got the top recruits. Varies from year to year. We have almost double The MT kids on the roster. It is not nonsense that players pick schools because of academic interest or family ties as well as coaching staffs. MSU is crushing you guys in overall enrollment. That is not nonsense either.

The bigger issue "jungle cat/Vernon Adams full of crapper" is you use a "Gatorade Player of the Year" honoring Gabe Sulser to come on and spout off about Choke and recruiting. That's the part that makes you an idiot. I had to spell it out to you otherwise you'd never pick it up. Back to the jungle pussy cat.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

The bigger issue "jungle cat/Vernon Adams full of crapper" is you use a "Gatorade Player of the Year" honoring Gabe Sulser to come on and spout off about Choke and recruiting. That's the part that makes you an idiot. I had to spell it out to you otherwise you'd never pick it up. Back to the jungle pussy cat.

If you read the entire post idiot, you would see I was replying to I-the-sky’s stupid post. Nothing to do with Sulser. He is a great recruit and well deserved Gatorade Player of the Year. Too many doobies for you tonight Hooker. Don’t be late for your shift at McDonalds.

HookedonGriz said:

Exactly right. This isn't the thread to talk all about Chatchie's recruiting of players who could someday have more quality losses than any other class in the history of everdom.

I just checked out his Senior highlight film, WOW!!!

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/gabe-sulser/t_FcgCRNEeS00gAmVebEWg/videos.htm

He has 3 records for MT high school, all class, plus many others I'm sure

50 TD's Receptions
4,007 receiving yards
261 Receptions
That's over 15 yards every time he caught the ball
A touchdown a little over every 5th catch

Good work Gabe! *Your best days are still ahead.. Coach Hauck will make JLM an All American return man and WR then you will be next! Your timing is perfect and I am anxiously waiting to watch you excel under coach Hauck! Go Griz!

Congrats to Sulser, he's a hell of a player and it'll be fun to see what he can do at the next level. AZgriz is right, everyone should be glad he's not a couple inches taller because he's a Pac12 caliber athlete all day long if he's 6' or taller with those stats, and speed/quickness.

Payton's right also, not counting Askelson until he signs on the dotted line. He's a good one too and I hope the Cats can hold on, but it's no secret the Griz are pushing for him. Hauck doesn't mess around when it comes to recruiting.

These things are always cyclical year to year. The Cats have had arguably the better MT class the last couple years but this year you can't argue the griz's class looks great. It's great for the state and great for the kids when both programs go after the in state kids like this and value them like this.

Does he turn out having a similar impact in the BSC as Kupp?

Disclaimer: have never had my head out over my skis, but have gone over the handlebars of the motorcycle. Explains a lot, I know.

Not sure what “cart before the horse”, “counting chickens”, & getting ahead of myself really means.

Back