• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 MT Football Gatorade Player of the Year...

Congrats to Sulser, the kid is FANTASTIC! 4-year All-Stater. Talk about rare.

And he's the nicest kid too, Will fit the MONTANA character role to the T.

Very excited to watch this play-maker join his buddy, the Griz O scout team MVP and also former Gatorade Player of the Year..

IntuitiveGriz said:

Very excited to watch this play-maker join his buddy, the Griz O scout team MVP and also former Gatorade Player of the Year..

Don't think that's gonna happen

grizzfam said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Can you expand on your comment please?

grizzfam said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

?¿?¿?¿?

GrizMusician said:
grizzfam said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Can you expand on your comment please?
Last years GPOY is not getting a real opportunity, that's how I see it

Everybody redshirted. How is Nate not getting an opportuntuy? Playing QB in Stitt’s offense early required a Mensa card, or the next best thing was a year of actually learning it. If he stays @ QB, he’ll get a shot @ showing yet he can do.

Funny watching his highlights, he had a 40 TD run out of the wild cat formation. Everyone and I mean everyone on the defense knows who is getting the ball. He is almost 10 yards behind center so after the snap all the linebackers and DB's have a bead on him. Bee's to honey, and of course he cuts through them all like a hot knife through butter and pulls away from everyone for a 40 yard TD run.

So with him and JLM in the same backfield...... What can we do? I can't wait to see.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Funny watching his highlights, he had a 40 TD run out of the wild cat formation. Everyone and I mean everyone on the defense knows who is getting the ball. He is almost 10 yards behind center so after the snap all the linebackers and DB's have a bead on him. Bee's to honey, and of course he cuts through them all like a hot knife through butter and pulls away from everyone for a 40 yard TD run.

So with him and JLM in the same backfield...... What can we do? I can't wait to see.

Other than creative matchups, neither will be in the backfield very often. They (Sulser and JLM) are WR's. In passing downs, I wouldn't mind seeing either or both running routes from the backfield. Plus, the GRIZ are pretty deep at HB. There won't be much need to be lining up WRs in the backfield.

Fushiznitz said:
I get that he is only 5' 10". But I bet he gives Hill a run for the #2 spot next year. If not, you find a place for him on the field. He is that special.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4231084/nate-dick

Back to this year's winner-

Watch Nate's Gatorade POTY video, at about the 50 second mark. Nate isn't slow by any stretch, and watch who comes from way behind him to put up an awesome block. Yep. #7. This year's winner.

I consider myself very lucky to have been able to watch these two in my backyard the last few years. 'Special' doesn't do either of them justice. Now, if we can just turn the 3rd Musketeer......

Doubt Bobby will be able to get Askelson to switch, stranger things have happened. Really of the top players in the state, he's the lasts one the Griz don't have. He's a great player, good kid.

VimSince03 said:
cclarkblues said:
Sulser and Askelson were members of the Billings Big Sky team that went to the final game in the 2011 Little League World Series.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/b..._16a4547f-c3b4-57cc-8fbc-47c3e0c7b3ee.html

That was actually Nolan's older brother Ben.

Correct, and they didn't make it to the final game either. They made it to the U.S. Championship game, which was still an incredible run. Interesting side note too about that team, one thing I truly dislike about how serious little league BB is these days, is how they portray all these kids as future super star baseball players. Look at the Billings roster, and not even all of those kids still played baseball at the Legion level, which is quite common actually, in spite of how they're portrayed on ESPN when they're 12.

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/football/former-billings-senior-qb-nate-dick-transferring-from-montana-to/article_59650ec4-daaa-5d47-8528-fbe7d25f3f9c.html

grizzfam said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Good call!

http://missoulian.com/sports/high-school/football/former-billings-senior-qb-nate-dick-transferring-from-montana-to/article_0c5acfe1-d960-5a1e-987c-5e3c7ede5f6b.html

This is why rumors on here should not be blocked/banned by the mods.

G-BEARS said:
grizzfam said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Good call!

http://missoulian.com/sports/high-school/football/former-billings-senior-qb-nate-dick-transferring-from-montana-to/article_0c5acfe1-d960-5a1e-987c-5e3c7ede5f6b.html

This is why rumors on here should not be blocked/banned by the mods.
Well...I sure hope that other rumor is a hoax

Back