• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 SPRING SCRIMMAGE -- APRIL 22 -- BUTTE

coyote said:
Spanky said:
Intuitive....thanks for the information regarding Lydia's. Dave was a nice man. We used to go to dinner there almost every week with Paul Semetzes and his wife. We lived in Butte in 1969.

I drove there once a month when I lived in Missoula. Fun place with great food.

:shock: Wow, cool.

HookedonGriz said:
Excellent summary. You hit on all the best places. I also grew up in butte. Graduated Butte Central. Always love my hometown.

i grad from BHS in '89. But most my grade school friends ended up going to Central. And a couple of my nieces (1 currently) are Maroons. My dad was too. Where did you move to?

fanofzoo said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
fanofzoo said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Thank you Griz for coming to Butte! And thank you to any fan that makes the trip. The town is a buzz for this event, we can't wait. It's going to be a great day to be a Griz!

WILL be there.

Awesome, welcome. Hope you have a great time.

Going to Butte, how can you not.

YOU KNOW IT :!: haha :D

Let's go GRIZ

fanofzoo said:
Up town restaurant still open?

Will stock up on about a zillion things at Front Street Market.

Yes Sir, the Uptown Cafe, 47 E. Broadway is still open. You have good taste! My fav is the Beef Wellington.

You know Butte pretty well, if you know the Front Street Market. :thumb:

Really Officer, IntuitiveGriz said it was "OK"

Front Street market is known all over western mt.

fanofzoo said:
Really Officer, IntuitiveGriz said it was "OK"

:lol:

That weekend I will be like, :beer: "Yeah Murph (officer), I said it was Ok."

Then we will both be arrested. :cool: Just kidding....

Wop chop >>> pork chop

Lydia's reminds me of the lounge in GoodFellas. Low light; 60s decor; velvet. Where else do you see those one-third circle booths for couples? It also has the best happy hour on the planet. You can get a filet for less than dinner at Micky-Ds. And the backdoor pick up is awesome. We buy the blue cheese by the half gallon. thought I heard they bought the lamplighters prime rib ovens. Those are Yuuuge.

That's what's cool about Butte. Unique. Not cookie cutter. There are things there that are very hard to find elsewhere.

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Excellent summary. You hit on all the best places. I also grew up in butte. Graduated Butte Central. Always love my hometown.

i grad from BHS in '89. But most my grade school friends ended up going to Central. And a couple of my nieces (1 currently) are Maroons. My dad was too. Where did you move to?

I graduated Bute Central in 94. I went out-of-state for a while and eventually settled in Bozangeles. Not easy being a huge Griz fan in this city.

garizzalies said:
Wop chop >>> pork chop

Lydia's reminds me of the lounge in GoodFellas. Low light; 60s decor; velvet. Where else do you see those one-third circle booths for couples? It also has the best happy hour on the planet. You can get a filet for less than dinner at Micky-Ds. And the backdoor pick up is awesome. We buy the blue cheese by the half gallon. thought I heard they bought the lamplighters prime rib ovens. Those are Yuuuge.

That's what's cool about Butte. Unique. Not cookie cutter. There are things there that are very hard to find elsewhere.

Right on, I love Lydia's back-door pick-up. A lot of people get the fried chicken dinners (with the sides), or even by themselves the cartons of homemade raviolis or spagetti (both covered in butter or red sauce). I laugh when I see people bring in a pot, and Eddie (cook with the coke bottle glasses) just fills the pot with the cooked ravs. On break from the bar, back when I worked there, I would have him deep fry me some Ravs... that was a treat.

What were the three restaurants on Man v Food? I know one was a pasty place and the. A stromboli place maybe?

Is there still a land of magic?

And will the new copper king have the big prime ribs I used to hear about from my family that used to live in Anaconda?

I've enjoyed whichever brewery is above the Irish times. But they were pretty new at that point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
What were the three restaurants on Man v Food? I know one was a pasty place and the. A stromboli place maybe?

Is there still a land of magic?

And will the new copper king have the big prime ribs I used to hear about from my family that used to live in Anaconda?

I've enjoyed whichever brewery is above the Irish times. But they were pretty new at that point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The stromboli place was called 'Trimbos'. It was great, sad it closed. (Kind of a bad location :twocents:)

Don't know about the big prime ribs, I can say the former restaurant was good though. Their will be a new steakhouse going in there.

The brewery above the Irish Times is called 'Muddy Creek Brewery'. On that second floor as well, above the 'Irish Times', is a an up-scale lounge (for Butte) with live music called 'The Post'. This is place has higher end drinks, Mojitos ect.

HookedonGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I graduated Bute Central in 94. I went out-of-state for a while and eventually settled in Bozangeles. Not easy being a huge Griz fan in this city.

I can't even imagine. Course I kind of can, being that we get the boz tv news/sports (2 channels) here in Butte. They would rather punch themselves in their privates than broadcast ANYTHING about The University of Montana.

I walked into Old Chicago in Bozeman, after watching Butte Central place 2nd at State for girls softball last season, and was greeted by a patron as if I was Monte himself. He was all smiles. And thought he was going to stand up and hug me. He said my maroon and silver Grizzly pull-over was a sight for sore eyes. He explained that he was a Griz fan living there, and that it was good to see a Griz fan. lol

Butte’s Pekin restaurant featured in NYC exhibit

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/26/buttes-pekin-restaurant-featured-in-nyc-exhibit/

maroon said:
The 3rd place was The Freeway.

EK's son, Robbie, still parks the motor home there every year for EK days in July.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/ktvm/freeway-taverns-wop-chop-success-continues-to-grow_20160509144621987/8961391

For those traveling from out of town for the spring game, I got a deal for you. My dad is the general manager of Fairmont Hot springs Resorts (which is just about 20 miles outside of Butte) and when I told him about all the people traveling in from out of town for the game, he came up with a good idea. If you stay at Fairmont for the game, when you check in at the front desk and show them your spring game ticket, you'll get 15% off your stay. Here's a link to Fairmont's website. Limited rooms are still available, so book now. :thumb:
http://fairmontmontana.com/

Griz til I die said:
For those traveling from out of town for the spring game, I got a deal for you. My dad is the general manager of Fairmont Hot springs Resorts (which is just about 20 miles outside of Butte) and when I told him about all the people traveling in from out of town for the game, he came up with a good idea. If you stay at Fairmont for the game, when you check in at the front desk and show them your spring game ticket, you'll get 15% off your stay. Here's a link to Fairmont's website. Limited rooms are still available, so book now. :thumb:
http://fairmontmontana.com/

That's cool! Great way to help fans and get people in beds. Win, win

Back