• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2018 Griz Football Recruiting 22 Signed/Transfers, 7 Walk-ons & 4 Offers

dayday said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
dayday said:
Jesiah Irish was offered by Oregon State. Likely means we’re out of consideration.
https://twitter.com/jesiah_irish2/status/940316826625482754

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, maybe not (out of consideration).

Jesse Sims knew Oregon State was a dumpster fire, losing program. And he chose Montana over them.
Sims was a bit different. Had strong Griz ties being local and sister played here. A out of state kid from the Pacific Northwest with no Griz ties I’d say it’s not very likely if he has a PAC-12 offer especially with Jonathan Smith as their new head coach.

Scholarship or PWO?

IntuitiveGriz said:
dayday said:
Jesiah Irish was offered by Oregon State. Likely means we’re out of consideration.

Jesse Sims knew Oregon State was a dumpster fire, losing program. And he chose Montana over them.

His wording “offered to play football” sounds a lot more like a PWO

Paytonlives said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
dayday said:

His wording “offered to play football” sounds a lot more like a PWO

This one seems to think it’s a scholly offer....
👑🚨OFFER ALERT🚨👑
-
Congrats to Mount Si HS Receiver, @jesiah_irish2 on his PAC 12 scholarship offer from OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY.

#MountSiHS
#HeirFootball 👑
#GoBeavs

#Heir18

Looks like Shann and Green are following Lance Lawson recently. Reported he has an offer from a while ago. I assume someone else on staff was his recruiter before. Do the Griz add another RB I wonder...

OSU appears to be offering Irish as a receiver....I believe we have him slotted to play CB? Anybody have any idea which he prefers?

dayday said:
Looks like Shann and Green are following Lance Lawson recently. Reported he has an offer from a while ago. I assume someone else on staff was his recruiter before. Do the Griz add another RB I wonder...

Not really the size I would expect for a Bobby back...but maybe just too good not to try for if possible even with other commits

AZGrizFan said:
OSU appears to be offering Irish as a receiver....I believe we have him slotted to play CB? Anybody have any idea which he prefers?

There aren't many young players that would rather play CB than WR.

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

Not really the size I would expect for a Bobby back...but maybe just too good not to try for if possible even with other commits

Max Preps lists him as a receiver.

Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

This... Lance is too good to care how tall he is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

casewinter13 said:
Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

His senior film is pretty impressive. Very quick and can change direction on a dime. Played all over the field. QB, RB, WR, CB, and safety.

Paytonlives said:
Anthony Stell to EWU

https://twitter.com/AmazingAnt_/status/940433568584437762?s=17

Did not think the Griz would get him. With Sulser and Germer and all the returning WR’s, But crap EWU got a good one.

dayday said:
casewinter13 said:
Ursus1 said:
dayday said:

His senior film is pretty impressive. Very quick and can change direction on a dime. Played all over the field. QB, RB, WR, CB, and safety.
Would be a coup for the Griz. He is one of the best athletes in Arizona

dayday said:
bgbigdog said:
Igotgoodsources said:
grzz said:
I never have an issue across all my devices, and I would second that if someone has trouble Colter is very helpful.

I still don't understand why there is so much hate from a small but vocal group on here aimed towards Skyline. Just a Montana kid and a UM grad trying to make a different business model work in a tough industry. Good for them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Its not hate from me. I just know if i failed the amount if times their website had I would have been fired from my job months ago. Its great they want to develop a product but if you want to charge for the content you should be certain in works first. You could go back 10 months and find posts where people cant log in. At some point the business model becomes flawed when its not operational.

A subscription paywall isn’t really different business model today. I have several major subscriptions where it’s been the case for at least a decade now, and I still have to look @ ads on all of them.

There’s perfectly reasonable content available, but as noted, if it isn’t accessible on-demand, assuming you’ve paid the bill, it’s a problem. Young people will walk away from this kind of thing pretty quickly, old clowns like me just avoid it all together.

Maybe they aren’t charging enough to ensure the infrastructure is up to the task.

Off topic guys.

My bad. I forgot how egriz adheres to a strict on topic policy.

Igotgoodsources said:
dayday said:
bgbigdog said:
Igotgoodsources said:
Its not hate from me. I just know if i failed the amount if times their website had I would have been fired from my job months ago. Its great they want to develop a product but if you want to charge for the content you should be certain in works first. You could go back 10 months and find posts where people cant log in. At some point the business model becomes flawed when its not operational.

A subscription paywall isn’t really different business model today. I have several major subscriptions where it’s been the case for at least a decade now, and I still have to look @ ads on all of them.

There’s perfectly reasonable content available, but as noted, if it isn’t accessible on-demand, assuming you’ve paid the bill, it’s a problem. Young people will walk away from this kind of thing pretty quickly, old clowns like me just avoid it all together.

Maybe they aren’t charging enough to ensure the infrastructure is up to the task.

Off topic guys.

My bad. I forgot how egriz adheres to a strict on topic policy.

& we’ve got a new mod.

Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
Anthony Stell to EWU

Did not think the Griz would get him. With Sulser and Germer and all the returning WR’s, But crap EWU got a good one.

Both Stell and his teammate Sampson both commit to Eastern same day. Those two were impressive for Ranier Beach. I liked Sampson’s tape as a corner and Stell is going to be really good for them in the slot. Good thing we have Sulser so I feel better about losing out on Stell.

dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
Anthony Stell to EWU

Both Stell and his teammate Sampson both commit to Eastern same day. Those two were impressive for Ranier Beach. I liked Sampson’s tape as a corner and Stell is going to be really good for them in the slot. Good thing we have Sulser so I feel better about losing out on Stell.

Both kids were good pickups by EWU yesterday....I also think both Stell and Sulser will be great big sky players so both teams win.....

marceagfan5 said:
dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
Paytonlives said:
Anthony Stell to EWU

Both kids were good pickups by EWU yesterday....I also think both Stell and Sulser will be great big sky players so both teams win.....

Yeah, but we don't WANT you to win!!! :cool: :D :D

Back