• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#4 Montana @ #1 NDSU Game Thread

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:
We'll do just fine this year....I see perhaps 1 more loss this year before the playoffs.
I agree...UM just played the 3 time nat. champ at their place and did better than most here thought they would...If by some stroke of luck they meet in Texas, I would give the edge to UM, just barely.[/quote

You must have watched a different game. Look at the stats. Except for the one 70-yard pass to Jones, which led to our loan TD, we were dominated. This game was not as close as the final score. It could have been much worse.

Fahque said:
TX-GRIZ said:
At least we have a starting kicker. Bout time they let Sullivan kick a FG.
Knock on wood. Let's just hope Delaney is smart enough to name Sullivan as the starter

True. He said this was the "decision" game. But it is the Griz coaching staff..... :dead:

Given how good the Bison are on both sides of the ball, and how weak our offense was much of the time, the Griz, especially the D, played well. The o-line was having trouble giving JJ time. Probably not a big surprise, given the strength of NDSU's defense, the general lack of running game for the Griz, and the inexperience of the o-line. The o needs to find a way to finish those drives, and score from the red zone. Those possible TD's would have been huge. Congrats to the Griz. Congrats to the Bison. It was a very good game. Hard fought. Not won or lost of big mistakes, bad calls, etc.

PlayerRep said:
Given how good the Bison are on both sides of the ball, and how weak our offense was much of the time, the Griz, especially the D, played well. The o-line was having trouble giving JJ time. Probably not a big surprise, given the strength of NDSU's defense, the general lack of running game for the Griz, and the inexperience of the o-line. The o needs to find a way to finish those drives, and score from the red zone. Those possible TD's would have been huge. Congrats to the Griz. Congrats to the Bison. It was a very good game. Hard fought. Not won or lost of big mistakes, bad calls, etc.
:thumb:

monte is a character said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:
We'll do just fine this year....I see perhaps 1 more loss this year before the playoffs.
I agree...UM just played the 3 time nat. champ at their place and did better than most here thought they would...If by some stroke of luck they meet in Texas, I would give the edge to UM, just barely.[/quote

You must have watched a different game. Look at the stats. Except for the one 70-yard pass to Jones, which led to our loan TD, we were dominated. This game was not as close as the final score. It could have been much worse.

Truth. But yards don't count for points. Game could easily have been 35-10. Our could also have been about 19-17. Proud of our D.

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

Look at the score, not the stats. Did you even watch the game? If UM had scored TD's in the redzone, UM might have won--if you want to play the "if" game. It was a hard fought game. Bend but not break defense.

PlayerRep said:

Would you please try to make sense? Thank you. :clap:

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

But, it wasn't, so why are you so upset? UM performed far better than the egriz crowd expected and that pisses you off?

GrizLA said:
GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

But, it wasn't, so why are you so upset? UM performed far better than the egriz crowd expected and that pisses you off?

not sure that the Griz performed far better than the egriz crowd expected....

GrizLA said:
ordigger said:

You must have watched a different game. Look at the stats. Except for the one 70-yard pass to Jones, which led to our loan TD, we were dominated. This game was not as close as the final score. It could have been much worse.[/

----------

grizindabox said:
GrizLA said:

Go back and read the doom and gloom posts...kinda sad for a tradition rich program.
not sure that the Griz performed far better than the egriz crowd expected....

Actually, the game was EVERY bit as close as the final score says. Yes Montana's offense was clamped down on by NDSU. But UM's defense did the same when it came to points. Or Monte, are you saying that every time NDSU kicked a FG, they should have gone for it on fourth and would have got it? That's just stupid. THE OBJECT of the defense is to STOP the other team's offense from gaining first downs, scoring touchdowns and giving up as few as points as possible. Montana's D did that today REGARDLESS of NDSU's rushing numbers. Eastern Washington and MSU's defenses would have allowed the Bizon DOUBLE what they scored against the Griz today.

BUT, UM's offense didn't hold up its end of the bargain. Holding the three-time national champ to ONE TD and 22 points, I'll take that performance EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. The GRiz did NOT get dominated today. PERIOD. THE END. Klieman said in the postgame "We are darn lucky to be able to walk off the field with a victory today. That was one of the toughest tests from a defense we've had to face here in years."

havgrizfan said:
BUT, UM's offense didn't hold up its end of the bargain. Holding the three-time national champ to ONE TD and 22 points, I'll take that performance EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. The GRiz did NOT get dominated today. PERIOD. THE END. Klieman said in the postgame "We are darn lucky to be able to walk off the field with a victory today. That was one of the toughest tests from a defense we've had to face here in years."

Game, set, match.

Beating a team with a 27 game win streak in their house is a very tall order. JJ as a pocket passer is a disaster. Running the spread he would be a very different story with the talent the Griz have on the edges. Talent wasted...

mtgrizrule said:
I seriously have no idea why our offensive coaches don't get a little more creative. We have the talent and solid defense to be much better.

Our offensive(no pun intended)coordinators are a two headed monster, straight out of Greek mythology. Which one needs to be more creative, the one on the left or the one on the right? :D

Grisly Fan said:
Beating a team with a 27 game win streak in their house is a very tall order. JJ as a pocket passer is a disaster. Running the spread he would be a very different story with the talent the Griz have on the edges. Talent wasted...
This I totally agree with -- but, the situation ain't gonna change. We got Delaney, and he has no idea how to use JJ, so ... sigh!

Back