• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#4 Montana @ #1 NDSU Game Thread

Thank God this game is over. Bottom line is we lost! We were totally destroyed in the trenches on both sides of the ball and lacked any resemblance of an offense. That's it! On to next week and homecoming.

bisonboone11 said:
503Griz said:
marenlee said:
503Griz said:
I gotta think an offense like EWU's would absolutely torch NDSU.
You should ask EWU how Towson's D tasted last year. Towson was a team built like NDSU, and they handled EWU's offense just fine. Only problem is, NDSU's D is much better.

:roll:

It's not last year.

An average UM offense kept things interesting, and your offense wasn't that great.

'Toyed with the Griz' is hilarious.

Like I said, EWU would absolutely torch NDSU and I'm excited to watch it. Your fanbase deserves as much.
It wasn't UM's offense that kept it interesting. If you think it was your offense that kept the game interesting, you need to find a replay of the game and re-watch it. Your offense was almost non-existent with the exception of the one long pass. Your defense on the other hand, specifically the red zone defense, was very good and that is what kept the game interesting. I thought it was a very good game, and ended up being about as close as I thought it would. I was thinking it would be 2 scores.

As far as EWU goes, I haven't seen them play, so I don't know what to think about them. From what it sounds like though, NDSU would probably score double what they scored today, and I doubt they have played a defense as good as NDSU's. It would be a very interesting game. And if you think EWU would torch NDSU, what do you think they would do to Montana? The Griz gave up 440+ yards to an offense that "wasn't that great". I'm assuming that means I can expect to see EWU put up about 800 yards on Montana?

I understand that you're upset about the game, but by attempting to tear NDSU down, it just makes your team look that much worse. It was a great game between two very good teams. I think Montana will be very tough in the Big Sky, and I hope you guys win the rest of your regular season games.

I'd love to see a match-up between EWU and NDSU. A great O vs a great D. That's what a fan lives for. I don't necessarily believe that EWU puts up big numbers against NDSU. NDSU has the game plane that could slow down EWU. Think Bill Parcel's NYGs vs Jim Kelly's Bills.

As it has been said before. Offense wins games, defense win Championships! NDSU has lived by this for the past thirty years and it has paid off quite well. Take away two plays and this would have been a shut out. Defense will keep you in the game no matter how much your offense may sputter.

marenlee said:
503Griz said:
marenlee said:
503Griz said:
I gotta think an offense like EWU's would absolutely torch NDSU.
You should ask EWU how Towson's D tasted last year. Towson was a team built like NDSU, and they handled EWU's offense just fine. Only problem is, NDSU's D is much better.

:roll:

It's not last year.

An average UM offense kept things interesting, and your offense wasn't that great.

'Toyed with the Griz' is hilarious.

Like I said, EWU would absolutely torch NDSU and I'm excited to watch it. Your fanbase deserves as much.

Ugh... No crap. If I'm not mistaken, EWU was lights out last year also. How different are they this year? I find it funny you're quick to defend EWU, who has shown every year to choke it away to someone resembling a decent defense.

NDSU must not have had a very good defense in 2010. ;)

8/31x100=25.8. The percentage of national championships we have won in the past 31 years! Now if you take away the 5 years we were ineligible! Do the math

CMR_bison said:
8/31x100=25.8. The percentage of national championships we have won in the past 31 years! Now if you take away the 5 years we were ineligible! Do the math

8x31x100^25.8 power. The number of douchebag fans your team has. You do the math. :cool:

Latest posts

Back