• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#5 Montana @ Wyoming Game Thread

BWahlberg said:
They've been preparing for altitude so it's not like they're just going in pretending that toughness can trump preparation.
How do you prepare for altitude?

AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:
They've been preparing for altitude so it's not like they're just going in pretending that toughness can trump preparation.

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

Actually they've been doing extra conditioning and even some have been doing work in hyperbaric chambers to increase blood/oxygen flow.

Well, I'm one Eagle fan rooting for the Griz and thinking there's a good possibility for a win. It's time for these FCS over FBS wins to start rolling in. Watching Abilene Christian piss their pants last night started out the season on the wrong note.

pussycatkillerz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Just don't want this to become another dick measuring contest....oxygen? We don't need no stinkin' oxygen!! :roll:

I don't remember Hauck's teams needing oxygen or sleeves...
Environmental preparation is for pussies. :thumb:
:thumb: Also we don't need any water or electrolytes. Hydration is for pussies. Remember Mick, whisky is for drinking, water is for toilets and electrolytes is for Brawndo (which makes plants grow).

BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

Actually they've been doing extra conditioning and even some have been doing work in hyperbaric chambers to increase blood/oxygen flow.
Seriously? Where are they using the hyperbaric chamber? I can't imagine the University purchased one

WaGriz4life said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

Seriously? Where are they using the hyperbaric chamber? I can't imagine the University purchased one

I heard they found a cheap iron lung on craigslist...

Ursa Major said:
WaGriz4life said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

I heard they found a cheap iron lung on craigslist...
Arthur Digby Sellers had one, and he owed Dude some money cause his kid wrecked Dude's car. The Dude now lives part time in Montana and was considering a run for Senate. Dude probably donated it to UM to drum up some campaign contributions and good will, that sort of thing. If I had to guess that would be the most logical explanation.

WaGriz4life said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

No clue, I know in previous years some players had personal ones they or their family got for them to use. Maybe just a few guys are doing that?

BWahlberg said:
WaGriz4life said:
BWahlberg said:
AZGrizFan said:

Not wearing sleeves.

Ha!

No clue, I know in previous years some players had personal ones they or their family got for them to use. Maybe just a few guys are doing that?
They are very effective, but also really expensive. Just saw a deal on UFC Bantamweight Champion TJ Dillashaw and how he uses one, but is now going to purchase his own because of how expensive each session is.

Yeah a fast google search showed top results at $3000. So yeah I doubt the UM is buying those - probably ones some players families have got for them.

You prepare for altitude by gettin' the hell in and out of town before you have a chance to think about it!... NBA and NL players are shuttling in and out of Denver all season long and you never hear anybody sayin' boo about any oxy deficiency. Hang around for a couple days and yeah, you'll realize you're lacking a whole bunch of red blood cells...

Silvertip said:
You prepare for altitude by gettin' the hell in and out of town before you have a chance to think about it!... NBA and NL players are shuttling in and out of Denver all season long and you never hear anybody sayin' boo about any oxy deficiency. Hang around for a couple days and yeah, you'll realize you're lacking a whole bunch of red blood cells...

I'll bet it would take me less than 10 minutes to find oxy in Denver.

Back