• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

#5 Montana @ Wyoming Game Thread

Copper Griz said:
I don't disagree with you Poke, but why call a play that has not worked all damn day long. Go at the strength of your opponent - with your greatest weakness being the O Line. I just can't make any sense of that call.

Yup, made no sense at all. Our weakness is running the ball due to our oline being very inexperienced and iffy at best. Their strength seemed to be stuffing the run. So when the game is on the line and we just ....oddly.... used our timeouts, we decide to start our final drive with a run and put ourselves in an immediate hole. :roll:

This offense can look so good at times when they are allowed to play to their strengths... JJ and an up tempo offense.

Forget the O-Line etc. It is clear to me the special teams coaching is bad. The offensive coaching needs to improve.
Game clock management needs coaching improvement.
Inovative and imaginative offense needs to be injected, we look very stodgy with play calls from 30+ years ago.
I was happy with our defensive coaching and play calls on defense. Not perfect but far and above better than last season.
Let's hope we (coaching) improve quickly.

The commentary seems a majority. The offense is so far removed its sickening. We looked like a comedy of errors at times and wtf others. If something doesn't happen quickly this season will be a disaster. The lack of offensive line play is obvious and d-coordinators will have no problem solving defending us. People are concerned about ndsu..I'm concerned about sdsu at this point. Since the last scrimmage to now nothing has gotten better. We could be in for a long season. :(

nzone said:
The commentary seems a majority. The offense is so far removed its sickening. We looked like a comedy of errors at times and wtf others. If something doesn't happen quickly this season will be a disaster. The lack of offensive line play is obvious and d-coordinators will have no problem solving defending us. People are concerned about ndsu..I'm concerned about sdsu at this point. Since the last scrimmage to now nothing has gotten better. We could be in for a long season. :(
We don't play SDSU this year

Maybe we should just go the Cal State Northridge route and shut down the football program. I mean, the sky is clearly falling.

Fahque said:
nzone said:

Well he's still worried about it!!

AZGrizFan said:
Fahque said:
nzone said:
The commentary seems a majority. The offense is so far removed its sickening. We looked like a comedy of errors at times and wtf others. If something doesn't happen quickly this season will be a disaster. The lack of offensive line play is obvious and d-coordinators will have no problem solving defending us. People are concerned about ndsu..I'm concerned about sdsu at this point. Since the last scrimmage to now nothing has gotten better. We could be in for a long season.(

Well he's still worried about it!!

Like they say;..wait till next year.

We lost today. It was a close game. As off of a game as JJ had, I still think we'll be fine. The sky isn't falling. We'll continue to improve. The defense looked pretty good for most of the day except the end. I'm looking forward to next weekend. Go Griz!

I expected a loss today but when seeing that we actually had a chance in this game it was pretty frustrating to see some of the same boneheaded coaching decisions that have come to define this coaching staff. Lots to work on...

Fahque said:
I expected a loss today but when seeing that we actually had a chance in this game it was pretty frustrating to see some of the same boneheaded coaching decisions that have come to define this coaching staff. Lots to work on...
This.

I think you guys will be fine this season. NDSU & EWU are the only teams that should be hard to handle. Kicking game needs a lot of work. Two timeouts with 7 minutes to go was different. Not sure why in the hell Mick did that? You guys should have had one last play. For some reason the game clock on TV and on the field were not the same. But they did stop play to correct it. Did that play not count? That seemed pretty damn fishy to me.

Offense was good, play calls, at times were questionable, however if all the Passes were caught, if Jj didn't over throw, those plays would have been big. If the runs had blockers they would have been longer. The only reason we lost was harris' pass interference, put pokes to first down and closer to drive for 7. All in all Griz held up well.

nzone said:
The commentary seems a majority. The offense is so far removed its sickening. We looked like a comedy of errors at times and wtf others.

I have read this about three times, and I have no idea what you're trying to say.

griznation23 said:
Offense was good, play calls, at times were questionable, however if all the Padres were caught, if Jj didn't over throw those plays would have been big. If the runs had blockers they would have been longer. The on your reason we lost was harris' pass interference, put pokes to first down and closer to drive for 7. All in all Griz held up well.
this..

Fahque said:
Wrong....!!
Not executing is why the Griz lost....
Play calling is not...

albinogriz said:
Fahque said:
Wrong....!!
Play calling is not...
Yes!!! Exactly! After thinking and watching again on DVR and remembering every play live from 10 yard line, the execution from offense and defense sucked! Dropped passes and defensive fouls lost the game for Griz! Period. [emoji35]

griznation23 said:
albinogriz said:
Fahque said:
Wrong....!!
Play calling is not...
Yes!!! Exactly! After thinking and watching again on DVR and remembering every play live from 10 yard line, the execution from offense and defense sucked! Dropped passes and defensive fouls lost the game for Griz! Period. [emoji35]

Wow, what do our fans expect from our defense? I admit, over the last few years, I've questioned Gregorak's schemes, etc. I've posted this year should be a make or break year for him as DC. Despite that, I am actually pleased with how the defense played in game 1. If we get that kind of defense consistently, this team will be in position to win a lot of games. Did they make a few mistakes? Yes, they did. However the mistakes and shortcomings were a lot less, and not as costly as those things have been the last few years.

Despite the naysayers and bitching about the defense, I will say this "Good job DEFENSE and Gregorak." That defense was the reason why the GRIZ were in position to win this game. They are the last group to pin this loss on. Inconsistent OL and QB play, special team break downs, questionable 2nd half play offensive play calling, and questionable coaching decisions were the main reasons for the loss.

albinogriz said:
Fahque said:
Wrong....!!
Play calling is not...
Does my post say anything about play calling?

Back