• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Neale

Status
Not open for further replies.
statler & waldorf said:
I think of verbal commits as a measure of the recruits character. Physical attributes can be measured and quantified, but not character, at least not until much later. Being recruited by a high school coach from last year also reflects his judgment.

Yeah...I think this thought process is kinda dumb....nope, it is really dumb

Grizfan-24 said:
statler & waldorf said:
I think of verbal commits as a measure of the recruits character. Physical attributes can be measured and quantified, but not character, at least not until much later. Being recruited by a high school coach from last year also reflects his judgment.

This is why honestly I believe twitter isn't a good thing for recruiting. I think verbal commitments were always tenuous, but we see the defections more so because kids are pressed to make their verbals public.

I would honestly prefer the recruits and coaches remain off twitter. Neale, Brandom, and Daum are all perfect examples as to why the process should be tightly held and not widely held.

No one is pressed to make them public...

Two words: Kjelby Oiland.

Alex Neale is a decent lineman who is committing to play for a school that's lost more games than it's won in the last 30 years, during which it has had seven different losing coaches. It is now on it's eighth coach, a guy from a local high school, who UNLV's chronic losing record would suggest isn't going to turn things around.

Good luck, Alex Neale. See you in a couple years.

griz4life said:

Alex Neale is a decent lineman who is committing to play for a school that's lost more games than it's won in the last 30 years, during which it has had seven different losing coaches. It is now on it's eighth coach, a guy from a local high school, who UNLV's chronic losing record would suggest isn't going to turn things around.

Sour Grapes...

statler & waldorf said:

I take it you dont think much of JK or Daum, right? Cause to do otherwise wouldn't be hypocritical at all...

grizindabox said:
Grizfan-24 said:
statler & waldorf said:

This is why honestly I believe twitter isn't a good thing for recruiting. I think verbal commitments were always tenuous, but we see the defections more so because kids are pressed to make their verbals public.

I would honestly prefer the recruits and coaches remain off twitter. Neale, Brandom, and Daum are all perfect examples as to why the process should be tightly held and not widely held.

Actually, I think they are. It cuts both ways. They make their verbal and kind of save their seat at the same tame they are telling everyone else to make a better offer. Coaches want them to make the verbal to try to back off competition or to encourage other recruits to make their verbal.

grizatwork said:
grizindabox said:
Grizfan-24 said:
statler & waldorf said:

Actually, I think they are. It cuts both ways. They make their verbal and kind of save their seat at the same tame they are telling everyone else to make a better offer. Coaches want them to make the verbal to try to back off competition or to encourage other recruits to make their verbal.

Nope, there is nothing that makes a kid announce a verbal commitment...

grizindabox said:
griz4life said:

Sour Grapes...

Just the facts. I sure didn't think the kid's decision deserved its own thread.

griz4life said:
grizindabox said:
griz4life said:

Sour Grapes...

Just the facts. I sure didn't think the kid's decision deserved its own thread.

So the bolded is a fact?

grizindabox said:
grizatwork said:
grizindabox said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Nope, there is nothing that makes a kid announce a verbal commitment...

Nothing in writing, but it is encouraged by both sides. Argue semantics all you want, but there is pressure by the staffs and by peers to do so. It raises their value.

go4two said:
SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'll never understa.....

Oh, f*** it.

Never mind.

:D :D

UNLV has now also offered two MSU commits in the past two days...I think it is time to move up.

This is a sure sign that UNLV's new and former Bishop High School coach is not doing very well with his recruiting class. If he having to steal away Griz and Cat recruits, that is a very bad sign. Both the Cats and the Griz would have pummeled UNLV last year.

UNLV also flipped one of our O-Line verbals this past weekend. in Nathaniel Jacobson.

Serious question...If you're one the few thousand diehard UNLV fans are you disturbed that your FBS program is targeting mostly FCS recruits and local boys?

I don't think I'd be too jacked about that deal.

Yup, anyone who has anything bad to say about Neale's decision to decommit from Montana, I'm assuming you will NOT be cheering for Dalton Daum then. Otherwise, well, you know the rest

Grizfan-24 said:
UNLV is the epitome of a dumpster fire in regards to football. Neale's choice has to be less about that in that he believes what the new UNLV coach is selling.

Their assumption was that hiring a coach who could poach talent from anywhere in Vegas to a school that has no ability to recruit the type of personnel that he is used to is about as a blind leap of faith you are going to take. I am not sure Sanchez is the answer, but he is a god in Vegas for football.

Neale could play there next year as Freshman. I happen to think really highly of Neale. I thought there was an outside chance he could play here is as a Freshman if need be. Really thought he was going to be a stud here, he has a chance to be a good MWC OL.

Best of luck to the kid.

I was really high on Neale as well. In fact I said he was one of our biggest recruits, a 3-star OL.

Sanchez is a God in Vegas. In the nation for that matter, being that he was ranked #2 in the nation and then defeated the #1 team in the nation. Course it helps to have a 4-star WR (Snoop Dog's kid)...

havgrizfan said:
Yup, anyone who has anything bad to say about Neale's decision to decommit from Montana, I'm assuming you will NOT be cheering for Dalton Daum then. Otherwise, well, you know the rest

I see what you are trying to say, but they are not the same circumstances. Daum ALWAYS wanted to be a Griz. If he had been offered a full scholarship by Delaney he wouldn't have even taken a sniff at state. Whereas Neale was given a UM full-ride, commited to UM, and then de-committed for another school.

Both de-committed from schools (yes), but under different, significant cirumstances. :twocents:

IntuitiveGriz said:
havgrizfan said:

I see what you are trying to say, but they are not the same circumstances. Daum ALWAYS wanted to be a Griz. If he had been offered a full scholarship by Delaney he wouldn't have even taken a sniff at state. Whereas Neale was given a UM full-ride, commited to UM, and then de-committed for another school.

Both de-committed from schools (yes), but under different, significant cirumstances. :twocents:

Maybe Neale ALWAYS wanted to play FBS football? Seems to me they are very similar circumstances.

Intuitive, bottom line, someone on this thread called Neale's character into question. That's BS, and I don't care how hard of a verbal commit he was. It's 100 percent hypocritical to call Neale's character into question, but praise another kid for doing the same thing. I don't care HOW BAD DD wanted to be a Griz (And BTW, I'm damn glad he is. And I know for a fact he's an outstanding young man), but the fact is, he too gave a commitment to a school, a program, a head coach and a full scholarship, and then he changed his mind - JUST LIKE NEALE.

And yeah, here on Egriz, didn't we RIP Cody Kempt for calling out that kid's character?? Pretty sure I read that on here somewhere.

Who cares.....he's not a GRIZ! We will probably never hear about this kid again at any level. Move on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back