• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Basketball Roster and Recruiting 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizzlyjournal said:
Good news about Stefan Gonzalez!

Also noticed that Paris Austin -- in a published interview over at http://ny2lasports.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- said he would be making a recruiting trip to Montana next weekend (Sept 11-12).
I believe he is here this weekend. He is another tremendous Oakland point guard and would be a great addition if he decides to join the Griz. Here's hoping! :thumb:

Confirmed. Over at Verbal Commits there's a link to PA's twitter updates where he wrote earlier today: "Out here in Montana."

Griz coaches face very tough competition for the young man. Here's hoping he decides on Montana!

Bb recruitment weekends usually feature 2-3 visitations. Last week there were three. Anyone have an idea if there are any other recruits joining Paris Austin on campus this weekend?

Per his twitter......Malik Harwell to Boise State. Paris Austin visited Boise prior to visiting the Griz.

grizzlyjournal said:
Bb recruitment weekends usually feature 2-3 visitations. Last week there were three. Anyone have an idea if there are any other recruits joining Paris Austin on campus this weekend?

Seen Coach Decuire having breakfast with this kid and his parents this morning at the Press Box. Looks like a good one.

These 3 together would have been nice, still have the chance to get 2 of 3:

http://instagram.com/p/sqze_6FOlQ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For what it's worth...Athlon sports CBB preview magazine is out, it has Broderick Jones, Malek Harwell, Roman Davis and Paris Austin ranked in the top 200 seniors. With Austin being the highest at 147. Very impressive, if coach decuire can recruit at or near this level it will be a fun/short tenure.

GO GRIZ!!!

MtTarheel said:
For what it's worth...Athlon sports CBB preview magazine is out, it has Broderick Jones, Malek Harwell, Roman Davis and Paris Austin ranked in the top 200 seniors. With Austin being the highest at 147. Very impressive, if coach decuire can recruit at or near this level it will be a fun/short tenure.

GO GRIZ!!!

:thumb:

Josh Gershon ‏@JoshGershon 1h
2015 West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade PG Michael Oguine has committed to #Montana, per a source.

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 11m
2015 Chaminade (CA) G Michael Oguine has committed to Montana. (HT @JoshGershon) @youngmike_1 http://verbalcommits.com/players/michael-oguine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Congrats first to Michael Oguine for choosing Montana.

Congrats secondly to Travis DeCuire and his staff for the second of two high profile early commits to play hoops at Montana.

Mr. Oguine is ranked anywhere from 2.5 to 3 stars by the scouting services. Along with Jared Samuelson's earlier commit (ranked a very high 2+ stars by ESPN), this class may be as significant as when Brian Qvale and Derek Selvig signed on a few years back.

Awesome!!!

With Montana having received a verbal from Michael Oguine, I do not know if Griz coaches are still recruiting any of the two other (that I know of) guards who made recruiting visits to Missoula... Stefan Gonzalez and Paris Austin.

Gonzalez, however, has tweeted that he'll announce his school of choice tomorrow.

Stefan Gonzalez ‏@Stefnizzle15 3h
I am blessed to say I will be making my college decision tmrw! I want to thank all the coaches and schools for giving me this opportunity.

Willy Harris ‏@GoodDogPhotos 1h
@Stefnizzle15 top 5???

Stefan Gonzalez ‏@Stefnizzle15 34m
@GoodDogPhotos Montana, Oregon State, Saint Mary's, and Eastern Washington. No specific order

Any word on where Daine Muller ended up going? Is he just not playing and at UM or did he transfer elsewhere?

Looks like Tommy McCarthy is out of the picture now. I'm guessing Harvard.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FullTimeHoops1/status/517795868549062656[/tweet]

MtTarheel said:
That is a bummer he is the one I really wanted. Love his offensive game from the highlights

After his visit to Harvard was pretty sure he was going to end up there. Just following him on verbal commits it sounded like he really enjoyed his visit.

We have 2 scholarships left and 3 offers out there still for the 2015 season.

1. Paris Austin, which would be an amazing get. Has offers from schools like Florida State & St Marys. Been bumped up to 4 stars on ESPN (Jamar was 4 stars also btw).
2. Roman Davis who has offers from Boston College, Arizona State and Vanderbilt. Would be a pretty major coup to get him also.
3. Jordan Dallas who has offers from Wyoming, Pacific, UTEP and St. Marys. Seriously.. St Marys needs to lay off our damn recruits! :p

Of course there could be some surprise recruits out there that verbalcommits just hasn't picked up on yet too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back