• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ben Roberts a Griz?

Gittes406 said:
Spanky, you don't seem to understand the premise. Nobody said Roderick was better than Roberts or even more athletic, the original point appears to be a forewarning that just because a guy is super athletic doesn't mean he's going to translate onto a higher level of play. Roderick, indisputably -- unless you're Alpha, a Trump-like online persona if there ever was one -- was a great athlete in high school, but couldn't figure out the college game.
Roberts, clearly a great athlete, faces a difficult transition and it isn't going to be made easier because he's athletic. Presuming he is a WR, the offense he is going into is very complex and his playing time is going to be determined on how well he understands what is he is supposed to do and how quickly he can decipher what the defense is going to do. If you don't believe that just take a look at the battle behind center. It's not going to be easy for him to do with just one year.
....But Alpha says his time away from football won't matter, so it probably won't. As we all know, Alpha is really good at figuring out what is going to work and what isn't. By the way, how is that POS website of your going?

Uh, you just don't see it very often.... but Alpha or whomever was using his login at the time saying Roderick isn't in the to 20, just got delivered an ass kicking of epic proportions at the hands of Gittes. :lol: :lol: :lol: In fact Gittes looks to be one of those rare posters that hardly ever posts but when they do - you can be certain that whatever they're saying is 1000% dead on accurate truth. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:
I am fully confident Ben will make the roster and make a huge difference. I will look for him to be a primary receiver by the end of the year. With all of the new guys coming in I am sure they will redshirt someone to make room for a mature athletic 5th year senior.

Also of note, we now have two of the most prolific receiving threats in recent Montana high school history on our roster. Things are looking up for the Griz.

Well that's certainly an optimistic outlook, best of luck with that? Also, welcome to board, Ben. :clap:
prepare to win championships, pissing contests and the internet.

poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:
I am fully confident Ben will make the roster and make a huge difference. I will look for him to be a primary receiver by the end of the year. With all of the new guys coming in I am sure they will redshirt someone to make room for a mature athletic 5th year senior.

Also of note, we now have two of the most prolific receiving threats in recent Montana high school history on our roster. Things are looking up for the Griz.

Well that's certainly an optimistic outlook, best of luck with that? Also, welcome to board, Ben. :clap:

Of course, every transfer the scats get is automatically penciled in as a Payton finalist, but the ones the Griz get are a guaranteed bust.

Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:

Of course, every transfer the scats get is automatically penciled in as a Payton finalist, but the ones the Griz get are a guaranteed bust.

True Dat

Rightoooonnnn said:
I am fully confident Ben will make the roster and make a huge difference. I will look for him to be a primary receiver by the end of the year.

I think he should feel free to go right ahead and be a primary receiver at the beginning of the year! :p

HookedonGriz said:
Can anyone say Marino. Wow the Cat fans had a circle jerk for weeks on that one!

Kicked off MSU. Enrolled at a JC in Cali and has 6 FBS offers already. He'll flame out wherever he ends up.

Grizbeer said:
poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:

HA!!!

Grizbeer said:
poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:

Expect to hear from my counsel regarding trademark infringement in the very near future, GB. I hope your Beer is good shit, because my attorneys certainly are, and they're coming after it.

EverettGriz said:
Grizbeer said:
poorgriz said:
Rightoooonnnn said:

Expect to hear from my counsel regarding trademark infringement in the very near future, GB. I hope your Beer is good shit, because my attorneys certainly are, and they're coming after it.

Mr. Grizbeer,

I have been officially appointed as Mr. EverettGriz's counsel. It has come to my attention that you have willfully and recklessly utilized my clients trademarked response to both new recruits and new posters on E-griz. As I'm sure you know, a civil trial can be both a costly and time consuming affair. At this time, my client is willing to settle this issue for a case of quality beer and a draft beer of his and his legal representative's choice at the Mo Club to be delivered on the evening of August 29, 2015 . If I do not hear from you within the next 48 hours, I will assume you are not interested in this settlement and would like to go to civil court on this matter.

Respectfully,

Ursa

If you say it long enough it's a matter of time before you are correct.

It's appropriate if you attend NDSU and inappropriate at state.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Grizbeer said:

Mr. Grizbeer,

I have been officially appointed as Mr. EverettGriz's counsel. It has come to my attention that you have willfully and recklessly utilized my clients trademarked response to both new recruits and new posters on E-griz. As I'm sure you know, a civil trial can be both a costly and time consuming affair. At this time, my client is willing to settle this issue for a case of quality beer and a draft beer of his and his legal representative's choice at the Mo Club to be delivered on the evening of August 29, 2015 . If I do not hear from you within the next 48 hours, I will assume you are not interested in this settlement and would like to go to civil court on this matter.

Respectfully,

Ursa
Dear Mr. EverettGriz and Mr. Ursa, Esq.

With respect to your claim of trademark infringement, I regret to inform you that I have in my possession "smoking gun" proof that said trademark is no longer valid and in fact was abandoned over 90 years ago.

For background information, the phrase "prepare to win championships" was originally written as "prepare to have a good morning" and first used in the late 1800's, and revised to "prepare to win championships" later. I have in my possession an excerpt from a FSPB message board posting from 1927 that clearly states "prepare to win championships" that did not contain the trademark or copyright mark. This pre-dates your clients use of the phrase by at least 8 years. In additions there is also references to a 1922 posting that uses both phrases "prepare to win championships" and "prepare to have a good morning" and other variations as well, that also did not have a copyright symbol, and even if it did those copyrights would have expired in 1949.

I have a bunch of other legal reasons for not paying, but I have already mentioned that this info came from the FSPB via my great Aunt Wilma, so I feel no other explanation is necessary. I have retained the services of a fancy California attorney, CDA, to pursue a counter claim for a full refund of any royalties or fees paid. Mr. CDA, Esq. is confident we have a solid case (he used the term "a wild fire" repeatedly, which I took to mean a slam dunk case). This case may even go class action. You will be hearing from Mr. CDA soon.

Htowngriz said:
Yukon said:
you two have a lot of time on your hands.

People always say this like it's a bad thing. :?
Ha ha, no kidding. Think about it this way - next time you go celebrate your birthday at your favorite national chain casual dining establishment and they sing the real song instead of their stupid chanting made up thing and everyone is like"wow i didn't think they could do that" you can sit there smugly and explain all about copyright laws you learned on e-griz.com. See, too much time on your hands can be useful.

Grizbeer said:
Htowngriz said:
Yukon said:

Ha ha, no kidding. Think about it this way - next time you go celebrate your birthday at your favorite national chain casual dining establishment and they sing the real song instead of their stupid chanting made up thing and everyone is like"wow i didn't think they could do that" you can sit there smugly and explain all about copyright laws you learned on e-griz.com. See, too much time on your hands can be useful.
If they sing that to me, a steak knife will be entered into someone's foot.

Grizbeer said:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Grizbeer said:

Mr. Grizbeer,

Respectfully,

Ursa
Dear Mr. EverettGriz and Mr. Ursa, Esq.

With respect to your claim of trademark infringement, I regret to inform you that I have in my possession "smoking gun" proof that said trademark is no longer valid and in fact was abandoned over 90 years ago.

For background information, the phrase "prepare to win championships" was originally written as "prepare to have a good morning" and first used in the late 1800's, and revised to "prepare to win championships" later. I have in my possession an excerpt from a FSPB message board posting from 1927 that clearly states "prepare to win championships" that did not contain the trademark or copyright mark. This pre-dates your clients use of the phrase by at least 8 years. In additions there is also references to a 1922 posting that uses both phrases "prepare to win championships" and "prepare to have a good morning" and other variations as well, that also did not have a copyright symbol, and even if it did those copyrights would have expired in 1949.

I have a bunch of other legal reasons for not paying, but I have already mentioned that this info came from the FSPB via my great Aunt Wilma, so I feel no other explanation is necessary. I have retained the services of a fancy California attorney, CDA, to pursue a counter claim for a full refund of any royalties or fees paid. Mr. CDA, Esq. is confident we have a solid case (he used the term "a wild fire" repeatedly, which I took to mean a slam dunk case). This case may even go class action. You will be hearing from Mr. CDA soon.

Well fuck.

Yukon said:
Grizbeer said:
Htowngriz said:
Yukon said:

If they sing that to me, a steak knife will be entered into someone's foot.
Mmm, foot steak. No offense, but if you are eating steak on your birthday at a place where the waitress has at least 15 pieces of flair, someone singing happy birthday to you probably isn't your biggest issue.

I like the Roberts kid. Wish his sister would have hung around for the Girls basketball team. In any event he could be a good suprise for us. We need some up-side and we seem to be obtaining some good guys looking at us. That will bode well for us down the road. I love it.

Back