• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BEST Candidates - Post Yours Below!

I know, for a fact, that Noel Mazzone the OC at A & M and Mike Bloomgren, the OC at Stanford were interested last year and they didn’t even get a call. I’d hope they would be interested still.

Ringneck said:
My final :twocents: : Bob Stitt did an admirable job, considering the hand he was dealt. He was a scapegoat. Whoever is hired will be our fifth head coach in ten years (!), which is a sign of a disreputable program. I'm afraid that next year is year zero, again.

I'm thinking you're probably right.

Ok people, get some imagination and let go of the ex-wife Bobby Hauck.

Mike Lynch- Co-OC of Syracuse- Griz player 99-2000- long shot yes but open your minds
Matt Entz- DC at NDSU- not impossible
Jay Hill- Weber St HC w/ his OC- if you want power running w/ a nice balance
Tanner Engstrand- Ass HC/OC at U of San Diego- they score about 50 PPG

That's about a 15 min Goggle search. I hope Haslam takes at least that long.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
I know, for a fact, that Noel Mazzone the OC at A & M and Mike Bloomgren, the OC at Stanford were interested last year and they didn’t even get a call. I’d hope they would be interested still.

HAHAHA man this is the best thing i've seen on E-griz. Appreciate the laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mtgrizfankb said:
I’ve heard from multiple sources that TY G has been in contact. Could you all imagine the implosion of us hiring from the cats. That being said I think he knows he’s the cats next HC when Choate can’t get it done next year again

Wow you have sources both in the griz athletic program AND the Bobcats program? You sir are impressive!

BigBruceBaker said:
IHateRobPhenicie said:

HAHAHA man this is the best thing i've seen on E-griz. Appreciate the laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laugh if you want, truth can be humorous too.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
BigBruceBaker said:
IHateRobPhenicie said:

Laugh if you want, truth can be humorous too.

the truth is definitely humorous, and you are correct. They were indeed interested however what you don't know is they were contacted and both were ruled out of consideration due to not having enough experience under their belts. Unfrotunately it is time to move on from both as they are poor choices.

grizindabox said:
daGrizJ said:
Ok people, get some imagination and let go of the ex-wife Bobby Hauck.

...boy...you sound....a bit jilted...

You're damn right. For me, Hauck is the totally hot but extremely insane ex-wife that instigated the divorce, but is sorry now and wants to get back together. Move on.

IHateRobPhenicie said:
There is a reason they didn't get a call last year. Lol

Ringneck said:
My :twocents: : If we aren't hiring Bobby Hauck for this job, there's no way we find someone more qualified or better suited for the gig than him. We'll have to take another chance on another coach from a DII program or on a "drop-down" coordinator from an FBS program who will only view Montana as a short-term stepping stone into bigger and better things. And I'm not convinced Hauck would see it any differently.

Another :twocents: :If Haslem pulled the plug on the Stitt experiment without having an Ace in the hole, he's a fool. The football program has been left in a state of disarray, with dwindling fan and booster support, with a bare-bones coaching staff, and with a new incoming University President whose support of athletics we are not yet able to gauge. Our former head coach was just fired after year 3 of a 5 year process, after 3 consecutive winning seasons, after landing top 10 recruiting classes in two consecutive years, while digging the program out of the hole left by NCAA sanctions, loss of scholarships, and poor University leadership.

My final :twocents: : Bob Stitt did an admirable job, considering the hand he was dealt. He was a scapegoat. Whoever is hired will be our fifth head coach in ten years (!), which is a sign of a disreputable program. I'm afraid that next year is year zero, again.

Stitt was too loyal to Semore. He should have cut him loose after last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Hauck (80-17) enough said!
2. Jay Hill Weber st. they are a great defensive team, and he knows how to put together a solid team without many resources.
3. Demario Warren Southern Utah (young coach at 32, could he handle the pressure of guiding the Griz)
4. NDSU defensive coordinator Matt Entz
4. Rich Wright head coach Division II Northwest Missouri state. He has been apart of 6 national championships there as an assistant. This is his first year as head coach. While they did lose in the playoffs they had the number 1 defense in Division II, it seems offense was their problem. (6 (1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016)

grizfnz said:
Grizz93 said:
Matt Lubick co-offensive coordinator at the University of Washington. Lots of Montana ties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He makes roughly 475k at UW right now and made 600k at Oregon. I

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Choate left similar money at the University of Washington to coach State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is fun and all. The how about/what if game but I would be totally flabbergasted if we are really truly "searching" for Stitts replacement.

Ringneck said:
My :twocents: : If we aren't hiring Bobby Hauck for this job, there's no way we find someone more qualified or better suited for the gig than him. We'll have to take another chance on another coach from a DII program or on a "drop-down" coordinator from an FBS program who will only view Montana as a short-term stepping stone into bigger and better things. And I'm not convinced Hauck would see it any differently.

Another :twocents: :If Haslem pulled the plug on the Stitt experiment without having an Ace in the hole, he's a fool. The football program has been left in a state of disarray, with dwindling fan and booster support, with a bare-bones coaching staff, and with a new incoming University President whose support of athletics we are not yet able to gauge. Our former head coach was just fired after year 3 of a 5 year process, after 3 consecutive winning seasons, after landing top 10 recruiting classes in two consecutive years, while digging the program out of the hole left by NCAA sanctions, loss of scholarships, and poor University leadership.

Look an actual Post of The Year Candidate. :thumb:

In order to beat a dead horse.....Stitt would still be the coach if he had not had 2 years of Semore and Neikamp as coordinators. That was his Achilles heel keeping them in position after collapse last year. Change them out last winter likely holds on to EWU lead, beats Cats and we are on to playoffs. Other than that he did well in every other area in my opinion.....

Ursus1 said:
In order to beat a dead horse.....Stitt would still be the coach if he had not had 2 years of Semore and Neikamp as coordinators. That was his Achilles heel keeping them in position after collapse last year. Change them out last winter likely holds on to EWU lead, beats Cats and we are on to playoffs. Other than that he did well in every other area in my opinion.....

No defensive coordinator is going to be successful when he not only has to contend with the opposite teams offense , but also has to contend with his own team ignoring basic concepts like TOP, field position etc.

41GrizFan said:
Ursus1 said:

No defensive coordinator is going to be successful when he not only has to contend with the opposite teams offense , but also has to contend with his own team ignoring basic concepts like TOP, field position etc.

Not gonna be successful when you can’t hold a team on 3rd & 21, 3rd & 25 and 3rd and 33 either. Those happened in the EWU, Weber & MSU games...and there were LOTS more of those. Semore was his own worst enemy...he can hardly blame Stitt’s offensive system.

Latest posts

Back