• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Fan Cockiness

If I was on my computer I would reference the preface thread about coastal Carolina.

Not saying the bison are justified but it is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Here are some of the predictions from your Coastal Carolina thread last year:
35-14
36-10
35-17
44-13
...the Griz will roll...
34-17
49-12
38-14
31-13
...we punish them...
45-10
35-17
...CC is not ready for WGS...
38-21
49-17
...this has the makings of a total asskicking...
28-0
41-10
35-10
38-17
42-12
42-21
42-14
54-17
37-10
...too cold for Coastal Carolina...
35-14
49-17

Edit: Looks like Eriul was thinking the same thing as me.

bisonboone11 said:
Here are some of the predictions from your Coastal Carolina thread last year:
35-14
36-10
35-17
44-13
...the Griz will roll...
34-17
49-12
38-14
31-13
...we punish them...
45-10
35-17
...CC is not ready for WGS...
38-21
49-17
...this has the makings of a total asskicking...
28-0
41-10
35-10
38-17
42-12
42-21
42-14
54-17
37-10
...too cold for Coastal Carolina...
35-14
49-17

Edit: Looks like Eriul was thinking the same thing as me.

Well to be fair, most teams from the south that have had to play in Missoula in December have rolled over when it's been cold, so a lot of posters felt it would be a cakewalk. Lesson Learned. :ugeek:

get'em_griz said:
Well to be fair, most teams from the south that have had to play in Missoula in December have rolled over when it's been cold, so a lot of posters felt it would be a cakewalk. Lesson Learned. :ugeek:
And to be fair, Weber State was very bad last year, may be again this year, and NDSU had just run over a Big 12 team (albeit a poor one), so a lot of NDSU posters felt like that game would be a cakewalk.

mtgrizrule said:
Like it or not, their team has earned the right for their fans to be cocky!

mtgrizrule - I have to disagree with you on this one. Teams earn the right to be cocky. Fans don't earn any of this.

AZGrizFan said:
Can't remember the last time I wanted the Griz to beat a team so badly. The vast majority of the people posting on their board appear to be complete douches.

.....and now you know how a lot of Big Sky fans have felt about some (the frothing at the mouth internet based minority) but not all of the Griz fan base over the years.

I've always been of the belief that the Griz fan base in person is a whole different beast than what is represented here on the internets.

The Bison fan base will not continue to go undefeated forever. History proves time and time again that no dynasty/empire lasts forever.

MT Jack, you hit the nail on the head. Fans are fans and they've done nothing to earn the right to be cocky, unless they want to take credit for someone else's work. And there are bad fans for every team that does this, whether they are bison, Griz, cats, etc. - there are just some fan bases that have a much higher ratio of annoying fans like this than others, and after looking at the bison fan site they appear to have a real infestation over there. Yuck.

MT Jack said:
mtgrizrule said:
Like it or not, their team has earned the right for their fans to be cocky!

mtgrizrule - I have to disagree with you on this one. Teams earn the right to be cocky. Fans don't earn any of this.

I did post "their team has earned". I do agree with you though. The fans reap the benefits of winning, and for some fans that is being overly cocky. :thumb:

CV Griz Fan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Perused Bisonville (first and definitely LAST time I'll make that mistake) to see how they felt prior to the Weber State game....these were some of the score predictions:

...not close by halftime...
44-10
42-7
...Bison roll this team...
49-10
38-10
40-0
45-10
38-3 snoozer
42-10
42-10
35-0
45-10
...we'll probably win by 40...
...watching Weber warm up...they don't have a clue what they're going up against...

and it went on and on and on prior to kickoff.

Though tough to find, there were a few voices of reason pre-kickoff:

BisonFan02: "Anybody besides me at least a little bit nervous for this game?"
marenlee: "Does anybody else feel we haven't seen enough of this team to be completely sold?"

By page 18 of the thread however, when it became obvious this wasn't going to be a walkover there are comments like:

"u-g-l-y"
"Weber State ain't rollin' over"
"Now I'm starting to freak out. We gotta get our crap together"
"This is embarrassing"
"Not Bison football"
"well, f***"
"toe to toe"

Follow that less than stellar performance with a 58-0 waxing of the 2nd easiest team in the FCS and suddenly they're world beaters again. They learned nothing from the Weber State experience and are right back to their self righteous, assholish, cocky selves.

Can't remember the last time I wanted the Griz to beat a team so badly. The vast majority of the people posting on their board appear to be complete douches.

I think this game just needs to be played. It'll benefit both Message Boards immensely!

This is the truest post ever. :clap: :thumb: :clap:

BigSkyBears said:
Griz fans are just the same.

I'm not and never have been. I get a nervous feeling with every team the griz have played, even "bad" teams during our good years. Talking senseless trash and puffing up like a blowfish only comes back to bite you when your team finally falls. NDSU is a great team and have earned everyone's respect but they will fall. Hopefully sooner than later.

There is only one direction you can go when you are #1.

WaGriz4life said:
To be fair, if we won 3 straight National Titles, I can't even begin to imagine how bad our board would be...

In all seriousness, we haven't lost a regular game since the middle of the 2012 season so what do we expect. We have to lose eventually but honestly I cant even remember what it feels like after a loss since it's been so long We haven't lost on the road since 2010. We were 2 field goals away from winning 47 straight games. So I wouldn't call it cockiness... we have reason to be confident. After our second Gameday we literally piss rainbows

FUCK THE BISON and their pussy ass dome.
You assholes should thank our president directly.
27 wins never would've been sniffed if Phlu hadn't been wrongfully fired.

MONTANA is back on the rise and your run is about to END.

pussycatkillerz said:
f*** THE BISON and their pussy ass dome.
27 wins never would've never been sniffed if Phlu hadn't been wrongfully fired.

:thumb: :cool:

pussycatkillerz said:

FUCK YES!! Fuck the bison. Tired of hearing about that shit. If I remember right the last team to knock them out of the playoffs was a BSC team. Granted that was a while ago but who cares? FTB :evil:

NLGrizFan said:
pussycatkillerz said:

f*** YES!! f*** the bison. Tired of hearing about that shit. If I remember right the last team to knock them out of the playoffs was a BSC team. Granted that was a while ago but who cares? FTB :evil:

Totally!!!!!! FTB!! I BELIEVE! :thumb:

Hammer said:
NLGrizFan said:
pussycatkillerz said:

f*** YES!! f*** the bison. Tired of hearing about that shit. If I remember right the last team to knock them out of the playoffs was a BSC team. Granted that was a while ago but who cares? FTB :evil:

Totally!!!!!! FTB!! I BELIEVE! :thumb:
Fuck it, I'm going with a 20-17 Griz. Final. I can not see any team replacing that many players and remaining dominant. Weber State a fluke? No. ISU played like shit. Incarcerated Words, Billings West would annihilate em...

pussycatkillerz said:

In 24 hours do I get to throw this back in your face after we hang the spread on you?

I have no problem with the cockiness of the Bison fans. It is to be expected. The problem is, when a program becomes as big and as good as NDSU has, is the WE thing. Right now, some Bizon fans, at least the majority I've seen posting here, now BELIEVE they are on the team, or in the coaches box, or in the admin offices. They BELIEVE,THEY have won 27 games in a row. They start to quietly discredit Craig Bohl or Brock Jensen or Billy Turner, or the athletic director, or anyone else who was ACTUALLY responsible for what NDSU has achieved the last four years. When in reality, NDSU has been so exceptionally talented and Bohl has been such an exceptional coach, that the Bizon would have won ALL THREE of those national titles, even if not ONE fan had followed them to Frisco or filled the Fargodome every Saturday. What I'm seeing from a minority of NDSU posters is that they are crossing that line between being a FAN and being somewhat delusional. And that's when trouble starts, that's when boosters start to overstep their bounds, it's when the program becomes to big to sustain itself. It's happened to EVERY major college football program that has gone on a run like NDSU has, and it WILL happen to the Bizon.

The similarities between how SOME Bizon fans are talking right now, and how SOME Griz fans were talking just a few years ago is frighteningly close.

Back