• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bison Fan Cockiness

havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with the cockiness of the Bison fans. It is to be expected. The problem is, when a program becomes as big and as good as NDSU has, is the WE thing. Right now, some Bizon fans, at least the majority I've seen posting here, now BELIEVE they are on the team, or in the coaches box, or in the admin offices. They BELIEVE,THEY have won 27 games in a row. They start to quietly discredit Craig Bohl or Brock Jensen or Billy Turner, or the athletic director, or anyone else who was ACTUALLY responsible for what NDSU has achieved the last four years. When in reality, NDSU has been so exceptionally talented and Bohl has been such an exceptional coach, that the Bizon would have won ALL THREE of those national titles, even if not ONE fan had followed them to Frisco or filled the Fargodome every Saturday. What I'm seeing from a minority of NDSU posters is that they are crossing that line between being a FAN and being somewhat delusional. And that's when trouble starts, that's when boosters start to overstep their bounds, it's when the program becomes to big to sustain itself. It's happened to EVERY major college football program that has gone on a run like NDSU has, and it WILL happen to the Bizon.

The similarities between how SOME Bizon fans are talking right now, and how SOME Griz fans were talking just a few years ago is frighteningly close.
Although I do understand the point of your post, I dont know anyone that fits that description.

NDSUSR said:
havgrizfan said:
I have no problem with the cockiness of the Bison fans. It is to be expected. The problem is, when a program becomes as big and as good as NDSU has, is the WE thing. Right now, some Bizon fans, at least the majority I've seen posting here, now BELIEVE they are on the team, or in the coaches box, or in the admin offices. They BELIEVE,THEY have won 27 games in a row. They start to quietly discredit Craig Bohl or Brock Jensen or Billy Turner, or the athletic director, or anyone else who was ACTUALLY responsible for what NDSU has achieved the last four years. When in reality, NDSU has been so exceptionally talented and Bohl has been such an exceptional coach, that the Bizon would have won ALL THREE of those national titles, even if not ONE fan had followed them to Frisco or filled the Fargodome every Saturday. What I'm seeing from a minority of NDSU posters is that they are crossing that line between being a FAN and being somewhat delusional. And that's when trouble starts, that's when boosters start to overstep their bounds, it's when the program becomes to big to sustain itself. It's happened to EVERY major college football program that has gone on a run like NDSU has, and it WILL happen to the Bizon.

The similarities between how SOME Bizon fans are talking right now, and how SOME Griz fans were talking just a few years ago is frighteningly close.
Although I do understand the point of your post, I dont know anyone that fits that description.
You're joking... Right?

sytevase.jpg

uvebypyq.jpg

upu8arad.jpg

hy5yhe2e.jpg

I really hope we shut some of these smug a-holes up tomorrow... :roll:

NLGrizFan said:
NDSUSR said:
havgrizfan said:

You're joking... Right?

Could this be a hint and/or warning that Royce Engstrom will be the next NDSU President? :thumb:

:clap: This thread is making my whole night. 99.9999% of you guys on here act JUST like these NDSU guys, except you did all of your FCS domination in previous years past. In 10 years the NDSU dynasty will be long over, but they will still be thumping their chests like they are still number one (this should sound familiar), while the rest of the league rolls their eyes. Too much success leads to elitism and sense of entitlement. Obviously this doesn't transcend the entire fan base, but it sure seems to infiltrate fans who post of message forums for some reason. Happy football Saturday everyone :D

NLGrizFan said:
pussycatkillerz said:
f*** THE BISON and their pussy ass dome.
You assholes should thank our president directly.
27 wins never would've never been sniffed if Phlu hadn't been wrongfully fired.

MONTANA is back on the rise and your run is about to END.
f*** YES!! f*** the bison. Tired of hearing about that shit. If I remember right the last team to knock them out of the playoffs was a BSC team. Granted that was a while ago but who cares? FTB :evil:

Last road loss was to a BSC team, EWU. Bison did beat Montana Light the week prior, in Bozo, 42-17. Since that game, the Bison have won 19 straight road games. Hopefully the streak in alive when NDSU returns to Montana.

statler & waldorf said:
WaGriz4life said:
To be fair, if we won 3 straight National Titles, I can't even begin to imagine how bad our board would be...

True. Bad enough now. Just look at the prediction thread and you get a whiff of how out of touch Griz fans can be, with 20-30 point win predictions. I want a win in Fargo as much as anyone, but I live in reality.
Don't do it. People think you are not a fan if you are a realist.

Good luck today and I hope the OK can protect JJ.

I love the sarcasm.
ncaa-football-north-dakota-state-iowa-state4-850x560.jpg

NDSUSR said:
havgrizfan said:

Although I do understand the point of your post, I dont know anyone that fits that description.[/quote]

Robsnotes4u said:
statler & waldorf said:
WaGriz4life said:
To be fair, if we won 3 straight National Titles, I can't even begin to imagine how bad our board would be...

True. Bad enough now. Just look at the prediction thread and you get a whiff of how out of touch Griz fans can be, with 20-30 point win predictions. I want a win in Fargo as much as anyone, but I live in reality.
Don't do it. People think you are not a fan if you are a realist.

Good luck today and I hope the OK can protect JJ.

Oklahoma will not be protecting JJ today. Just sayin'

ncaa-football-north-dakota-state-iowa-state-850x560.jpg

IroneagleXP said:
:clap: This thread is making my whole night. 99.9999% of you guys on here act JUST like these NDSU guys, except you did all of your FCS domination in previous years past. In 10 years the NDSU dynasty will be long over, but they will still be thumping their chests like they are still number one (this should sound familiar), while the rest of the league rolls their eyes. Too much success leads to elitism and sense of entitlement. Obviously this doesn't transcend the entire fan base, but it sure seems to infiltrate fans who post of message forums for some reason. Happy football Saturday everyone :D

Acting that way prior to playing a UNC or Idaho State is one thing. I can't recall a time where we ever dissed a highly ranked opponent, or dismissed them like the vast majority of NDSU fans seem to be doing. Hey, maybe they're right and there's just nobody in their league, but man they come off as douchebags acting like they just beat Oregon 58-0 and not Incarnate Fucking Word.

IroneagleXP said:

99.9999% huh? Off the top of my head I can think of a couple dozen posters who this doesn't fit. So under your reasoning.....egriz must have millions of fans posting to achieve that number. Good to know we have the biggest damn fan base in the world.

havgrizfan said:

All I can say to this is WE will win today.

...you give no respect...
...you get no respect...
...fcuk no dak state...
...go griz...

... :cool: ...

AZGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:

Acting that way prior to playing a UNC or Idaho State is one thing. I can't recall a time where we ever dissed a highly ranked opponent, or dismissed them like the vast majority of NDSU fans seem to be doing. Hey, maybe they're right and there's just nobody in their league, but man they come off as douchebags acting like they just beat Oregon 58-0 and not Incarnate f***[*] Word.

I'll take the Griz - 13 for any amount of money you want. :cool:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65059&hilit=coastal+carolina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
IroneagleXP said:

Acting that way prior to playing a UNC or Idaho State is one thing. I can't recall a time where we ever dissed a highly ranked opponent, or dismissed them like the vast majority of NDSU fans seem to be doing. Hey, maybe they're right and there's just nobody in their league, but man they come off as douchebags acting like they just beat Oregon 58-0 and not Incarnate f***[*] Word.

I'll take the Griz - 13 for any amount of money you want. :cool:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65059&hilit=coastal+carolina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol:

What's your point?

Back