• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobkittens dismiss running back Anthony Knight

ABQCat said:
Instances of rape and domestic violence shouldn't ever be included in the same conversation as a kid who flew home late at night after a drubbing loss in Flagstaff and went to a party that ultimately was busted by the cops and resulted in a tasing, so in a way I'm agreeing with you. However you should be careful in making too many high horse claims about um not having, or ever have had, any kids with character issues. My point, all in sarcasm font, is that every team at some point can expect some sort of trouble. The key is handling the issue promptly and consistently. Pflu was bad at this. Delaney was good at it. Ash is good at it. My guess is Stitt is good at it. We'll see.
No one claimed that, but that's exactly the point. MSU has a horrible record on crime on campus, and not just associated with athletics. It's like our very own EWU right here in Montana. Naturally, Wombats go nuts -- indeed on their "high horses" -- with "See! See!" every time there is an incident at UM.

A brief recap of the crimes reads like the script ideas for 'Law & Order'…rape, drugs, beatings, and murder. In 2005 a former Bobcat point guard served a 90 days in jail for the rape of a 15 year-old girl. In 2004 a former assistant football coach was sentenced to 4 years in federal prison for dealing methamphetamines. Athletes fought with athletes, the locals, and the cops. But the bulk of the scandal came in the summer of 2006 on the heels of a sizeable cocaine ring run and funded by MSU athletes. Investigators uncovered a sophisticated operation that ran between the summers of 2005 and 2007 and brought nearly 30 pounds of cocaine into Montana from California. The 18-month investigation lead to the arrest of six former and current MSU athletes; basketball player Branden Miller and football player John LeBrum were both charged with first degree murder in the killing of fellow cocaine dealer Jason Wright.

On May 15th, 2007, authorities arrested Ricky Gatewood, an MSU football darling that investigators discovered was bankrolling the cocaine operation with funds from his full ride athletic scholarship. The day after Ricky Gatewood was arrested, MSU fired Coach Kramer in what Athletic Director Peter Fields dubbed a “crisis of leadership.”
http://www.bozeman-magpie.com/perspective-full-article.php?article_id=121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2010 #58 the most dangerous campuses in the United States, Montana State University Bozeman, Montana

Criminal Incidents (most recent 3 calendar years):
Murder: 1 :shock:
Negligent Murder: 0
Forcible Rape: 36 :shock:
Nonforcible Rape: 1
Robbery: 0
Aggravated Assault: 4
Burglary: 30 :shock:
Motor Vehicle Theft: 6
Arson: 39 :shock:
#436, The University of Montana Missoula, Montana

Criminal Incidents (most recent 3 calendar years):
Murder: 0
Negligent Murder: 0
Forcible Rape: 2
Nonforcible Rape: 0
Robbery: 2
Aggravated Assault: 1
Burglary: 6
Motor Vehicle Theft: 11
Arson: 1
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/09/14/most-dangerous-college-campuses-ranked.html
2011: An investigation by Montana State University into allegations against MSU Orchestra conductor Shuichi Komiyama has concluded that he had an intimate relationship with a female student and violated university policies against sexual harassment and gender discrimination. ....

The investigative report says the student alleged that Komiyama, 47, insisted on a sex act in his MSU office. She further alleged that, after she tried to end the affair, he once forced her to have sexual intercourse. ...

The report also says that other female students accused Komiyama of making sexual advances toward them...
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/education/msu-investigation-finds-professor-sexually-harassed-student/article_c78b8016-d5ef-11e0-824e-001cc4c03286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The woman said Komiyama threatened her, saying if she didn't spend time with him, she wouldn't graduate and her music career would end. The woman said she feared for her safety.

The suit said that Komiyama routinely put female students in compromising situations, which often ended with him receiving sexual favors, often on campus. When the woman questioned Komiyama's conduct, she said that he replied that, “all good women conductors do this; it's just part of the music business.”

During the later part of the semester, Komiyama went to the woman's house, served her alcohol and had sex with her while she cried and repeatedly told him no.

MSU music department staff, as well as the school's legal counsel, were aware of Komiyama's actions yet did nothing to intervene, the lawsuit alleges. MSU demonstrated “deliberate indifference” for the safety and security of its students when it failed to inquire if Komiyama had any felony convictions, especially those involving students, the suit said.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/montana_state_university/former-student-claims-she-was-raped-by-music-professor-sues/article_d94aaa9a-376b-11e3-b0fa-001a4bcf887a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where were the "social justice warriors" and the DOJ when a forcible rape occurred, committed by a minority hire faculty member at MSU? Komiyama was never charged. Those mighty seekers of "justice" were in the same place as when a forcible rape occurred at UM committed by a wealthy Muslim student. But, give them a White Quarterback under circumstances so weak that hardly anyone believes the charges should have been brought? "Indignation" has become very much a select political tool having nothing to do with "rape."

Allegations of attempted assaults against high school students had been circulating. High school districts had been up in arms, but MSU, having hired a convicted sexual felon in the first place, bringing him to Montana where he sexually preyed on MSU students and Montana high school students, did nothing.
One school district already wasn’t allowing him into their schools. If Komiyama again organized the All-State Orchestra for high school musicians, Leech wrote, “I fear a rebellion on the part of public school music teachers across the state.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/montana_state_university/documents-allege-ex-msu-conductor-pursued-high-school-and-college/article_dadebef4-6423-11e1-a8ec-001871e3ce6c.html

Komiyama pleaded guilty in 1990 to having sexual intercourse with a minor. Then 25, he admitted to having a relationship with a 14-year-old attending the California high school where he was working at the time. He was convicted of two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, the letter from the state says.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/msu-music-professor-will-register-as-sex-offender-attorney-says/article_1d69f640-9827-11e0-9169-001cc4c03286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2013: Two women reported being raped in separate incidents at two Montana State University fraternity houses over the weekend.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/news/crime/two-rapes-reported-at-msu-fraternities/article_5f418f62-1f05-11e3-9688-0019bb2963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2015: Knight was arrested for partner or family member assault and theft following an early morning domestic dispute with a woman at a Belgrade apartment.
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/msu-running-back-knight-arrested-for-assault-theft/article_ca8ca515-35ad-5f8b-86be-7ac038661f3f.html#ixzz3aE5fkukH

My point is not that college aged people don't do stupid, even criminal actions. My point is and always has been, Bozeman reveled in the "Rape Nation" charges about UM; and did so from the heart of an actual "Rape Nation." It was a disgusting and despicable hypocrisy.

Bobcats expressing sensitivity to criticism of ongoing Bobcat criminal behaviors are, indeed, attempting to mount a "high horse" for which they have demonstrated no credibility themselves, given the recent criminal history on that campus and amid cynical and dishonest efforts to exploit UM's situation to portray it entirely unfairly.

Getgizzy needs his pacifier--JJ, according to Robin Pflugrad is of high character and more importantly, a jury of 12 of his peers agreed--that's why he was acquitted.

Coach Pflu is a pretty good judge of character: he and Jim O' Day also thought Jimmy Wilson deserved a second chance: Pflu and Jim were right in both cases !!!

Getgizzy needs to update his Puritan morality from the 18th Century to The 21st Century: calling a fellow student on the phone, having her come pick him up, having consensual sex with her, and she gives him a ride phone is not taking advantage of the girl unless she is helpless to make up her own mind and is not capable of making her own decisions in life.

Should he have called her--sure he should have. Since we are all equal, I guess unless her fingers were broken on both hands, she also could have called him.

If we placed all college kids that had one-night stands in prison and that drank under the age of 21, we could fill up the entire state of Montana with jails for all of those little male and female horny bastards coast-to-coast and we would probably still need at least half of Idaho !!!

Beating up your girl friend that you are co-habitating with and then robbing her: definitely a sign of low character, if true, and Shitty Kitty Skipper Ash must indeed think the charges are true or he would not have kicked Knight off his team. (Personally, I would have suspended the kid and let due process run its course before kicking Knight off the team.)

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
The key is handling the issue promptly and consistently.
Actually, the key is to avoid those dbags in the first place. Ron Ash is "committed" to second chances
Similar to giving a murderer a second chance that ultimately led to an NFL career? As I told 75, careful getting too far on the high horse. Stitt will have his chance eventually. We will see how he does. I suspect he's cut from the same mold as Ash and will do a good job.

See, there you go again. He wasn't a murderer. No matter how many times you repeat it, it doesn't make it true. He was defending his aunt, and killed the guy in self defense. As found by a jury of his peers. But don't let facts get in the way of your rant. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:
Actually, the key is to avoid those dbags in the first place. Ron Ash is "committed" to second chances
Similar to giving a murderer a second chance that ultimately led to an NFL career? As I told 75, careful getting too far on the high horse. Stitt will have his chance eventually. We will see how he does. I suspect he's cut from the same mold as Ash and will do a good job.

You should have stopped 3 or 4 posts ago when you were kinda making sense.

EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:
ABQCat said:

Thanks I think. The only thing missing is CDAs stock comment on how I'm posting on a grizzz forum as a Cat fan. At that point we are complete for this thread.

ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

Thanks I think. The only thing missing is CDAs stock comment on how I'm posting on a grizzz forum as a Cat fan. At that point we are complete for this thread.

So I get what you're saying in regards to the infamous Trumaine Taser incident. You're trying to make the point that there should have been more punishment and that Pflugrad should have been more aggressive with his handling of it. You're also making points of how the UofM provided lawyers to him to help get his charges dropped/reduced. These are valid points for discussion.

However, I think we are talking apples to oranges here:
- Knight gets booted off Nevada for misconduct
- he claims he's coming to MSU, and gets arrested one week later for reckless driving and no insurance
- one week after that he is again arrested for holding a man at gun point and robbery
- after all that, Ash welcomes him with open arms for his "second" chance (when it's really his 4th)
- he gets suspended a game last year for misconduct (5th chance)
- he finally gets boot from MSU for beating his girl and taking her money. (6th time a charm I guess)

- Trumaine gets drunk at a party
- cops bust it aggressively and get physical and lippy with Tru and others
- Tru gets tazed and arrested along with Kemp
- Kemps grandparent bails them out of jail
- eyewitnesses (100.of them) say the cops were way too aggressive and offer cell video evidence
- charges get dropped
- Tru sits out a quarter for disciplinary issues

Those two incidents seem very different to me. You must be able to see that, right? In the end, the Griz vacate wins where kemp and Tru played in 2011 for the grandparent (booster I guess according to NCAA) bailing them out and are also reprimanded for providing a lawyer even though 95% of college sports teams have done same. Apples to oranges in my opinion.

HookedonGriz said:
ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

So I get what you're saying in regards to the infamous Trumaine Taser incident. You're trying to make the point that there should have been more punishment and that Pflugrad should have been more aggressive with his handling of it. You're also making points of how the UofM provided lawyers to him to help get his charges dropped/reduced. These are valid points for discussion.

- he claims he's coming to MSU, and gets arrested one week later for reckless driving and no insurance
- one week after that he is again arrested for holding a man at gun point and robbery
- after all that, Ash welcomes him with open arms for his "second" chance (when it's really his 4th)
- he finally gets boot from MSU for beating his girl and taking her money. (6th time a charm I guess)

- eyewitnesses (100.of them) say the cops were way too aggressive and offer cell video evidence
- charges get dropped

Those two incidents seem very different to me. You must be able to see that, right? In the end, the Griz vacate wins where kemp and Tru played in 2011 for the grandparent (booster I guess according to NCAA) bailing them out and are also reprimanded for providing a lawyer even though 95% of college sports teams have done same. Apples to oranges in my opinion.

cat fans don't like facts to get in the way of their anti-Griz/anti-Missoula rants, particularly over on BN. They particularly won't like or acknowledge that UM is a much safer campus for students as detailed above. That definitely won't match up with their fictional narrative about UM, Missoula and bozo. That's too bad, because the first step to finding solutions is to acknowledge problems exist in the first place.

Paytonlives said:
Comon fellas...

Every team that wants to compete, at some time takes a chance or two on a player. Its the nature of the beast that we call athletics. Coaches do their investigation and make a decision based on what they think. Sometimes those players are good salesmen and they get a second chance.

Do you really think that Ash never looked into this guys background? Do you think he gave him a scholly without asking some very serious questions? Do you think that if Ash knew this would happen he would still give him the scholly?

Face it, every great team takes a few gambles... sometimes they bite you in the Ash.
I agree 100% with your comments. I also think Ash may be feeling the hot seat. He may have felt he needed to take some chances with some questionable kids. One of those high risk/potential high reward or crash deals.

If Ash could get an entire TEAM by picking up soiled D1 rejects, he'd do it. The second chance line is just propoganda and cover for administration, who has to be complicit in the whole concept. Cruzado recognizes the cash cow potential of a successful football program. UMs success hasn't been lost on her, so she's not about to pull an Engstrom.

HookedonGriz said:
ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:

- charges get dropped

My understanding was another player's parents bailed him out and the Kemp family did not cover the payback in time to meet NCAA guidelines. Payback was done within a week, but not fast enough. Really ridiculous this was one of the primary reasons for forfeiting games. Also my understanding was Kemp was tazed first for not putting phone down. Kemp was saying he was talking to his lawyer (though actually his grandfather) and cop just went off with taze followed by pulling his arms behind his back. Kemp had been injured earlier at the NAU game so the pain was crazy bad and Tru jumped in to complain thus he was also tazed. It is my understanding neither Kemp or Tru were drunk-hadn't been there that long. You are right, the video evidence made the police back down on charges.

firmgriz said:
cat fans don't like facts to get in the way of their anti-Griz/anti-Missoula rants, particularly over on BN. They particularly won't like or acknowledge that UM is a much safer campus for students as detailed above. That definitely won't match up with their fictional narrative about UM, Missoula and bozo. That's too bad, because the first step to finding solutions is to acknowledge problems exist in the first place.

You would be correct if you are using a 2010 article that uses 2006-2008 data.

DuCharme said:
NDSUSR said:
Hey maybe you can sign Coprich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought ISU was the place for drug dealers to go, maybe Montana can muscle in?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I kid, I kid. Griz are a little classier than that.

Too soon?

How you're still with us is amazing. Considering you don't look before crossing the street.

Ha....that's funny stuff right there.

KoolMoeDee said:
firmgriz said:

If 'Cat fans and the NCAA can decide the Griz 2011 BSC championship and playoff run didn't exist then Griz fans can decide nothing has happened since 2009.

ABQCat said:
EverettGriz said:
ABQCat said:
garizzalies said:

You're posting on a Griz forum as a cat fan.

KoolMoeDee said:
firmgriz said:

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/safest-campus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good on Ash to kick him out. Let justice run its course, and it's not an MSU issue at this point because he's gone.

On a related note, imagine the risks UM would have to take on players to be able to be competitive in the MWC. :shock:

NorthwestFresh said:
Good on Ash to kick him out. Let justice run its course, and it's not an MSU issue at this point because he's gone.

On a related note, imagine the risks UM would have to take on players to be able to be competitive in the MWC. :shock:

:roll:

That post confirms that you're an idiot.

NorthwestFresh said:

Dude, you accepting the bet or not? :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:

Dude, you accepting the bet or not? :roll:

Doesn't really matter. He won't pay up anyhow.

Back