• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobkittens dismiss running back Anthony Knight

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:
Good on Ash to kick him out. Let justice run its course, and it's not an MSU issue at this point because he's gone.

On a related note, imagine the risks UM would have to take on players to be able to be competitive in the MWC. :shock:

Dude, you accepting the bet or not? :roll:

Doesn't really matter. He won't pay up anyhow.

It's a pattern here.

True gamblers ALWAYS pay their bets. You might not be able to make your house payment on time but you pay your gambling debt, or you're labeled a welching POS forever. Truth.

jodcon said:
EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthwestFresh said:
Good on Ash to kick him out. Let justice run its course, and it's not an MSU issue at this point because he's gone.

On a related note, imagine the risks UM would have to take on players to be able to be competitive in the MWC. :shock:

Doesn't really matter. He won't pay up anyhow.

It's a pattern here.

True gamblers ALWAYS pay their bets. You might not be able to make your house payment on time but you pay your gambling debt, or you're labeled a welching POS forever. Truth.

I pay. I rarely lose, but when I do, I pay. And I've never missed a house payment. :D

AZGrizFan said:

No, I'm not accepting the bet. I have full confidence that the GCC will be underway after next season after reading how it will be funded.

I was mistaken in thinking that loans wouldn't be used to finance it.

EverettGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:

:roll:

That post confirms that you're an idiot.

How so? Is the Mustard Seed going to attract solid FBS players to Missoula? UM would certainly have to rely heavily on JC kids, along with risky HS athletes who better programs in better locations pass on, in order to compete with a Boise State, a Utah State, or a Fresno State.

Hell, those programs take on risky players right now. Imagine convincing a solid FBS player from LA to spend the next four years of his life in Missoula, MT.

NorthwestFresh said:
AZGrizFan said:

No, I'm not accepting the bet. I have full confidence that the GCC will be underway after next season after reading how it will be funded.

Pussy.

PhxGriz said:

I doubt you'd say that to my face. Also, after talking to folks in Missoula, I'm not going to piss away $100.

I should have bet AZGrizFAN on how many "big time" programs offer 4-year scholarships now.

You guys can continue to think that UM is some sort of sleeping power program for FBS football, though.

NorthwestFresh said:
AZGrizFan said:

Uhhh, yeah. We told you that 17 threads ago. :roll:

Great trollin' tho.

I will literally be in Bothell this weekend. Do either EverettGriz or PHXGriz care to meet up on Sunday for a beer Sunday afternoon? I'm going to the M's/Red Sox game Saturday night (King Felix!!!) and won't be available until then.

Then you can call me a pussy to my face. How does Thrasher's sound?

NorthwestFresh said:
AZGrizFan said:

So, should I be a dick like you and stalk you around eGriz, reminding you in every thread of the fact you were "mistaken" about the GCC, like you do to me about the stupid 4-year scholarship issue? Which, ironically, you just did AGAIN about 3 posts above this. :roll: :roll:

Nah...it's enough for me just to know you're a fucking pathetic hypocrite 'scat fan with a massive case of Griz envy.

Go away, please. This place was much more enjoyable for the 18 hours you were gone.

NorthwestFresh said:
EverettGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:

:roll:

That post confirms that you're an idiot.

How so? Is the Mustard Seed going to attract solid FBS players to Missoula? UM would certainly have to rely heavily on JC kids, along with risky HS athletes who better programs in better locations pass on, in order to compete with a Boise State, a Utah State, or a Fresno State.

Hell, those programs take on risky players right now. Imagine convincing a solid FBS player from LA to spend the next four years of his life in Missoula, MT.

How many players from LA do we CURRENTLY "convince" to spend 4 years in Montana? Here's the answer: Not very damned many.

Missoula ain't for everybody. Then again, Laramie, Boise, Fresno, Albuquerque, etc. aren't exactly garden spots either. That's why "solid" FBS players don't play there....they play in Eugene, Corvallis, Berkeley, L.A., Seattle, etc. I have NO doubt a Griz team in the MWC would be able to attract plenty of quality people AND quality MWC-level athletes to compete. Hell, a good chunk of the team is ALREADY MWC-level (or at least has been in previous years), we just don't have the depth necessary without the 22 extra scholarships.

NorthwestFresh said:
I will literally be in Bothell this weekend. Do either EverettGriz or PHXGriz care to meet up on Sunday for a beer Sunday afternoon? I'm going to the M's/Red Sox game Saturday night (King Felix!!!) and won't be available until then.

Holy crap am I neurotic. Sent you a PM, but it keeps saying it is stuck in the "outbox".

Anywho, more than happy to meet a Griz fan. Let's fist o cuff, then drink!

PhxGriz said:
NorthwestFresh said:

Holy crap am I neurotic. Sent you a PM, but it keeps saying it is stuck in the "outbox".

Anywho, more than happy to meet a Griz fan. Let's fist o cuff, then drink!
Get video of the fist-o-cuffs!

Montana State dismisses running back from team
Bozeman, MT (SportsNetwork.com) - Montana State University football coach Rob Ash dismissed senior running back Anthony Knight from the program Thursday for violating the school's student-athlete code of conduct.

Knight was arrested early Thursday morning following a dispute with a female student on campus. He was charged with partner/family member assault and theft after allegedly striking the woman in the face by throwing her purse and then taking $85 from it.

Knight, originally from Boston, had played at the University of Nevada and Riverside (Calif.) Community College before transferring to Montana State before last season. He played in 10 games with the Bobcats, rushing for 496 yards and 12 touchdowns.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=823769" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
05/15 11:52:43 ET

What is it with guys like Knight, who are big and strong that like to slap women around?

Hookedongriz said:
However, I think we are talking apples to oranges here:
- Knight gets booted off Nevada for misconduct
- he claims he's coming to MSU, and gets arrested one week later for reckless driving and no insurance
- one week after that he is again arrested for holding a man at gun point and robbery
- after all that, Ash welcomes him with open arms for his "second" chance (when it's really his 4th)
- he gets suspended a game last year for misconduct (5th chance)
- he finally gets boot from MSU for beating his girl and taking her money. (6th time a charm I guess)
That wasn't giving him a second chance, that was simply asking for (more) trouble.

I am not a cat apologist, but I read the report in the Tribune today, and it sounds like he either should have called the police, or let his 85 dollars go. Hell hath no fury I guess. But given his history, he should have known that he should have walked away.

Back