• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bodnar - refreshing

don-johnson-1.jpg

Dutch Lane said:
Argh! Are you not a fan of both Hauck and Bodner? They both have just jumped into a pressure cooker that they had nothing today with creating. Hauck has been gone for what 7 or 8 years?
What the hell is a finky beard. I googled it and it sent me to funky beards. Lol. What is bodner like 35, he is part of younger generation that has its own style and aesthetic that is different then my generation, but my generation was different then my parents and on and on as our culture progresses. I don’t get what is the relevance to whether he shaves every day or not. He was in the military where he was required to maintain military appearance and grooming. So he’s a civilian now and maybe doesn’t like to shave or maybe his wife likes it. Whatever, Lol. I don’t know how you can somehow minimize what he is trying to convey, so early in his tenure, to get behind the Griz publicly like he should be doing. I like it and hope he continues and is the Griz greatest cheerleader and advocate. He should be at every game and rally out front in promoting the Griz. Good on him and good for Hauck. I hope they are working together to right the Griz ship. Im pretty excited by what they are both doing. Go Griz go Hauck go bodner. Ktb (keep the beard).

didn't even show for the tournament championship.

argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:
Just saw a video of Pres Bodnar hugging and high fiving our basketball team as they get ready to head to Wichita. I must admit it's very refreshing to see such support from our Pres like that. I have seen more Bodnar presence at all things UM in the last few months than I ever saw RE in years.

then you didn't look. whenever possible, engstrom was present at such events.

how's the "finky beard" replica doing(bqm)
Can you tell me one good thing RE has done for UM?

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:
Just saw a video of Pres Bodnar hugging and high fiving our basketball team as they get ready to head to Wichita. I must admit it's very refreshing to see such support from our Pres like that. I have seen more Bodnar presence at all things UM in the last few months than I ever saw RE in years.

grant support

argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

No, Engstrom wasn't. And even when he came to speak briefly at the Great Griz Encounter, almost no one paid attention to him. Some even booed lightly. Can't imagine Engstrom ever went to see a team off like that. Engstrom probably came to many football games. I didn't see him, but assume he did. He came only to some basketball games. Bodnar has been to many men's and women's games, often with his wife and sometimes his kids. He would be sprinting back and forth from the Presidents Box and the president's chair seats.

A few years ago, my buddy with chair seats next to the president's seats, brought O'Day, I believe, and had him sit next to Engstrom. A few other posters on here know more about this than I do, but I think I was told this. When I took Pflugrad to some hoops games, he'd catch Engstrom's attention as he walked by. Always a very brief pleasant exchange.

Bodnar is 38, I believe. I was told he was working 17 hour days. I see him all over the place. I think he's awesome, but he's got his hands full.

PlayerRep said:
Bodnar is 38, I believe. I was told he was working 17 hour days. I see him all over the place. I think he's awesome, but he's got his hands full.

I've heard him speak at 3 different business association functions so far. He is really getting out and advocating for the University to the private sector. I know for companies like mine and others that look to employ talent from University grads, that is extremely refreshing. Hoping department heads make similar efforts, I know some that are.

argh! said:
garizzalies said:
argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

grant support
Link?

argh! said:
garizzalies said:
argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

grant support

When does a president ever apply for grant support? Don't professors do that? Please explain. Please tell us what grants Engstrom was responsible for.

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:
argh! said:
HookedonGriz said:

Maybe social media and Bodnar's strong presence on it has changed perception as well. I see him on Facebook and Twitter at tons of university events. I'm guessing RE thinks Twitter has something to do with birdwatching so that may explain it

I twitter my wife every so often.
Well shucks.... I have been telling people all this time that I don't twitter. Didn't think I did, till I read this comment !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

AZDoc said:
i_the_sky said:
I think we really hit the jack pot with this guy he has shown nothing but class from the first second he was introduced as president! ! Our university and it's sports tradition will excel under him! Hiring Bobby was a great start now we must support all of our sports programs and make us strong again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless!!!

Seriously dude...did you eat paint chips as a kid?

I think he is Steve Kornacki.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
garizzalies said:
argh! said:

grant support

When does a president ever apply for grant support? Don't professors do that? Please explain. Please tell us what grants Engstrom was responsible for.

big grants, i.e. over $5 mil or so, typically have university components to them, i.e. the university says it will do x, y, and z to help fulfill the specific aims of a grant. administrations also do a large number of other things that can make or break the success of grants, to the point that as a reviewer i get asked to rate the level of support from an institution for even smaller (1 million) grants.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
garizzalies said:

grant support

big grants, i.e. over $5 mil or so, typically have university components to them, i.e. the university says it will do x, y, and z to help fulfill the specific aims of a grant. administrations also do a large number of other things that can make or break the success of grants, to the point that as a reviewer i get asked to rate the level of support from an institution for even smaller (1 million) grants.

Hey Royce, you are a tenured chemistry professor who received a sizable "bonus" while sorta serving as the president of the university of Montana. I think you can afford to buy a new keyboard.

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
garizzalies said:

grant support

Let me try this again: Link?

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
garizzalies said:

grant support

Okay, so what did Engstrom have to do with this or these things? I agree that UM generally did well or very well with grants in all or most years when Engstrom was the president. I was told that some of the huge ones had nothing to do with Engstrom.

Back