• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bodnar - refreshing

He's a nice guy. He goes to all the games. He talks to students. And he's been here, what?...three months! To that I say BFD! Beyond moving his stuff into the big Main Hall office, visiting with department heads, hearing a fair amount of bitching and moving family into state-provided housing what evidence does anybody have that he's yet made any substantial progress relative to putting a distressed university into recovery mode :?: How about we give our fledgling president a decent amount of time to prove that his selection matches the flowery expectations.

In the meantime I have a large lake a block from downtown Butte for sale! Starry-eyed posters may PM me for details.

SoldierGriz said:
If 75 / Michal Sol wasn't band because he is a total ass-hat, he would provide some numbers. He was usually all over this kind of stuff.

Objectively too.

So nice to see a young active president who cares about UM athletics. Seth was there to see the basketball team off to the NCAA tournament as well...
Go Griz! :) :)

i_the_sky said:
So nice to see a young active president who cares about UM athletics. Seth was there to see the basketball team off to the NCAA tournament as well...

:dance: If cheerleading is a prime requisite for a university president, well hell, what more could you want?

Silvertip said:
He's a nice guy. He goes to all the games. He talks to students. And he's been here, what?...three months! To that I say BFD! Beyond moving his stuff into the big Main Hall office, visiting with department heads, hearing a fair amount of bitching and moving family into state-provided housing what evidence does anybody have that he's yet made any substantial progress relative to putting a distressed university into recovery mode :?: How about we give our fledgling president a decent amount of time to prove that his selection matches the flowery expectations.

In the meantime I have a large lake a block from downtown Butte for sale! Starry-eyed posters may PM me for details.

Can I bring my pet ducks.

Silvertip said:
i_the_sky said:

:dance: If cheerleading is a prime requisite for a university president, well hell, what more could you want?

Considering Bodnar’s predecessor, having a prez that will embrace athletics rather than actively undermine them is a breath of fresh air. Yes, policy and admin abilities have yet to be really shown and that will take time. But it’s ok to be enthusiastic and have high hopes.

I am more optimistic now then 2-3 months ago and probabably more than 2-3 years ago. I dont know enough about specific problems and changes that are present within Main Hall at this time but I know we have some difficult and likely painful decisions that will need to be made. We are way off course as an institution, as evidenced by the lack of faith college age students and their parents are showing in UM, and minor adjustments just arent going to cut it. If there werent people being critical of Bodnar at this point and in the future I would be concerned that he isnt going to right the ship.

I like that he has been all over campus supporting academics and athletics. I like that he has shown that he is willing to cause some upset to do what he thinks is best for UM. I hope he keeps it up and stays dedicated to the monstrous task he is facing.

I like our coaches, need a new soccer coach, and think they can get our athletics where we need them.

It is very early but I think we do have reason to be optimistic at this point.

I just started following Bodnar on Twitter (he has 2 accounts, 1 personal and 1 as President). He consistently posts pictures, group visits, encouragement, and support to anything and everything associated with the U of M. Also, GRIZ coaches have stepped up considerably in showing their support for one another.

I hope we can keep Bodnar in place for a very long time. He could become the best hire the U of M has ever made, at any capacity. He has what it takes to bring the U of M to new heights, academically and athletically.

PDXGrizzly said:
Silvertip said:
i_the_sky said:

Considering Bodnar’s predecessor, having a prez that will embrace athletics rather than actively undermine them is a breath of fresh air. Yes, policy and admin abilities have yet to be really shown and that will take time. But it’s ok to be enthusiastic and have high hopes.

I hope has better luck here than his leadership team at GE has the past 7 years. The value of my GE stock is lower than it was after th crash:(

mtgrizrule said:
I just started following Bodnar on Twitter (he has 2 accounts, 1 personal and 1 as President). He consistently posts pictures, group visits, encouragement, and support to anything and everything associated with the U of M. Also, GRIZ coaches have stepped up considerably in showing their support for one another.

I hope we can keep Bodnar in place for a very long time. He could become the best hire the U of M has ever made, at any capacity. He has what it takes to bring the U of M to new heights, academically and athletically.

because he knows how to use twitter for propaganda purposes(bqm)

great thinking.

argh! said:
mtgrizrule said:

great thinking.

Love it when a guy that can't afford a keyboard is taking shots at a guy with a record of success.

cclarkblues said:
argh! said:
mtgrizrule said:

great thinking.

Love it when a guy that can't afford a keyboard is taking shots at a guy with a record of success.

wasn't aware of mtgrizrule's history of success.

argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
argh! said:
mtgrizrule said:

great thinking.

Yes, what success are we talking about? Getting out of bed in the morning, or being an exceptional leader in their field, while being a productive member of society? Or somewhere inbetween?

MTGRZ said:
argh! said:
cclarkblues said:
argh! said:

great thinking.

Yes, what success are we talking about? Getting out of bed in the morning, or being an exceptional leader in their field, while being a productive member of society? Or somewhere inbetween?
The two presidents before him didn’t get the job done, so let’s hope he can and give him our support.
I’m betting on Bodnar.

Back